It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to all of the thread about Indigo Children?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
About 10 years back you could barely sneeze on a forum about conspiracies, the paranormal, or the supernatural without somebody jumping up at you and making some kind of pronouncement about "Indigo children".

They were either claiming to be one, were wondering if their child was one, or were pushing some view about how they were the next step in human evolution. That kind of stuff.

Now, you barely hear anything. What happened?

Was this just a fad that ran out of steam, something that people got bored with and moved on to something else, or did something actively change in the wider supernaturalparanormal community, or society in general, that did away with the whole idea?

Anecdotally, I notice that interest indigo children seemed to wain around the time that "millennials" became a thing in pop culture, as well as a rise in awareness of things like Asperger. And some of the traits associated with Millennialpeople with Asperger are similar to those for Indigo children. For example, Indigo children were supposed to be highly introverted and self-focused, as well as being unusually sensitive on certain topics, or unusually focused regarding certain things. Which does sound a lot like somebody with Asperger, but without all of the supernatural stuff.

It does at least seem plausible that Indigo children were really either poorly socialized snowflakes with overly attentive helicopter parents, or that they had Asperger at a time when paranormal conspiracies were rife and Asperger was poorly understood. Or a combination of the two.

What does everybody else think?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You forgot about the Crystal Children.

Here’s what happened, it backfired. The thought was that Indigo children were special. Well I think the millennials have shown us just that. But ‘special’ in the other sense of the word. Get my drift?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The fad ran it's course?

I miss the threads about the Black Eyed Kids more, those were at least entertaining.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Indigo kids was just a lame after raise for odd kid's like they were the chosen ones!
Some bird wrote book about in the early days internet when gullible people believed stuff like that including "The only planet of choice" and other similar rubbish 😂

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The fad ran it's course?

I miss the threads about the Black Eyed Kids more, those were at least entertaining.

I tended to find them as being too much like creepy pasta. A lot if them seemed made up or written for entertainment purposes. At least with the indigo children threads you had actual people who were sitting next to one when they were writing so you could get a proper question and answer going, rather than an anecdotal account of something that happened to somebody sometime.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They could have been our greatest generation.

Sadly, they are now graduating from college... indoctrinated and brain dead.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What happened during the 80's when it seemed children were being kidnapped left and right?

I remember the end of innocence as we began to walk in groups, parents were picking up and dropping off their kids instead of them being able to walk to and from school.

It still makes me cringe to this day to see a young child walking to school by themselves and yet the hysteria faded although I'm sure the missing rates have increased.

Why do you think that is?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Back in the 80s me and my brother always walked to and from school, but we all knew not to talk to strangers back then.

These days they sick weirdos reading our kids books are the library

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They grew up to be LGBDCFA or whatever the initials are. They're still special as they like to shout at everyone and tell them how special they are.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

One thing I think is that a lot of the energy that surrounded that idea was also part of the 2012 energy. That energy I think was part of a hope by many that there was still a way for mankind to move forward into a better time for all. Some magic shift in paradigm, some spiritual evolution. I think it was in a way an existential hope.

Though several years passed after the 2012 hope, we have now entered into another existential phenomena. Donald Trump.
He sucks up most of the energy of hope and fear and the existential crisis that was at the base of 2012 has now shifted to Trump.

More and more it is becoming clear to more and more people that our hold on a balanced existence on this planet is in jeopardy. And not just in jeopardy for this area of the globe, or that area, this region or that region but this time the entire world

And into these existential considerations enters Trump. Like a bull in a china shop tearing away at the walls of established practice he appears as a ''wrecking ball hero'' while to others he appears as mad man with a jack hammer, destroying dreams of a better future. All in the face of a time in human history unlike any before.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Some people were using it as a cash grab as in, "What you need to know about raising an indigo child. Buy our manuals and videos." And candles and charms and a variety of New Agey paraphernalia. The indigo child definition was broad enough, virtually every kid could be classified as an indigo. People eventually caught on, and the susceptible who went for it exhausted and the market dried up.

If you do a site search, you'll find some threads here about it. I have a vague recollection of having some discussions about it back then. Short synopsis on my take is that it was hooey. I'm sure not sorry it's no longer that much of a thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lol, I forgot all about "Indigo kids". That was a hippie-dippie fad that put Mommy's Weirdo Speshul Snowflake on a pedestal if ever there was one.

Imagine if it was an infomercial trope. "Hey, crunch-adhering parents of the hippy variety, do we have a proposal for you! Does Junior have odd interests and hobbies most kids his age don't even know exist? Have a way with people a bit beyond his years? Exhibit common sense most adults don't seem to grasp yet? Well, he's speshul! These Indigo children need recognized as imaginary mutant freaks of the acceptable variety, so call our 1-800 number now and we'll instruct you on how to look like a gullible idiot, completely free and with all the organic woo we can muster up!"
edit on 11/19/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Indigo Kids and Crystal Kids went the same way as the "Enlightened" bunch- back to the real world!
And guess what? Now they are known as "Progressives"

Everybody wants to believe that they are special and that their kids are special. Truth is none of us are all that special except in our own little universes in our minds! Titles are meaningless!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Indigo isn't the right color, so it is now considered a racist subject. Silver turns a person sort of bluish indigo and silver is an rich mans metal. So, one possible stupid explanation I have given.

I liked the info about the indigo children. I think the star children were almost the same thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

You most likely have hit it on the head.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There was no truth to it and so the fad wore off.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Indigo Kids and Crystal Kids went the same way as the "Enlightened" bunch- back to the real world!

THIS is the truth! Do you know how I know? 17 year ago, When my ex got pregnant, we were all into this 💩. We were told our children were ‘special’.

17 years later..... I buy into very little woo, “back to the real world”, as you put it.

The whole ‘spiritual’ movement took a massive blow back on December 22, 2012.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Now they figured out it's just autism from vaccines.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Now they figured out it's just autism from vaccines.

To be honest, a few of my more...unapologetically stupid friends who bought into this crap finally got a clue and figured out Junior wasn't really special, and there's a wide variety of personality types. And that focusing on & hyping a few key aspects of the kids' personality quirks and personal interests made a mountain out of what in the 80's & 90's would have been just a weird, but nice, kid molehill.

The wishful thinking for an extra-super-duper special kid was full hilt when mine were toddlers, lemme tell ya. The imaginary woo was strong on certain parenting forums.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Agreed. They creepy and fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join