It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is wrong with the moon TONIGHT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

1st i would like to say that i have witnessed several strange phenomenon in the skies above Sebastian Florida in the last year. i moved here from N.W. Pa. last year. The last time I got online I discovered several people had posted comments on a UFO site because of the way the moon "moved" and part of it disappeared only to return minutes later (clear nite) as i was camping on the Atlantic Ocean back in ?July. By the way.. for those of you with sarcastic and rude comments.. thats a sure way to make sure newcomers dont return & this site can be ALLL YOURS "Cletus". SMH. Anyway, this was part of my point lastnight. the sun set ... & the moon was fairly low in the East. Myself & a friend walked to the field with the dog and simultaneously responded on the site of the moon. The top 1/3 was as if a level was used to take it away.. with the left & right missing small rectangular sections. Like a head with a bowl cut & sideburns being the darkened or missing part. Both of us tried to photogragh it with a long blurr showing up every time. I have 20+ other photos of the moon. My last one in view with a SpaceX satellite bright as can be in the photo. I have a photo also of strange shadows as if 4 flashlights were being shone IN FRONT OF a cloud but unable to determine where the light source was coming from. I dont appreciate being made fun of when i came here to find an answer. I probably shouldnt have returned tonight! But needed to clarify.. Im not the 9-5 working parent too busy to ever look up. I now live full time in my RV and have a campfire 5-6 times a week stargazing, moon watching, and keeping eyes on the sky for any OTHER thing that may be up there. So... if anyone can send me to an official website that would explain why the bottom of the moon was lit lastnite when the sun set just hours earlier on the opposite side of the earth.. I would appreciate that.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TBarr

The Moon entered it's 3rd quarter on the 19th Nov. It currently appears as a half moon, rising around midnight at 74 degree ENE - ahead of the sun which illuminates it's lower half.

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I seem to remember an old and very long thread on here about the Moon being upside down?

That was pants too.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I think you are right.

Thanks to songs that declare the "sun in the morning and moon at night", and Biblical accounts of the belief that the luminary that rules the day is the sun, and the one that rules the night is the moon, it makes the frequent observation of the moon during the day seem wrong or at least odd.

I guess the question is, why do so many people not know that the moon is visible almost every day, except for when it is close to a new moon or a full moon? or why isn't it thought of as odd to see the moon at night?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I guess you guys are ever present on my mind.

Was just out playing with my critters. Went off following Goliath into a copse of trees. When I came out I was looking into the western sky, and sitting where the sun will be about noon, was sitting this tiny silver of the moon.

You guys were the first thing I thought about on seeing it, the barely present moon.

edit on 21-11-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: OCD

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

precisely. top LEFT to bottom RIGHT. Ill explain again.. this nite.. it was if a level was taken, a perfectly straight & level line was cut with the TOP dark and on either side very small rectangular pieces ajoining the top... also dark. Like a bowl haircut with sideburns is the only way i can explain it without the camera working. I was with a friend who also simultaneously said.. WHATS WITH THE MOON! As i also explained, I am a full-time RVer and have been a camper my entire life. I have NEVER witnessed anything like this. Seeings how nobody has a rational explanation... I'll chalk it up to another unexplained thing in the Florida sky since Ive been here. Yet the 1st one that wouldnt photogragh. Thanks for your help. I was hoping to hear there was some once in a 200 year phenomenon that night. My star atlas shows a normal moon with the right in the dark... not top right. simply the right. So i will continue to look for the website where I & other people posted the last moon looking strange back in July this year. Thank You for your comments.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Moon phase charts generally show a generic image of the Moon, unrelated to your location. Here is a (free) astronomy program which shows the actual orientation of the Moon (and everything else in the sky) for any location and time. When you zoom in on the Moon you will see that what you describe seeing is as it should be. It is quite normal for this time of year.

stellarium.org...

A handy feature is the ability to display the line of the ecliptic. Doing so helps to understand what you are seeing, if you understand that the ecliptic represents path of the Sun across the sky. This means that when the ecliptic is close to perpendicular to the horizon, the Moon's terminator will be close to horizontal.

Tomorrow morning, at Moonrise, you will see what is sometimes called a Cheshire Moon.
www.farmersalmanac.com...

So i will continue to look for the website where I & other people posted the last moon looking strange back in July this year.
Yes, better to hang out with those who also don't understand how the Moon is illuminated instead with those who might teach you something.

edit on 11/21/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

ok. so i got on your link. it CERTAINLY didnt look like that but i cannot get that site to go BACK to the 19th with all of their great information with the degrees and such. If you are able to figure out how to get that exact page (with the degrees etc) for the 19th, could you pleease post that? This was dark perfectly across the top, sitting fairly low (just above treeline) matter of fact we had to go back up to the field to look a second and thirs time due to the trees blocking the view at about 11:30pm in Sebastian Florida.
I cant seem to get it to go back to the 19th with all of that exact info im looking for. THANK U! even this day shows it was way off!

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Youre not CherubBaby returned by any chance?

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Yes, depending on the season.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Because you can make out the whole sphere during the day it appears to be full. It was actually waxing when you saw it and the real full moon will be tomorrow night.
Then the moon will rise just as the sun sets below the horizon. The night after it will be an hour later and not nearly as impressive.
Go to a good open area where you can see both horizons. I like the beach because on the east coast the sun sets behind me while the moon comes up over the ocean.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

All seasons. Right to left. Left to right would mean that the moon was orbiting backwards.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh this is just so precious!

Person sees something they think is unexplainable.

Person asks for explanation.

Person gets explanation.

Person rejects explanation because what they really wanted was for people to agree it was unexplainable.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I remember my first lsd trip.... good times

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join