It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock Scotch review.... Dalmore 12 Year Single Malt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I could have sworn I had this before, maybe I had years ago, or maybe I just always intended to venture through the dalmore line(as I do again).

It seems to be up my ally, from a price point and being a highlander, which seems to be what my preference is when it comes to scotch.

So I picked up a bottle today from a liquor store I rarely visit, but they had a better selection than most.

It's the usual 12 year old bourbon/sherry cask aged whisky's typical of most of the highland distilleries staple offerings.

Overall though, it's a bit smoother than some of the others I've had. A bit more subtle when it comes to the finish and not trying to be too overpowering.

I like it and the price points seem reasonable for the ages, so I'll probably certainly buy this one again and venture a bit up the line in the near future.

Years on scotch is sometimes artificial, IMO. This dalmore 12 is priced like, but compares favorably, to some of the lower priced houses 15's like Glenfiddich and Glenlivet. Good solid entry at a price that is reasonable, but still a bit "high" enough to know you are getting a solid offering.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I wish I can put a fancy stamp on my drinking habit. Sadly, it's just boozing until I pass out.

join