It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just question on the disappearance of a thread on big tech censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have been concerned and wondered why a thread I wrote on (not my thread) just disappeared, poof.

It seemed to be a quite innocuous thread with the usual griping about big tech and their censorship of conservatives. Nothing new

There was nothing new in what anyone wrote that I could tell.

Maybe some new slants on an old topic, but nothing earth shaking. No one was ranting or disparaging anyone except big tech (no big deal really).

I noticed it when I got a reply to my comment and then tried to look at what the person wrote.

The entire thread was gone.

I could not find it anywhere. This was quite a few days ago.

I gave it one more go trying to find the thread, but it has totally and completely disappeared.

I just am curious why. It has me wondering and a little distressed that this would happen on ATS.

Doesn't this just confirm the thread? To make an entire thread on internet censorship disappear? Perhaps there was a good reason I know not of.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I remember a thread some years back, maybe on here doing that. It was about a discovery CERN had made regarding gold. They had smashed two atoms together and it created enough potential energy to power the entire US for a week.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

dont EVER qiestion the machinations of ATS thread deletion

i am now certain - that there is zero logic or consistency behind it - and certainly no underpinning in the T&C

i have a good grasp of why my own threads get trashed - and it always has a valid reason

but other peoples - just vanish for reasons

and no one will say why

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thread removals are only discussed with the thread author, and not in public.

Closed.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How/Why do threads get trashed?

In no particular order the most common causes.

1. Violation of T&C in some way. And there are many ways to violate the T&C.
2. OP is a duplicate current topic in a forum that does not allow for identical topic threads. Or in the case it does allow, a single member tries to “lock down” the topic.
3. Minimal OP.
4. Mercy killing. Similar to OP request only it is to prevent a large portion of the membership from becoming automatically post banned from all the warns actioning their posts in a “controversial” thread.
5. A more comprehensive list would go to 9 here.
10. Accidents happen and the thread was accidentally trashed. The OP can request a review to restore.

What doesn’t happen when a thread is trashed is a discussion from the staff to other members besides the OP. Such a thing violates privacy. No one likes be called on the carpet in front of their peers. Which is exactly why we do not do it.

new topics

top topics

join