It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't see ad banners...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Not that I'm complaining, but on the opening page, I can't see the advertising banner. In the place of where the ad should be, it says, "this page cannot be displayed." Normally this would be a bonus, but it happens on other forums I visit and when I want to back out of a page, I have to always click twice for some reason. It's a minor annoyance, but Id love to figure out what is cancelling out those ads and causing me the extra clickage. I do see the ads in this forum....just not on the front page. Any ideas?

fixx

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Give us your email address and we will send you HEAPS of advertisements

Some people don't know how lucky they are

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Gosh, i didn't see that coming. It's not the ads I want, it's the ability to back out of a page with one click rather than two. Catch my drift?

fixx

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Are you viewing it from a school or somewhere like that that has certain restrictions? I had the same problem in school, it is more of a nuisance than the ads themselves........

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
No, this is my machine at home. The one at work works splendidly. I have a version of Win XP that cannot be upgraded or updated. Ocassionaly I get a promt that asks me to DL Java Virtual Machine but when I try to DL it nothing happens. I get the sense that the two may be related but I really have no idea. Is there some kind of internet thingamabob that must be up to date in order for the ads to be displayed?

fixx

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixx
No, this is my machine at home. The one at work works splendidly. I have a version of Win XP that cannot be upgraded or updated. Ocassionaly I get a promt that asks me to DL Java Virtual Machine but when I try to DL it nothing happens. I get the sense that the two may be related but I really have no idea. Is there some kind of internet thingamabob that must be up to date in order for the ads to be displayed?

fixx

Well, I'm not sure cos I don't use Win XP, I use trusty old 98 (
), but have you tried visiting the official Microsoft Internet Explorer webpage? They might have what you need in the downloads section....

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I have visited the Microsoft DL site and there is plenty there for me to DL. My problem is this is somewhat of a trial version of XP and they will not allow me to upgrade/update it. Was hoping there might be an easier quick solution...change a setting or something like that.

fixx

top topics

join