It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollett sues city of Chicago for malicious prosecution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Jussie Smollett says the $10,000 he was mandated to pay after the criminal case against him was closed should prevent the city of Chicago from seeking reimbursement for the police investigation following his claim, back in January 2019, that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

Attorneys for the former "Empire" actor filed a response Tuesday to Chicago’s lawsuit in federal court. They also filed a counterclaim against the city, saying Smollett was the victim of a malicious prosecution that caused humiliation and extreme distress.

He was charged with filing a false police report, but those charges were dropped by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx a few weeks later.

Smollett Sues City of Chicago

How does this guy still get away with this hoax? How does Kim Foxx get off by dropping these charges of a hoax?

Smollett sent Kindergarten level death threats to himself in the mail, he hired two guys to act like they were beating him up. He said they screamed racial slurs, gay slurs, and told him it was MAGA country - in the middle of Chicago on subzero temp night - and he wrapped a rope around his neck along with pouring bleach on himself.

Kim should be forced to give us one good reason that he shouldn't be charged with everything a white guy would have been charged with. Smollett's outlook is a big reason this country has been so divided and it doesn't help that he gets away with it. I remember democrats getting away with things like this in the 60's, too, when a story like Smollett's would have been swept under the rug, if it was actually true, and he would have been killed for going to the police.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Jussie Smollett says the $10,000 he was mandated to pay after the criminal case against him was closed should prevent the city of Chicago from seeking reimbursement for the police investigation following his claim, back in January 2019, that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

Attorneys for the former "Empire" actor filed a response Tuesday to Chicago’s lawsuit in federal court. They also filed a counterclaim against the city, saying Smollett was the victim of a malicious prosecution that caused humiliation and extreme distress.

He was charged with filing a false police report, but those charges were dropped by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx a few weeks later.

Smollett Sues City of Chicago

How does this guy still get away with this hoax? How does Kim Foxx get off by dropping these charges of a hoax?

Smollett sent Kindergarten level death threats to himself in the mail, he hired two guys to act like they were beating him up. He said they screamed racial slurs, gay slurs, and told him it was MAGA country - in the middle of Chicago on subzero temp night - and he wrapped a rope around his neck along with pouring bleach on himself.

Kim should be forced to give us one good reason that he shouldn't be charged with everything a white guy would have been charged with. Smollett's outlook is a big reason this country has been so divided and it doesn't help that he gets away with it. I remember democrats getting away with things like this in the 60's, too, when a story like Smollett's would have been swept under the rug, if it was actually true, and he would have been killed for going to the police.

Someone really needs to advise this guy to STFU and let everyone forget about him. In a few years, he may be able to salvage his damaged reputation. He is lucky he isn't in jail. He needs to just move on while he can.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Rumor has it the city of Chicago yelled “this is maga country” before attacking poor Juicy with these racist fines for filing a false police report.

Seriously is this guy so desperate for attention that he’s going to keep reminding everyone of what a pos he is.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

He's a drama queen, he's not gonna go away. If a normal person got away with this, they'd go into hiding and never come out again. This dumbass doubles down and sues for malicious prosecution. He's the epitome of idiocy.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Rumor has it the city of Chicago yelled “this is maga country” before attacking poor Juicy with these racist fines for filing a false police report.

Seriously is this guy so desperate for attention that he’s going to keep reminding everyone of what a pos he is.

He makes me sick. He should be in jail for death threats, terrorism, 3 counts of attempted murder, racial intimidation, and whatever else I would have been charged for if I'd been the one attacking him.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Does he have a GoFundMe account? I'm sure his "fans" like Kamala are chomping at the bit to help him hire the best and brightest attorneys...at least tie it up in court for awhile, say...till after the Dem primary??

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Edumakated

He's a drama queen, he's not gonna go away. If a normal person got away with this, they'd go into hiding and never come out again. This dumbass doubles down and sues for malicious prosecution. He's the epitome of idiocy.

He is obviously a narcist. The public is generally forgiving. He should just focus on salvaging his career. Take two years off. Come back with some small unassuming roles and work his way back.

People will have forgotten and moved on but his ego wont let him.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Smollett has been legally exonerated now?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Jussie wants to play "hardball" even after perpetrating a staged/hoaxed "hate crime" that was 1) politically charged (which was a lie), 2) racially charged (also a lie as the 2 brothers were Nigerians, not whites), and 3) bigoted (because he is gay).

He still claims he didn't lie about anything and was the victim.

His whole story and circle of anti-Trump dems and hollyweirdos are about as fraudulent as they come.

Look into Kamala Harris and Corey Booker's "anti-lynching bill" that was proposed right after this fake hate crime, Jussie going to resist events with Adam Schiff, Kim Foxx the district attorney's friendship with Michelle Obama's ex-aid.... the list goes on and on and on. Jussie really needs to be held accountable for what he did and should be charged with a hate crime himself

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

One of two things is happening here...

1) We already know he is represented by really poor attorneys who were willing to go on national television to help keep the lie going for him without him having to perjure himself. I don't think they are very bright and some of their excuses for a defense are down right laughable.

2) They could be using this $10,000 that was negotiated with the prosecutor as a way to delay having to pay out any money to the police department if he's found liable. This may be their way of demanding a conclusion on the special investigation into the prosecutor's office before any one is capable of deciding whether or not he really needs to pay up to the police department. It could be just a stall tactic.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He does!~ $85 of 20k raised.

LMAO!

I'm not posting the link though - not for that idiot.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

This loser needs to go away.
It's at the point where his name triggers me (and I hate the word triggered)
His name sounds like a venereal disease -Jussie Smollett

Doctors office-
Sir, I'm sorry to inform you that you have Jussie Smollett disease, did you have unprotected sex with someone with
low common sense?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Takes a special kind of entitlement to get let off of something and sue back.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Takes a special kind of entitlement to get let off of something and sue back.

He has obviously lost touch with reality... at least it seems so

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

LOL. This is like running someone over while drunk driving and then suing them for being on the sidewalk.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Justice for Jussie.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Justice for Jussie.

I agree.

What kind of world do we live in where a gay black man feels so oppressed that he has to stage an attack on himself by his perceived enemies just to be victimized by the justice department for bringing awareness to fake crimes?

This isn't the America I was born in, I'll tell you wHat. (make sure you guys really pronunciation that capital h in wHat, I really want ya'll to hear that h pull through, or the phrase doesn't sound right.... like hwŏt, then imagine a farmer with a piece of straw in his mouth saying it.... just like that)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: queenofswords

He does!~ $85 of 20k raised.

I can't believe that he even raised that much...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Smollett has been legally exonerated now?

Apparently. Kim Foxx, the friend who recused herself initially, has now dropped all charges. It makes me sick that people like her aren't forced to step down. She has a job that should be bipartisan, but she uses it to her advantage.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

100%. He should be charged with whatever a stranger would have been charged had the hoax been true.

The media immediately rushed to judge white Trump supporters and then dropped everything when it was concluded that Smollett faked the crime. THAT'S privilege.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join