It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos show evidence of life on Mars, Ohio entomologist claims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

"There has been and still is life on Mars," Romoser said, noting that the images appear to show both fossilized and living creatures. "There is apparent diversity among the Martian insect-like fauna which display many features similar to Terran insects that are interpreted as advanced groups—for example, the presence of wings, wing flexion, agile gliding/flight, and variously structured leg elements."

Dr. Romoser, who specializes in arbovirology and general/medical entomology, has spent several years studying photographs from the red planet that are available on the Internet. He found numerous examples of insect-like forms, structured similarly to bees, as well as reptile-like forms, both as fossils and living creatures. He presented his findings Tuesday, Nov. 19, at the national meeting of the Entomological Society of America in St. Louis, Missouri.

phys.org, Nov. 19, 2019 - Photos show evidence of life on Mars, Ohio entomologist claims.

Not only fossils, which look an awful lot like rocks!, lol, but lizard-like life forms. He claims to have a series of pictures showing a bee-like thing diving at the ground!

This is not some dude in his mom's basement trolling the CT site of choice! A real, bug scientist, who stepped out and presented his findings (race to post, I have not downloaded the pic at the article).

I don't know about huge, bee-like creatures, all swooping, screeching, and diving about the rover [which was going about 100-mph with the top down!!], but count me in on microbes! And if there be bees, then we should be careful! It looks like bee country!

Especially want to hear from BlueShift who has shared years of interesting looking rocks with us...

Whadda ya think ATS?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Whadda ya think ATS?

Frankly.... I see rocks.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I hear you! The bug is fuzzy, looks like B&W, and could or could not be...

(I am trying like mad to upload the jpeg at the article... ATS doesn't want me to!)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So living rock like bugs?

I guess sometimes there aren't enough rocks.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Where in the article are pics of bugs or life on Mars as all I see are fuzzy pics of rocks.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Finally! The photo from the OP...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Fisherr

Finally! The photo from the OP...

He's claiming advanced insect like life on Mars based on that fuzzy pic that could be anything?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Um... Rocks and rocks....

Oh, and did I mention rocks?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Bees on Mars? Bet he read "The Martian Chronicles."

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Big intelligent locusts. I saw "Quartermass and the Pit." ("5 Million Years to Earth for US audiences)

Hell, I have much better images of possible bugs on Mars. They're not, but they look better than what that guy found.

He should be looking for shrimp. They're all over the place:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Good find S&F. It could be bugs. Looks like an ESA conference paper!

This is not the Sun, phys.org

It worries me there are no file names though. Anyone got some file ID's.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I call 'dementia'

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That top pic looks pretty good.

ID?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

There you are!

Compared to the "rodent-rock" one, that pic from OP is pretty bad. But hey, you always beat everyone to post these things (and track down better!) and it was early in the morning...

Maybe we no longer have to worry about the "insect apocalypse" as we can Mr Musk to go for a drive with Starman II and catch some off the windshield!

Add in the methane surge, now the oxygen mystery, and "possible" insect life still wandering around, I still get the feeling that Mars is more interesting than layered sediment from extinct lakes and CO2 ice caps!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

That top pic looks pretty good.

ID?

I don't know. Somewhere around. I kind of stopped keeping track. And my previous links seem to have changed. Somewhere around Sol 2250-2257. It's a transitional area with a lot of odd stuff in it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-11-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think the same thing as when someone else says something like this: where is the whole ecosystem that supports those specific animals?

PS: being a scientist doesn't mean he is right, some years ago there was someone (I think it was a scientist too) that pointed to a Mars photo as showing water. Later he noticed that the photo was showing an area that was not horizontal, so what he was seeing could not be a liquid, so he retracted his opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Any life will be below the surface because the surface is not in anyway life supporting.

Dig deeper!! And many of Mars's secrets will be discovered,

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

He actually said they live "in cliffs"!!

The whole scaling of things is always difficult with Rover images. "Am I seeing something the size of my thumb or is it really small, and the photo so enlarged that detail is blurred so now it looks like something"?

Then there is timing. A whole population, alive for millions of years, hanging out in the only area that can support life would make a mess! With no rain to wash frass away, I would imagine it would look like a bat cave with knee deep guano after a couple of decades. Although bees are tidy, a million years is still a long time!

And we all suffer pareidolia especially if it that is our area of interest (leads to confirmation bias).

Still a cool idea of Martian bees jumping off cliffs!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Martian cockroaches ………??????

EEEWW !!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Pareidolia
Plain and simple .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join