It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Does Not Care About Illegal Immigrant Children

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Recently, a report emerged indicating the Trump administration was keeping over 100,000 illegal immigrant children in detention centers. This figure was said to be an unprecedented humanitarian crisis. It's unconscionable to keep that many kids in detention. The people responsible for this are evil, racist, inhumane and the lowest form of scum on earth.

Except, oops, it turns out the numbers are actually from the Obama administration.

Concern in the media quickly dried up. The stories were all retracted, not merely updated with accurate dates. This was an unconscionable abuse of human rights, but because your god Obama was responsible for it, it's now suddenly okay. This isn't the first time this has happened. Last year, the media falsely blaimed Trump for photos of illegal immigrant children being kept in cages. The photos turned out to have been taken in 2014. Again, it happened under the Obama administration. And once again, when that fact was revealed, concern quickly dried up because it couldn't be used to damage Trump, which is all the Left and their media allies cared about when they saw those pictures. And it wasn't even news. That particular story was broken in 2014 by Katie Pavlich and the media ignored it. There was no collective freak-out about human rights violations. There was no hashtag campaign. No illegal immigrant advocates protested. No one on the Left condemned Obama.

Pelosi also famously abandoned the DACA kids when Trump offered her a deal that would grant them a path to citizenship. Why did she reject the deal? Because it required securing the border. It would've given Trump a win, and preventing that was more important than getting these DACA recipients citizenship. There was no mass outrage from the Left over her failure to do the right thing. The only people outraged were DACA recipients because they know they got hosed. Their supposed champions in the media and the left-wing activists? Silent.

My message for the Left: No one takes you seriously. No one believes you have any concern for these kids. We all know your outrage is fake. Just like your selective outrage over Ukraine and excuses for Biden doing the same thing. I know you think you're soooo smart and the average American is so dumb, but I've got news for you, we see right through this #. Everyone knows you don't care about these kids. They are nothing but political props to you, and that's plain as day for everyone to see. Even though the media will bury this, the cat is out of the bag. This story is all over social media. People have access to other sources of information these days. The average person isn't reliant on the media to tell us what to think like you guys are. And the hypocrisy is in grand view.

I don't wanna hear one #ing word about the treatment of illegal immigrant children or illegal immigrants in general because I know you're not concerned. Wanna prove me wrong? Let's see some massive protests and condemnation of the Obama administration. If you really cared, this would be horrible to you no matter whose administration it happened under. If you really cared, you'd be following Obama, Biden, and other members of his administration around in public ostracizing them for their role in this, because that's what's been done to Republicans.

But we all know that won't happen, because you don't care. The second this stopped being a political win for you, concern for these kids dried up like a California resevoir, because the concern was fake in the first place. You don't care about these kids, and everyone knows it. Let the excuses and whataboutism flow...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Of course the Dems in power don't care about the imprisonment of immigrant children. I've said many times that Obama's immigrant policy is pretty much as bad as Trump's.

That doesn't change the fact that the rank and file of the Left see this as a humanitarian crisis while the rank and file of the Right see it as justified. At least until it allows them to dunk on Obama.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Great post and people need to keep spreading the truth about these
hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I might get in trouble for saying this...
I am in need of hip boots to read anything
else from you!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
the rank and file of the Left see this as a humanitarian crisis

Actually it's rather obvious they don't. That's what the entire post was about. Maybe you and a few other leftists care, but the majority of you obviously don't. If you did, we'd be seeing a much harsher reaction to this story. We're not. The media doesn't care. The activists don't care. The Twitter mob doesn't care. It's obvious this is not an issue to most of the Left unless it can be used for political gain. Take your partisan blinders off bud. Your side sucks. The other side is irrelevant to that determination.

ETA: I think I may see where the confusion is. I should've said "ideological blinders" not "partisan blinders." Poor word choice on my part.
edit on 20 11 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

As you'll notice, I framed my post as Left and Right. Not DNC and GOP. The vast majority of DNC supporters are virtually indistinguishable from the neocons that make up the bulk of the Right.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Recently, a report emerged indicating the Trump administration was keeping over 100,000 illegal immigrant children in detention centers. This figure was said to be an unprecedented humanitarian crisis. It's unconscionable to keep that many kids in detention. The people responsible for this are evil, racist, inhumane and the lowest form of scum on earth.

The people responsible for this are evil, racist, inhumane and the lowest form of scum on earth.
That would be their parents who would abandon them to whatever....

Using children like shields.

Build the Wall...!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

As you'll notice, I framed my post as Left and Right. Not DNC and GOP. The vast majority of DNC supporters are virtually indistinguishable from the neocons that make up the bulk of the Right.

I'm not sure where I mentioned the DNC or GOP. The Left in general still clearly doesn't care about these kids. Where's the protests? Where's the outrage? Does that have to come from the DNC? Where's your grassroots power? I'll wait while you keep deflecting.

ETA: I briefly mentioned Pelosi, but that was in the context of giving a 3rd example of how the Left fails to care about these kids when it's the Democrats screwing them. Your failure to understand the entire point of the post is notable.
edit on 20 11 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm sure many on the left have good intentions... I just think they're misplaced.

If we allow illegal immigrants, those kids are just going to end up being wage slaves sharing a flat with too many.

The next arguement would be, "well make them legal and school them ect ect..."

But we have plenty of our own who need to be looked after first.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Where's the protests

You mean like the nationwide protest that occurred last year? Or the ones that regularly occur in front of the White House?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If we allow illegal immigrants, those kids are just going to end up being wage slaves sharing a flat with too many.

So they'll do the same thing as many US citizens?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

So they'll do the same thing as many US citizens?

But for less, and without many of the protections we have from exploitation.

Personally, I have no problem with immigrants... But I do recognize the reality that much of the issue is so that many can exploit them for cheap labor and much worse.

I don't see either party with a solution to the growing concerns around it... And in my opinion, if many who are pandering to the issue without a solution get their way and allow more in, that's just more that will be exploited.

We already have a good percentage of our own population struggling. I can't imagine we'd be able to truly provide a better life for the number of people seeking it.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Left Does Not Care About Illegal Immigrant Children

I've considered this to be a given from the beginning of the whole whining fit. It's never been about the children. They, like everything else, are just a tool for the progressives. Nothing matters to them but their agenda. They'd sell their mothers for their agenda.

Sadly, well meaning useful idiots get caught up in the hand-wringing and become their unwitting mouthpieces.
:
edit on 2019 11 20 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

My message for the Left: No one takes you seriously.

Nobody takes you seriously either lol

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

this is comedy, on top of comedy. the only thing that would top this, is if Silly came by to make the same post.

You do make me smile.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Somehow you seem happy? like this will affect your life in a positive way.

So what is it that affects your life so poorly that you revel in somebody elses life?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yeah until they lose another election and a new, 4-year temper tantrum starts. Keep ignoring the voters
that worked out great last time around.

new topics

top topics

join