It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

republicans got their ass handed to them

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The fact that y'all defend these people like they have your best interests in mind shows how little you payed attention in the last 4 decades.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
How in the sweet hell, can you possibly deduce that from what transpired today?

Did you totally miss the Hunter Biden questions by the repubs or did you just watch the Dems?????

Actually, that would totally explain it - he only watched the dems questioning.

I listened to a republican deposition on my morning commute. The person he was questioning about was a white house agent who takes part in setting up travel plans, and was asking her about how fare in advance the plans for VP to see Zelensky had been cancelled.

Anyway, he made himself look pretty foolish driving at a few points the witness had clearly indicated he was wrong about, and she did a good job of staying on point and consistent.

So, I give his deposition skills a grade of "D" (not quite "F"). He kind of blew it.

But in spite of such failures, it is increasingly apparent that the facts favor the republicans. They don't need to be more skillful than the Dems to win this.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting, my next door neighbor whos a liberal just got into town. (hes a snowbird) walked in on him watching the hearing, first thing out of his mouth was ask if i've been watching? Than stated that Biden should be removed from the presidential ticket and that this event is making them look bad.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Did you totally miss the Hunter Biden questions by the repubs or did you just watch the Dems?????
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Exactly. this was not about Hunter Biden was it? it is about the presisident

You think that because your head has been filed with garbage. You've watched too much CNN.

This is absoultely about Hunter Biden, his father and others. The activity in Ukraine they were engaged in demands an investigation, which is exactly what Trump called for support . He has the constitutional authority to do exactly that.

(post by Gojira54 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Bitch ass Trump going down 😂😂

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Orange-man bad

This entire display is a farce put on by Democrats who know the result of any potential Senate trial are already a foregone conclusion.

POTUS will not be convicted in the Senate. I was done listening to Dems the moment they tried the phoney, bitter Russia narrative.

My only hope is that these most serious crimes do not go unpunished. I think people will completely lose faith in government, system of justice and the notion of a fair justice system should this be allowed to stand.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You are painting with a pretty broad brush. I think you will be surprised to find a lot of "Trump supporters" are simply America supporters and believe the democrats are a bunch of neoliberal globalist elitists who want to end this country. Maybe its not so much a love for Trump as an absolute LOATHING for democrats who they view as sellouts, seditionists and willing to end our borders and national sovereignty for a price. That's the real reason Donald Trump was elected to begin with, people were infuriated with establishment politicians and wanted to throw a human Molotov cocktail into the mix. This is lost on a lot of people on the left, as people supporting Trump see the attempts to remove him not so much as a legitimate legal action, so much as an attempt to negate their vote and their grievances. They laugh at accusations of "Russian Collusion" and "Quid pro quo" when at the same time The treachery of the Clintons is ignored, who championed NAFTA, Hillary supported the TPP, was pro outsourcing and views working class Americans as rubes and hicks (AKA deplorables). Donald Trump is not their problem, THEY are their own worst enemies. Trump may be no angel, but to a lot of people the dems are Satan incarnate by comparison. They don't realize they are not up against Trump, they are up against the strong perspective and wish that this country will regain its industrial base, reject globalism, and remain a sovereign nation. That is not "right wing nationalism" or "white supremacism" its simply loyalty to ones country. That idea has firmly taken root, and no impeachment will remove it. It will only grow, as the anti globalist movement is growing world wide. It is an idea, and ideas cannot be undone once started.
edit on 20-11-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jimrat201

dems said that with the "tape," too, and...
-The dirty, rotten, invented "dossier"
Stormy
Russia
Mueller
Flynn
Manafort
Ukraine
SDNY
Secret indictments
Epstein-Clinton
The whistleblower
The leakers
The impeachment
State of New York

....and a million more false statements from the left swearing up & down that today this day is Trump's absolute very last day in office. And yet, the sun always rises the next day with our President still in the WH and meanwhile nobody except democrats listen to the Dems any more or care what they think, do or have to say.

Trump will finish out his first term with excellent odds of re-election. Given the amateurness/extremism of current demon candidates, I'd say those odds can be at least quintupled especially if that loser Harris ends up being the nominee.

Yawn

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

That is where I am. Trump is doing great, sure, but ultimately I'd vote just as passionately for anyone who would stand up for our Constitution instead of cowering into the extreme psuedo-solutions professed by loud minority of know-nothings. I realize what the dems are, and know that defeating them is of utmost importance to the future of this country.

democrat election = loss of sovereignty, loss of rights, loss of worthwhile-ness

Anyone stupid enough to put them in office after all we've seen deserves to live with the consequences. With that group I'm personally more concerned about separation/minimization/marginalizatoin than I am with reconciliation.

Thankfully the SCOTUS ensures their agenda will be once-more beaten back for decades despite any change in public support/votes/numbers/etc. All the GOP has to do is keep putting AMERICA FIRST and AMERICANS FIRST always and we win. It isn't a gambit, unlike the Dem's plan, but it is guaranteed to work and won't backfire.
edit on 11/20/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

When every single firsthand witness says Trump did nothing wrong why would you not acquit him?

“Did anyone ever ask you to bribe or extort anyone at any time during your time in the White House?" House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., asked at one point in Tuesday's afternoon hearing.

Former National Security Council (NSC) aide Tim Morrison: "No."

Former U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker: “No."

Later, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., covered similar ground in asking the witnesses about Trump's fateful July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: "Mr. Morrison, you were on that call, and there was no quid pro quo, correct? No bribery? No extortion?"

"Correct," Morrison replied in response to each question.

"And, Ambassador Volker, I presume you got a readout of the call. ... Was there any reference to withholding aid? Any reference to bribery? Any reference to quid pro quo? Any reference to extortion?"

"No, there was not," Volker replied, again and again.

www.foxnews.com...

We have the transcript, there is nothing impeachable in it.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sondland did recall that at one point he asked Trump what he wants from Ukraine.

"He just said, 'I want nothing, I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo,'" Sondland recalled.

Wow so bad for Trump.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You were so not watching the same hearing I was or you're just into your 'willful ignorance' mode.

All in all - it was a GREAT day - for those who have cognitive skills that is.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Today I watched the hearings and the republicans got their ass handed too them.

How in the sweet hell, can you possibly deduce that from what transpired today?

If you think they got their asses handed to em, its no wonder some of you vote the way you do.........youre ability to parse information is painfully lacking

You cant possibly be serious. They have ABSOLUTELY been getting their asses handed to them. You cant be in this much denial, can you?
Witness after witness has implicated Trump. Those witnesses include Republicans, people appointed directly by Trump, career diplomats who have served the country for decades under both Dem and GOP presidents, and army veterans who have served the country for decades. The GOP's supposed star witness decided to start telling the truth and just DIRECTLY implicated Trump, and completely destroyed the defense he has been using in regards to Ukraine. If you dont think they have had their asses handed to them, youre either in extreme denial, or youre incredibly dumb and thoroughly incapable of understanding what is actually going on. There is no other option. Litetally nobody besides thoroughly ignorant and/or in-denial MAGA morons thinks that this has been anything other than an unmitigated disaster for Trump and the GOP. Get your empty head out of your a**.
And who cares if they asked questions about Hunter Biden? What does that matter, when no semi-intelligent person takes the Biden stuff even remotely seriously? You know, the dumb Biden conspiracy theory that has already been thoroughly debunked by the FBI, CIA, DoJ, and the previous Ukrainian regime? Asking questions about a dumb conspiracy theory that nobody else takes seriously doesnt equate to winning, chief. Sorry to burst your incredibly stupid bubble.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Objectively, Nunes is failing in an embarrassing way.
A steady stream of factual testimony damning to the President is followed by Nunes reading non-substance scripts that might have been written by Alex Jones.

It is not a good sign when the audience busts out in laughter.

After Nunes concluded his remarks, he yielded the floor to Schiff, D-Calif., as required by House procedure, but not before making a quick dig at his rival.

"I now yield to Mr. Schiff for 'Storytime Hour,'" the ranking member said.

Schiff smiled and deadpanned, "I thank the gentleman -- as always -- for his, uh, remarks," a comment met by loud laughter in the hearing room.

www.foxnews.com...

Meanwhile the GOP defense strategy is bleeding out.

Defense official testifies Ukraine was aware of issues with aid in July
thehill.com...

Sondland brings impeachment inquiry to White House doorstep
thehill.com...

Sondland refutes Trump: Clear quid pro quo
thehill.com...

edit on 20-11-2019 by Caractacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Lol. It’s a real fair fight to. Republicans can’t call witnesses, limited time limits, and all questions must be approved by Schiff. Want to see Dems look like fools? Let this go to the Senate. Not only will it be a fair fight....but the evidence that can then be introduced will be very eye opening.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

You were so not watching the same hearing I was or you're just into your 'willful ignorance' mode.

All in all - it was a GREAT day - for those who have cognitive skills that is.

Agree
Nothing from sondland that is evidence of a crime.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
At 10 mins in lenght, Tucker does a great summation of the events that transpired at the Partisan impeachment scam.

This helps put everything into perspective as well as show what soundbites emerged from what clips.

Great compare and contrast, this was an incredible segment by Tucker.

I encourage for all to watch.

edit on 20-11-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You know how I know this impeachment is going nowhere? Because both sides so easily claim victory. When that happens it means neither is moving forward all that much. We are in the same place we were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Tucker does a great summation of the events that transpired at the Partisan impeachment scam.

This helps put everything into perspective as well as show what soundbites emerged from what clips.

Tucker does a great summation. To put things in "perspective." Using soundbites, not what was actually said.

Maybe think for yourself. But Tucker says.

I encourage for all to watch.

Me too. The actual testimony. Not what "Tucker says."

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join