It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orthodox vs Roman Catholic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt

Those were later add on’s . All experts agree both east and west ! Rome agrees , but wont show there one copy ! Wonder why ? Oh yeah Jesus was not god nor did he ever claim to be !

Just out of curiosity, can we assume that English is not your first language? You sound like you're babbling.

What proof do you have that anything is a "later add on"? Your sources aren't matching your statements.

Jesus is God and did claim to be. That's why both Jesus and Yahweh both used "I Am" statements and both claimed to be the "Alpha and Omega", the "First and the Last", as well as the "Beginning and the End". Go do some research on that.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Pauls theology places our salvation on Christs faith and James said it is mans faith that saves us ! Very different theories!

Once again, you're suffering from some kind of translation and interpretation error on that one.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Those were later add on’s . All experts agree both east and west ! Rome agrees , but wont show there one copy ! Wonder why ? Oh yeah Jesus was not god nor did he ever claim to be !

Just out of curiosity, can we assume that English is not your first language? You sound like you're babbling.

What proof do you have that anything is a "later add on"? Your sources aren't matching your statements.

Jesus is God and did claim to be. That's why both Jesus and Yahweh both used "I Am" statements and both claimed to be the "Alpha and Omega", the "First and the Last", as well as the "Beginning and the End". Go do some research on that.
Im a Dogon tribe member lol ! Your great ! Answer my question ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Pauls theology places our salvation on Christs faith and James said it is mans faith that saves us ! Very different theories!

Once again, you're suffering from some kind of translation and interpretation error on that one.
Im glad your opinion breaks with theology taught on earth ! When you live in a box with a door that says “ Do not Enter under punishment of hell and Satan “ its hard to communicate with that ! Go ahead and open the door ! The truth of Christ is there !

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Answer my question ?

What question? Some rambling about a document that Rome has one copy of that they won't allow anyone to see? You believe you have some kind of authority or insight on that? LOL!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Im glad your opinion breaks with theology taught on earth ! When you live in a box with a door that says “ Do not Enter under punishment of hell and Satan “ its hard to communicate with that ! Go ahead and open the door ! The truth of Christ is there !

What does any of that have to do with what Paul and James taught? Pick a verse from Paul that you struggle with and I'll explain it to you since it's clear you don't understand his language.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Im a Dogon tribe member lol ! Your great ! Answer my question ?
Yeah they who wrote it claimed it ! Lol arguing faith and religion is pointless as long as your views are through stained glass ! Ill see you in church when the windows are clean!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It was 30 days ! Historians agree

please supply a link to this, as i cant find it anywhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: joelr

ooohhhh, you gonna get in trouble bring up the henotheistic past of the hebrews!

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Versus what? Christianity is all about having a personal relationship with God/Jesus. The Bible is a guide for teaching us how to develop that relationship, so I'm not sure what that has to do with viewing anything through stained glass. I'm sure you believe that developing a relationship with God happens all on your own terms, huh?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

What does any of that have to do with what Paul and James taught? Pick a verse from Paul that you struggle with and I'll explain it to you since it's clear you don't understand his language.
Theology in every school on earth understands as well as non christian historians agree that James and Paul understood Christ in very different faculties in regards to work vs faith ! I will not entertain your wants as they hold zero water in the books of our church fathers or the states they lived in . Eusebius under Constantine had more to say than any one eurasian rambler that was assembled under a one month order to get their poop together or parish ! Those first 50 bibles were only allowed if they did not upset the Jewish interest charging banking ( Rome nor Muslims or Christians charged interest) league that feed the Roman armies ! Constantine after Christianity was allowed to exist spent many yrs as a pagan and only converted on his dying bed ! The Vatican still has a huge bust of Jupiter God or Zeus for my greek fans ? Why is that ! Jesus would not understand one aspect of modern theology or Christianity anywhere accept for those who understand the hermetic traditions and jewish mysticism ! No mystery school has asked for blood of non believers ! How many Christs types have we had ? Read Athanasius ! Or Maximus the Confessor ! Hell ! even Aquinas mentions the problem of works and faith ? Works was always the way until Paul ! Paul made Jesus the all doer and man was expected to accept all forms of abuse , because of of Christs suffering and the egregore faith preceding works is your only hope ! Come on man ! What books do you read besides The Way and dispensationalism rhetoric ! Whats next ? Let me guess your an eschatologist as well ! I bet some men they could not guess a riddle at my wedding ! The prize was great , but there is no way they could guess it ! How wrong I was ! My wife told them my secret riddle answer without my knowledge. I did not have all the riches I said would be paid to the riddles answerer . No problem I cried out to Yehweh and he delivered me to a small community near me and gave me his blessing to kill them all so I could take their belongings to pay a debt that I had made on a bet ! LMAO ! May honey grow in your rib cage after death as did it in the slewn lion ! ps you can mail a check to any food shelter for my free teaching ! Try again ? I like you ! Still waiting for a diatribe on my original thread question ! Your my only hope OT-wan
edit on 20-11-2019 by SulfurMercurySalt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Theology in every school on earth understands as well as non christian historians agree that James and Paul understood Christ in very different faculties in regards to work vs faith !

I'm not buying it.

More recent careful study of James shows that his understanding of the relationship between faith and works is not in opposition to Paul’s, but simply focuses on a different aspect of the believer’s life. Both men’s approaches, in fact, are firmly grounded in examples drawn from the Hebrew Scriptures.

www.vision.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Still waiting for a diatribe on my original thread question !

I've already answered your original questions about Mary and how free will works, so once again, you need to be more specific if you're asking something else that I missed in your rambling.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Still waiting for a diatribe on my original thread question !

I've already answered your original questions about Mary and how free will works, so once again, you need to be more specific if you're asking something else that I missed in your rambling.
Why do the the church fathers not get the same immaculate treatment the west gives mary and the east denies in mary ! Yet both churches accept the bible as infallible! How did that happen if God did not strip the authors and assemblers of the canons ? Christ ! already

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Theology in every school on earth understands as well as non christian historians agree that James and Paul understood Christ in very different faculties in regards to work vs faith !

I'm not buying it.

More recent careful study of James shows that his understanding of the relationship between faith and works is not in opposition to Paul’s, but simply focuses on a different aspect of the believer’s life. Both men’s approaches, in fact, are firmly grounded in examples drawn from the Hebrew Scriptures.

www.vision.org...

You do nt need to ! But you better buy what your Bible tells you or to hell you will be going ! Sad stuff man ! You were born free !

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm not buying it.

www.vision.org...

You do nt need to ! But you better buy what your Bible tells you or to hell you will be going ! Sad stuff man ! You were born free !
You cant be serious ! Peter Nathan in your eyes tears apart known theology that has been accepted by the best scholars then and now ! You explained enough by linking Peter Nathan as having authority ! Wow ! Ok then ! Im no longer answering you ! Enjoy your evening ! Make sure your Faith is true , because you may burn forever ! Or miss the boat and burn up your Light on a death cult like Yehweh or Jesus ! They are the same right ? Lmao

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Why do the the church fathers not get the same immaculate treatment the west gives mary and the east denies in mary ! Yet both churches accept the bible as infallible!

There's nothing special about any of them outside of their roles as messengers for Jesus Christ. The Catholic church puts too much emphasis on Mary and saints that are close to idol worship in my opinion. Churches accept the Bible as being inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has inspired many people, including prophets throughout the entire Bible. I don't know why any church would place any of them in special order or recognition. The message is about Jesus and the works that he is capable of performing THROUGH us, including the inspiration for the Bible.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Here's what I know from experience. My life sucks when I dictate to God how I think my life should go and what role he should play in it. On the other hand, my life experiences exceed my expectations when I work on building my relationship with God first, incorporate his teachings, and trust him as Lord and Savior over my life and decisions. What can I say? It works and I can't remember the last time that God didn't answer one of my prayers.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
It was 30 days ! Historians agree

please supply a link to this, as i cant find it anywhere. May 20 325 to June 19 325 is how many days ? Ate you for real ! No one theologian disputes these dates ! You as well can donate money to a food pantry instead of paying me for your education tonight ! Come on ! Enter the human race man ! If you dont know these things ! Why are you weighing in ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Here's what I know from experience. My life sucks when I dictate to God how I think my life should go and what role he should play in it. On the other hand, my life experiences exceed my expectations when I work on building my relationship with God first, incorporate his teachings, and trust him as Lord and Savior over my life and decisions. What can I say? It works and I can't remember the last time that God didn't answer one of my prayers.
May you find the host of host Many eyed many winged Ancient of days ! Jesus was a man like us ! He learned in the east like all before and after him ! Christianity is a eastern 3 side box religion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join