It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quoting the entire op for no reason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

It's for us old folks that maybe forgot what we just read and need the reference
a reply to: JAGStorm
Dang, how old are you?

I can't answer for her, but mentally I'm 12, the goberment says I'm 30, and my doctor says my liver is 60. If I take the average, I'm 34.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
A lot of members shorten the quote so their replies can reference the OP directly to point out things which they didn’t agree with, or wanted to reference directly without the reader having to scroll up and scroll down, making sure the repliers know what they’re talking about.

It is called replying in context, and everyone should endeavor to do it... because I said do.

Rotflmao!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: ignorant_ape

If you hit reply, it still keeps that comment right above the text box for your post.

Are you sure about that?

I always thought the 'reply to: member' link only showed the post how it currently stands... as in, if its edited after the fact, then the edited post will come up.

Where as if you actually quote the post, the original unedited post will always remain.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Their post will be pinned right above the text box, not in it.

I actually prefer this if I'm going to reply to multiple points, and put each of those points in their own quote field, so I can simply scroll up to their post right above the text box and pull as I need.

Try replying to some OP's... You'll notice OP will be pinned right above the buttons for the text field.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Does this bother anyone else?

You have an op with multiple paragraphs and maybe a few pictures, and then 4 people on the first page think we all need it recapped above their 8 word response.

Just respond, if we’re in the thread I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we read the op, and if we didn’t why would we then read your quote of it? It’s a waste of space and makes no sense.

Can one of the many perpetrators of this idiocy please explain your reasoning because this is the societal problem that keeps me up at night.

It's for us old folks that maybe forgot what we just read and need the reference

So true

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

a reply to: JAGStorm
Dang, how old are you?

I bet old enough to eat cornbread and not choke on it.
How bout you ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have an op with multiple paragraphs and maybe a few pictures, and then 4 people on the first page think we all need it recapped above their 8 word response.

Just respond, if we’re in the thread I’d say there’s a pretty good chance we read the op, and if we didn’t why would we then read your quote of it? It’s a waste of space and makes no sense.

Can one of the many perpetrators of this idiocy please explain your reasoning because this is the societal problem that keeps me up at night.

1Yeah ! 2Right ?
3Why 4do 5folks 6do 7that 8anyways ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Nope

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Why does this bother you?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Because some of us (like me) are old and decrepit and have short attention spans. No idiocy involved.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Yep.

Used to hand out posting bans to get people to stop doing it.

Maybe we should bring that back again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join