It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans got their ass handed to them

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: olaru12

So you are saying early on they made a change when they found a problem ... and you want to go back to the problematic way? Talk about voter disenfranchise, every President would cater to ONLY big cities and ONLY a few states and every other state would necessarily need to be disenfranchised and screwed. Even with the EC we are headed that way with the megacities having so much sway.

If a citizen pays taxes, his vote should count as much as anyone else. Otherwise the EC can corrupt the vote to favor who THEY want. I put no faith in the electoral process actually. The oligarchy MIC puts in the lacky the want anyway.

I'm speaking from a purely philosophical standpoint. I feel the founding fathers had the right idea....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...!!
edit on 21-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And why would anyone do anything for a state like Rhode Island in the scenario you paint? How would their vote matter when they can't vote for anyone who represents them?

Do you think the rural population of California has much say currently? How would your plan fix that?

It is actually the opposite. We need to break up individual states into counties. So each county would get a portion of their state's EC vote based on population, and rather than a winner take all for the state, each counties portion goes to the person who won that county. THAT is how we get better representation.
edit on 21-11-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

It is actually the opposite. We need to break up individual states into counties. So each county would get a portion of their state's EC vote based on population, and rather than a winner take all for the state, each counties portion goes to the person who won that county. THAT is how we get better representation.
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That sounds like another typical conservative solution. Add more layers and a greater likelihood of corruption. If you have ever had any connection with local bureaucracy you would know what I mean. I don't care anymore, trash the constitution and the idealism of the founding fathers in your march to right wing fascism.

Blessed to have options when the SHTF.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It is already tracked by counties, nothing new needs to be added.

What say does someone in rural California have today? Rural America is only 19% of the population today, and decreasing. How does your method give rural America a voice?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It is already tracked by counties, nothing new needs to be added.

What say does someone in rural California have today? Rural America is only 19% of the population today, and decreasing. How does your method give rural America a voice?

Apparently you still have faith in the electoral process. I don't. And as I grow older my cynicism increases. The corporations control all aspects of government and that includes elections. They own the voting machines and determine the outcome.

"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it" .... Twain

I still go to the polling stations and vote in every election, local and federal....it's a great place to pick up women.

I'm a registered Libertarian, worked for Gov. Gary my friend. Worked in the local GOP media center last election, production staff for local TV campaign spots. Union gig that paid exceptionally well and will probably do it again in 2020.

I have no illusions but still stand by the premise that taxpayers should decided who leads the Republic. One man, One vote.

Still vote whom ever you want, you're as impotent as everyone else.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

How does your method give rural America a voice?

Simple answer, it doesn’t. What they fail to understand is without middle America they don’t exist. Put a wall around NYC and coastal America on the West and see how long they last, yet they want to silence everyone in between. It’s logistically an argument reserved for the dumbest of the dumb. I say go for it fools.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
"Sondland's bombshell leaves Trump's allies scrambling" - WAPO - Thursday, November 21, 2019

Besides hoping that R. Giuliani should be held criminally accountable for his efforts linked to bribery and extortion, and failing to register as a foreign agent.

D.J.Trump needs to be impeached and put on trial for tax evasion --- And V.P. Pence on down the whole line of Trump's administration, also need to be put on trial and impeached in the Senate.

edit on 21-11-2019 by Erno86 because: added a few words

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
"Sondland's bombshell leaves Trump's allies scrambling" - WAPO - Thursday, November 21, 2019

Besides hoping that R. Giuliani should be held criminally accountable for his efforts linked to bribery and extortion, and failing to register as a foreign agent.

D.J.Trump needs to be impeached and put on trial for tax evasion --- And V.P. Pence on down the whole line of Trump's administration, also need to be put on trial and impeached in the Senate.

HRC (Destruction of subpoenaed evidence, handling of classified info, etc, etc....) Biden(QPQ/extortion, etc..) and Obama(QPQ, FISA abuse, etc..) and on down the line first. You're okay with them being held accountable for their wrongdoings, correct? You do think justice should be for everyone not just the Republicans and the Trump administration, correct? Just wondering if we're on the same page as far as equal justice for all.

edit on 21-11-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

HRC (Destruction of subpoenaed evidence, handling of classified info, etc, etc....) Biden(QPQ/extortion, etc..) and Obama(QPQ, FISA abuse, etc..) and on down the line first. You're okay with them being held accountable for their wrongdoings, correct? You do think justice should be for everyone not just the Republicans and the Trump administration, correct? Just wondering if we're on the same page as far as equal justice for all.

Have you ever wondered why HRC hasn't been indited yet? Even with trumps hand picked AG... The chants of lock her up are still ringing in the ears of trump supporters. After all it was a campaign promise. Ever get the feeling that you might have been chumped out?

Justice for the political class is nonexistent. Your naive idealism is refreshing though!!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: tinner07

You were so not watching the same hearing I was or you're just into your 'willful ignorance' mode.

All in all - it was a GREAT day - for those who have cognitive skills that is.

Agree
Nothing from sondland that is evidence of a crime.

Except that he said there was crime, not in as many words.

So - are you really trying to say - Denying the president of Ukraine from a presidential meeting until they announce they are going to investigate Burisma and 2016 election meddling is a crime?

Seriously I want to know. I hope the Democrats seriously vote for impeachment based on that - GO FOR IT.

You will have your party utterly destroyed in the Senate if they dare to vote for impeachment based on that.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Nunes is an idiot... and a liar

And Schiff is the epitome of honesty, a real stand-up guy.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

But Obama and Clinton both won the popular vote too.

Not turmp. He lost the popular vote. His great victory was due to 70 thousand people across three vital states.
Luck was what got him elected. Not skill. Not his platform because he had none. Oh wait he had build the wall mexico is going to pay for it. Ha ha. but I digress.
the difference between a victory where you know americans want you and a fluke where americans got stuck with you.

No, what got Trump elected was Hillary Clinton, as in the voters hated her.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It would make a great october surprise if Trump prosecuted Hillary,and that could be why he might be saving it for his re election campaign.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

It would make a great october surprise if Trump prosecuted Hillary,and that could be why he might be saving it for his re election campaign.

The chant isn't very catchy.

"Lock her up this time for reals"

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Pretty sure Trumps far to occupied with trying to save his own arse from being prosecuted, to even contemplate going after Hillary.

Its kind of like the lottery... even though deep down you know you'll never win, you just keep buying a ticket every week... because you know, its nice to dream.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not that I care , but …

Hilary , Bill , Clinton foundation , pay for play ,
charity funded wedding , fraud , perjury ,
uranium debacle , private server ,racketeering ,
suicided witnesses , jeff Rupert and all that stuffing …..

the list goes on and on and on ….
Democrat swamp rats need a mirror wherever they face ,
and whenever they speak .

Go the Don

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Lock Trump's ass up!!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Besides that Devin Nunes, the Minority Chair for the GOP was just exposed as having worked with Lev Parnas in Ukraine while Lev Parnas was also working with Giulliani on this scheme.

Read that? Devin Nunes might be subpoenaed.

WOW...Just wild!

DEVIN FAILED TO MENTION THIS DURING ALL THE INVESTIGATION.

Rep. Devin Nunes got help from indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas for 2018 Europe trip
theweek.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Its kind of like the lottery... even though deep down you know you'll never win, you just keep buying a ticket every week... because you know, its nice to dream.

DO NOT mess with my dream.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: tinner07

You were so not watching the same hearing I was or you're just into your 'willful ignorance' mode.

All in all - it was a GREAT day - for those who have cognitive skills that is.

Agree
Nothing from sondland that is evidence of a crime.

Except that he said there was crime, not in as many words.

So - are you really trying to say - Denying the president of Ukraine from a presidential meeting until they announce they are going to investigate Burisma and 2016 election meddling is a crime?

If it was not the President, yes it is a serious crime.

Since the President is protected by separation of powers, it is qualified as an Abuse of Power.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join