It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life 3 Confirmed !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well almost , Valve has confirmed rumors of a new Half Life game and that it will be officially announced later this week , the game will be a VR based experience and be called Half-Life: Alyx , obviously featuring Alyx Vance.

Full details of the game will come when it's announced tomorrow.

Ok it's not called Half Life 3 but Valve don't do 3 so this is it.

Wonder where Gordon is , perhaps we have to rescue him.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So, incorrect and misleading title then?

Understood.

Cool?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

It's still Half Life 3.

edit on 20-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This should be fun. I am still trying to find the perfect VR set.
Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm getting an Oculus Rift S either this week or next mate it seems to be the best bang for the buck option.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

After spending $500s for the VR setup.

This isn't HL3

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I feel like this has been “almost confirmed” for a lifetime

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Jefferton

It's still Half Life 3.

I heard its a prequel, So not what many of us want in a HL3.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I love half life. Still have the pc games. May have to check this out. I am VR ready so that is a plus. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

eh it could lead to them bringing back gordon freeman, just imagine how simple and cheap the trailer would be and the gamers would lose their gd minds . all it would take is the mysterious guy going "welcome back Mr freeman its been too long" then cut to a shot of gordon and the hype would be insane mostly due to the long going joke of "HL3 confirmed"

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nice! I think I might have just wet myself... I love this game! Hopefully this version is as good as 1&2! Would be sooo nice on PS5!
Thanks for posting this! I again have something to look forward too!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Utter nonsense... Valve doesn't make games anymore.

I was completely wrong....

FFS... seriously valve?

This is real...

It's defintely not HL3...

but a valve game, when they've stopped, is huge.
edit on 11/20/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's called half life:Alyx and it's VR.

It's not HL3.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It's the third game in the series that isn't an episode to be set in the Half Life universe so it is Half Life 3, if you need a number in the title to see that then that's your problem because Valve don't like that number.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The announcement is here and in the link below the video I and many many others have been waiting for.
store.steampowered.com...

Video just uploaded to youtube.

now tell me this isn't Half Life 3 !

"Alyx Vance alone cannot prevent his fate"
No , but we know a man who can.

edit on 21-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Valve have given a few details of the game and where it fits in the Half Life universe , the game is set in a time between Half Life 1 and Half Life 2 and will last as long as Half Life 2 ... which as I remember it was fairly long.

"The loss of the Seven-Hour War is still fresh. In the shadow of a rising Combine fortress known as the Citadel, residents of City 17 learn to live under the rule of their invaders. But among this scattered population are two of Earth's most resourceful scientists: Dr. Eli Vance and his daughter Alyx, the founders of a fledgling resistance.

"You and your father were relocated to City 17. In the years since, you've continued your clandestine scientific activity--performing critical research, and building invaluable tools for the few humans brave enough to defy the Combine."

According to Valve, Half-Life: Alyx will be a "full-length" game that's about as long as Half-Life 2, by the company's estimates. Valve says the title is VR-only because it affords more interactions and possibilities than a traditional mouse-and-keyboard setup could. The game will be playable with any Steam-compatible VR headset, but if you buy a Valve Index before the end of the year, you can get Half-Life: Alyx for free, along with some bonus content.
www.gamespot.com...

Half Life 3 releases March 30th , three weeks before Cyberpunk ... it's going to be a busy and expensive few weeks.

edit on 21-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Isn't that Freeman at the end of the trailer?

I loved Half Life 1 and 2, but I won't invest in a VR system for one game. I'm guessing it's unplayable without VR

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

There are many VR games available and many to be released so you wouldn't be buying VR for one game , the new Rift S is just $399 so not that expensive if you have a PC that can support it.

Half Life in VR is a mouthwatering prospect.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Might have to get this one... VR freak here so... any questions feel free to ask

But like most valve stuff it will be very over priced...

Just bought Stormland last night for $46... can't wait til i have some free time

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The announcement is here and in the link below the video I and many many others have been waiting for.
store.steampowered.com...

Video just uploaded to youtube.

now tell me this isn't Half Life 3 !

"Alyx Vance alone cannot prevent his fate"
No , but we know a man who can.

Looks like Valve made a 3rd chapter for Half-Life 2, while avoiding that pesky number 3.

edit on 22-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join