It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans got their ass handed to them

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
twitter.com... interesting short video clip

seems vindman agrees that opening an investigation into a political opponent is legal and well with in the presidents rights? dont think that is what the democrat asking the question expected as a response

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They made a fool of themselves

Its only natural since they are fools defending a bigger fool!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That is a sound enough observation Burd. I can understand that this can be ascertained from my posts. And yes, I have had a long history of being liberal. I also have a long history of being conservative. At my age this is possible. While you and others may see my posts as being ''one sided'' I attribute this to what I see here as being a decidedly far right crowd.

One thing that I think I may have learned is how extreme views are traps. I see it in this so call ''squad'' and I see it in much of the Trump base. Those extreme views alienate the believers from other views as a defense of their position. Other views are viewed as view that is lumped into a general ''bad guys'' grouping. One poster up the thread referred to me as ''you guys''.
I say that I am ''me guy'' not ''them guys''. But that is how it can seem. This of course is true of both sides in extremism. I struggle to not be extremist. Here it is hard to do because I know that most of the time, just because I rail against Trump, most of what I have to day is automatically tossed into the ''you guys'' thinking.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: proximo

You people? I guess it's you against all the rest of us huh? Persecution complex it seems. "You people". Humph.

No, it's about half the country, and more people are wising up all the time.

I will give you that Prox. About half the country. Split between those who support Trump and those who do not. Myself, I want to see him voted out. I am against this impeachment idea.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Seriously though.

Why are D's trying to impeach Trump when they know the senate is never going to 'convict'.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Thanks for that well thought out response.... Care to explain to us how it's accurate and how they were made to look like fools today????

Or is this as much of an intellectual response as you could muster???

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Well, this is the factual take, but Republicans have gone off in an emotional, irrational, and sometimes even delusional and poorly-informed direction. I've also been watching the hearings, although I'm still on Day 1 (there are 9 hours to watch from this day alone!).

Basically, can Republicans keep their constituents and lawmakers from turning against Trump based on emotions and false beliefs? Maybe even loyalty to Trump over the rule of law, our nation, and acceptable standards for Presidential conduct? I'm betting so. Some types are easily persuaded by this sort of thing.

edit on 19pmTue, 19 Nov 2019 18:46:42 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Because they're stupid and don't think it through..... Even if they got their perfect scenario they'd have Pence whose infinitely more conservative......

TDS and the fact they know he's exposing their cartel is the only reason they are doing this

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Basically, can Republicans keep their constituents and lawmakers from turning against Trump based on emotions and false beliefs? I'm betting so.

Pretty sure the only people that were asking about feelings were Schiff for brains and company.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

www.auburn-reporter.com... not just supid but deluisional they think they can get rid of trump AND pence so they can have President Pelosi (thows up like the ipecac episode from family guy)

At the end of last week, Pence’s name surfaced in the impeachment inquiry, and he was not being cooperative with documents requested by House Democrats. What did Pence know and when? And what did he do? If the Democrats in the House can find an impeachable error by Pence and figure out a way to take out both Trump and Pence, Nancy Pelosi, as speaker, is third in line to the presidency. If Pence were impeached and removed with no one in the vice president’s position, the speaker of the House moves up. President Nancy Pelosi! How many Republicans want to see that happen? None. So the Republicans will try and keep a damaged Trump or Pence in place at almost any cost, including control of the Senate. Adding Pence to the impeachment process weakens the Trump-Pence ticket now, and Pence in the future. You will hear more linkage of the two names. There will be all kinds of new chess moves before we get to the 2020 election, so prepare for a bumpy ride.
nothing ive seen even remotely implicates pence (or even trump really) but hey its the only chance the dems have for 2020 as the dem 2020 crew keep getting hammered by various groups and people

La times seems to think the dems should nominate her for 2020 which is hilarious www.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
want to repeat that OP?

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.politico.com... seems voters are tiring of this impeachment nonsense as well even independents

"Voter opposition to the impeachment inquiry is at its highest point since Morning Consult and POLITICO began tracking the issue," said Tyler Sinclair, Morning Consult's vice president. "A key driver for this shift appears to be independents. Today, 47 percent of independents oppose the impeachment inquiry, compared to 37 percent who said the same one week ago."
so with in a week a 10% change by independents against supporting impeachment

www.cnn.com... cnn saying indpendents wont be a factor in 2020

But the truth is independents are not nearly as "neutral" as we think. In our research, we found that roughly two-thirds of self-declared independents are partisan. To put it simply, they have strong political leanings that they don't immediately reveal to pollsters. And they are therefore less likely to close political divides than we might otherwise assume. Once this reality is factored into the analysis of the electorate, the picture changes dramatically. According to the ANES, of the 38% of voters who initially said they were independent in 2016, just over one-third (34%) leaned Democratic and 38% leaned Republican. Democratic-leaning independents voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton (92%), while Republican-leaning independents voted overwhelmingly for Donald Trump (91%). As is often the case in voting, only about a third of independents are truly independent.
so seems the independents that lean trump will stay that way and kind of goes to support the "silent majority" narritave where not all trump supporters are open about it and vote with out being "outward supporters of him" and that is what dems should fear in 2020 as it could very well be a repeat of 2016

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I totally agree.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am far right, deeply conservative. I've been that way for pretty much my whole life. When I look at Donald Trump I see a moderate sitting in the White House. I read history often and I see far more parallels between the policies of Donald Trump and the policies of JFK and even the bipartisan side of Bill Clinton than I see Russell Kirk or Barry Goldwater within his ideas. A large number of the criticisms laid against him are meritless and ridiculous. For example...

-How frequently have we heard that the administration is antisemitic? Yet, simultaneously, when was the last time America had a president who was as gracious and supportive of Israel as the current admin is? Trump's inner circle is literally as Jewish a group as has ever existed within a US cabinet, yet the outright false narrative continues as if it were the gospel... even more ridiculously, it continues from a party which is historically and in present day bluntly antisemitic. The Klan was founded out of the Democratic party a century plus ago and today the party harbors Rashida Tliab, Ilhan Omar, and a litany of elected party members who rub noses with Louis Farrakhan... but the president who's own son in law is a practicing Jew and whose inner circle is dense with Jewish advisers, confidants, and friends is a hater?

-Trump's alleged "hatred" of the LGBTQ community is a quaint and frequent accusation. Curiously, a man whose best friend is gay and who asked that best friend to speak before the Republican National Convention, a man who openly wept when his call for more tolerance of LGBT people was met with applause by the GOP attendees, a man whose public position on virtually all LGBTQ topics is in lock step with what the official Democratic position was just 10 years ago is amazingly a huge bigot? Again, it makes zero sense.

-Trump gets shat upon often for his allegedly "alt-right/far-right/fascist" position on securing America's borders. He even took it so far as to take the supposedly "unprecidented and unconstitutional" position of choosing some countries which the US would not openly accept immigrants from. AMAZING considering the move was neither unprecidented nor unconstitutional. The federal Immigration and Nationality Act, in fact, grants the POTUS full authority to pick and choose any group or country which he or she decides accepting immigrants from is not in the US' best interests. GHW Bush used it to temporarily block Haitians from entering the US, Carter blocked entry to the US by all Iranians, and FDR blocked all Jewish refugees from the US prior to WW2. Wanna talk about the unprecedented horror of "locking up families" by the president? Look no further than FDR again... the man ordered families of not foreigners, but families of AMERICANS who were of Japanese heritage and some of German and Italian heritage as well.

I could continue, but you get the point, I'm sure. If you look at Donald Trump and see an "extreme" then perhaps you need to analyse those standing closest to you because it is likely you, yourself have slipped into an extreme fringe and it is perverting your judgement.

I've always found it fascinating that 3 of the most hated GOP presidents, the ones that make the establishment Left's skin crawl are also 3 of the most moderate, damn near liberal on some topics, presidents this country has ever had where conservative presidents are concerned. Richard Nixon... the man founded the EPA, NOT A CONSERVATIVE MOVE... Reagan... was conservative fiscally, but socially he was quite moderate. Trump...
Conversely, I will admit that one of the most despised Democrat presidents in GOP circles was actually a very moderate Democrat. In hindsight, Bill Clinton's policies, aside from his stance on guns, weren't exactly left wing. It's fairly obvious why Donald Trump was a fan of his and was considered a friend and supporter by the Clintons until Bill and Hillary poisoned that well.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I see you've officially been absorbed into the ATS hivemind. Congrats. 😂

Says the guy regurgitating bs that's absolutely unsubstantiated but is literally the headlines all over liberal news networks...........

Just because most people can see this for what it is doesn't mean it's a hive mind.......

I guess if people believe facts and truth that's hive mind?????

Shall I get you a mirror

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
want to repeat that OP?

youtu.be...

BOOM , but if we listen to this and call BS on this whole thing the dems are pulling, were accused of having a hive mind...........

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Maybe you should take a few min and just listen to this little part, thats just a FRACTION of whats going on through this whole thing........maybe YOU should stop being hive minded

edit on 11/19/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ever stop to think that perhaps whoever Vindman told, told someone else and that they are the whistleblower? That would square with both of their stories.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm sure many are having a grand old time in this thread and yes, it some degree, it is amusing.

But maybe we should be a little less mocking and a bit more concerned about mental health and ridiculing those with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

The problem with that is, though, why did Schiff prohibit Vindman from answering the question of who he talked to.

Independent libertarian here-- and the shutting down of that question earlier today pretty much settled this whole thing for me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join