It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is wrong with the moon TONIGHT!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I moon over mars...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

There's two of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TBarr

Not even seeing the moon here in Rhode Island tonight. Anyway, hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your negativism failed to reach escape velocity...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage Dude you sound like one of those trite government explanations,use a theory to promote another theory,if you were knowledgeable at all you would further research something other then science magazines at a Drs office,that is the problem factual evidence is folly to mainstream,because it doesn't fit your agenda,don't be so 1 sided do a little research other the readers digest

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
oh joy - another of " these threads "

so once again cletus has staggered outside - observed the moon - and decided its " wrong "

meanwhile ameteur and proffesional astronomers in thier thousands - observe the moon every night - and know its exactly where it should be - and in the orrientation // phase that it should be

not to mention - the proffesionals are tracking the moons distance to mm precision -

but hey - hail cletus - for he has seen teh troof

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Have you tried throwing rocks at it? It might suddenly behave itself!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Back in the early 70s I was introduced to a study form that was supposed to determine if a person had symptoms of mental impairment.

One of the questions was, "Have you ever seen the moon in the day time?"

This freaked me out, since I had seen the moon in the day time quite frequently. They were never able to answer my question when I asked why that question was included.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
May I ask what would cause the moon to be seen in mid afternoon high in the sky? I remember seeing this when I was a kid one day at recess.

FYI: Here in Michigan...we often have both moon and sun in in the sky same time...either Moonset/Sunrise, or Sunrise/Moonset.

Both in daytime sky.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Phage has done a good job of explaining, as best someone can without diagrams. I'm just here to back it up by saying, yes, I've seen the "wet moon" many times.

I don't know why your camera isn't working right, but woukd guess lighting conditions or ambient vs lens temp & humidity causing fogging of the lens.

If you can find a good accurate model (online or physical) where you can render the actual positions/angles and lighting, you'll see how it works.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've been here all told for eleven years and I still do that. LOL.

Cant wait to find out what was wrong with the moon.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Come on... when the moon is waning it always darkens from the top left to the bottom right.
Every single month.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Well, if you follow various mythologies, most all of them have the moon (Luna) represented by a female. Lunar calendars follow a 13 month cycle because you just can’t contain that much seething emotional swings into a 12 month year. The world may become less discordant if we followed the wisdom of the ancients and eased back into 13 month cycle once again. Because who honestly cares about our relatively correct location throughout the year when there is no peace from other arguments?

Kinda puts the whole two women and the cat thing in perspective.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Some form of right to left anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Back in the early 70s I was introduced to a study form that was supposed to determine if a person had symptoms of mental impairment.

One of the questions was, "Have you ever seen the moon in the day time?"

This freaked me out, since I had seen the moon in the day time quite frequently. They were never able to answer my question when I asked why that question was included.

I've seen that question on a business "personality test!" I think if you answer no, it doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with you, but maybe that you process in a very simplistic manner.

Children think "sun = day, moon = night." Maybe the vestigial memory of that question is why I've always pointed out daytine moons to the kids and now they do themselves. It always bothered me that I had a teacher tell me you can't actually "see" the part of the moon that is in shadow (as if its invisible) - that and the whole cheese thing underscored the importance of emsuring my kids understood how the solar system worked.

Maybe the childhood fascination with the moon and garbage answers so many give their kids are why so many struggle with understanding. Kids trust their parents knowledge and a lot of people steer them wrong when it comes to the moon.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yup and it "empties" like a cup full of liquid. From the top to the bottom.
In this case from top left to bottom right from our vantage point on earth.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The full moon will never share the sky with the sun but as the moon grows smaller towards new moon it raises later and later until eventually late is very early and you see the moon during the day. It will only ever be a partial moon however.
In wicca we say the proud lady will not share the sky when she is full. But will lean on her mate when she is small and vulnerable and share the sky with the sun.
Anyway its normal and happens every month. Plan on looking and you will see.
Most people just ignore the moon. Or see it when its full and near the horizon looking all awesome and stuff. LOL.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I am a stargazer/moon watcher.

The opening post seems to contradict that statement.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Perhaps you have been mooned by Nathan Mandellla ?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Since there are many on this thread who seem to know a lot about the moon... Today I was driving to work in Northern GA at 8am and saw the moon - full. Looked straight ahead / up at about “1:00” to me, in the sky. I admit I don’t pay attention to when the moon is in what phase so I just thought it was pretty cool when / that I could see the full moon clearly in the sky at that time. The sky wasn’t clear but didn’t appear cloudy. And it looked like what I would have thought was the moon. But if the full moon and sun can’t be in the sky at the same time, I’m confused. Especially now that I’m reading the moon isn’t in the full phase. So what was I seeing? The sun behind heavier cloud cover than it appeared so that it looked like the moon? If so that’s wild bc It really looked like the moon. Please know, I’m just curious as to how this happened? I didn’t take a picture because I didn’t think it was anything unusual and I’m still not saying that. I’m just trying to figure out how I saw a full moon at 8AM if it’s not time for the full moon and/or, according to a poster above, you don’t ever see a full moon and the sun at the same time?
edit on 19-11-2019 by nicevillegrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join