It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham, Sinema Bill to Permanently Reauthorize Security for Supreme Court Justices Passes Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is interesting....so they are passing a bill for permanent reauthorization of security for the SCOTUS to be able to carry weapons.

“I am very pleased that Congress passed legislation I introduced with Senator Sinema that would authorize Supreme Court Police to carry firearms outside the grounds of the Supreme Court to protect our Justices,” said Graham. “It's very important that our Court be provided the security they need to remain a safe, independent branch of the government and I look forward to President Trump signing this bill into law.”

“Permanently renewing the Supreme Court’s security is a smart use of taxpayer dollars and ensures the Court’s police have the resources they need to protect our Justices," said Sinema.

Now the really interesting part to me is the new part at the bottom...

This legislation would allow Justices to be protected domestically and internationally if necessary, mirroring the authority given to the Capitol Police and Secret Service as they protect members of Congress and the President. 

Source

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Doesn't seem like a big deal. If I were protecting a 'judge' of any caliber, I'd want to have a gun too. I'm sure they piss some people off with their rulings. We wouldn't want our justices to be sitting ducks, now would we?

What do you find odd or off about this ruling? I mean, aside from the fact that adults should already be able to carry a gun anywhere they damn well please

edit on 20-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I find it interesting that it is being passed as permanent and hasn't been done before that. Also that it is now including international protection, which I believe has only been granted to secret service in the past.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I guess "gun free zone" signs dont work.

Hmm, wierd.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: StallionDuck

I find it interesting that it is being passed as permanent and hasn't been done before that. Also that it is now including international protection, which I believe has only been granted to secret service in the past.

Makes sense.

Always seems like 'they' pass something that has to do with the future long before whatever it is takes place so we don't really think twice about it. We just deal.

Remember back when the democratic party wanted to shut down 'fake news' sites and keep them under their thumb and as this was years ago, it's something that the republican party would like to see (and the people) but no one is pushing for it like before?

Or Bush and his airport security that turned out to be a nightmare for people today but no matter how much we don't like it, we now have to deal with it?

Yeah... The government making laws is full of self fulfilling prophecies. They're usually 10 years ahead of us... They got this stuff down pat! It's a conspiracy indeed. No doubt about it. Maybe your on to something but I can't relate it to anything unless they fear mass panic, which in that case, it probably wouldn't matter anyways lol

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
People aren't getting any nicer so it makes sense. Another appointment by Trump in the next couple of years will really put them over the edge. Next summer is lined up to be really hot in the big cities.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I'm glad they realize their lives are so much more valuable than ours and should be protected with guns.

The rest of you peasants, too bad. They'll soon be taken.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Not without a fight! I will not allow anyone to disarm me.

new topics

top topics

join