It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will people still go out for Black Friday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenRay
The electronics especially is manufactured more cheaply to sell at a cheaper price.

Are you seriously suggesting that Vizio has a special manufacturing run for each of their models just for the big black Friday sales, that are more cheaply made than the ones manufactured during other times of the year?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

My experiences with Black Friday have never included being trampled. Nor shot at, or even witnessed a fight or anything of that nature. That particular Wal-mart must have been an aberration.

Where are you guys shopping at?

I've lived in some rural places and, and suburbs have seen a lot of brawls. Many times between women.
Kohls toy section was one of the worst. I even had someone try to take the cart I was holding onto one year.
That is the whole reason I don't even want to deal with it anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think it all started in Boston, at Filene's Basement at the now Downtown Crossing.

A few days before Christmas, the management would throw thousands of bras, panties, socks, robes, pajamas etc.. in big tables in the middle of the store, all labeled from 50 cents to a buck.

The mayhem was extraordinary, as articles would have 2 to 3 people pulling on them (mostly women) and swearing at each other. Fist fights would break out.

Some of the smart on-lookers were undoubtedly the major retailers of today, who must have said to themselves...."Holy #, we can do this with all merchandise, put it in the papers and eventually online, and make a fortune!

So now, after we destroyed Christmas, then Thanksgiving and now even Halloween.... we can call it Black Fall.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
F#, I know I already said earlier that beyond dropping off rent & regular grocery shopping that we wouldn't be going anywhere else, but it dawned on me we'll probably have to swing by Costco, and not just the gas pump. It was already a madhouse in there at 10am last week when we went in for a few things, and the uptick in business was very noticeable even at opening. I imagine Black Friday is going to SUCK in there.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My wife and her mom go every year. Not sure why. I wanted to go with my wife this year but there wouldn't be anyone to watch our 3 year old and I'm definitely not taking him. I figured if anything ever broke out like a shooting and I couldn't stop it before I got her to safety, I could at least get in the way of the bullet(s) and let her get away.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Feels worse? Great...

My mom did the Black Friday thing once. ONCE. It was in the early 80's and I don't know what store she went to, but she grabbed the last Cabbage Patch Kid for my sister and some woman walked up to her and tried to yank it away from her. My mom won that battle, my sister got her Cabbage Patch and I got my Castle Grayskull for Christmas out of that trip.

Fun fact: Castle Grayskull - brand new - in the 80's was probably $40 bucks. To buy the same one brand new now, you'd pay $1,649.00.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have said this for a few years now...

All it takes is a coordinated attack on 5 malls in LA on Black Friday morning....

The effect would ripple across the country effectively shutting down Black Friday, causing a economic hit that a lot of retailers would find devastating.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Edumakated

As far as I am concerned, participating in Black Friday should be grounds to forfeit your right to vote, right to have children, etc. We can't have these people continuing to deplete the gene pool..

You know 15ish years ago it was actually ok. It was a few selected specials and the kick off of the holiday shopping season. Most people were in a happy mood and it was a little fun.
It has completely morphed into something unrecognizable.

I know. I remember going when I was a kid like 30+ years ago. It was no where as crazy as it is now. I mean I remember a few fights back in the day over Tickle Me Elmo and Cabbage Patch Kids, but I don't recall people getting trampled, fights over parking spaces, etc. I don't even recall it being all that crowded. We had to get the mall a little earlier, but it wasn't anything like camping out at 6am and all that madness that goes on now.

I stay far away from malls now on Black Friday. In fact, we actually prefer to travel on Black Friday as the airport isn't crowded.

Kinda like the opening scene of Krampus.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Black Friday we put up our tree, decorate the house, drink lots of eggnog and schnapps.

Must be nice. My wife had the tree up the weekend after Halloween.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't know man. I got a tv for Christmas about 5 years ago, 55" Vizio smart tv with WiFi, HD, all that other crap. It was purchased on Black Friday and it's still going strong. Bought a 70" Samsung at regular price a couple of years later so I could move the 55" to the bedroom and the Samsung's picture went out within a year. I replaced it with another Vizio and all is still good.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nothing wrong with that... My oldest son turned 17 this year and our favorite thing to do is watch college football all Saturday and College Football Final at midnight or 1 am and go through a few pots of coffee. I only get him and his brothers every other weekend though so that's about the only tradition we can muster up.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

They call it Black Friday for a reason.

They call it Black Friday you know why? stores are trying to get rid of their unsold products/items for a cheaper price.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I need all of your thots and preyerz. I started working at Walmart this year, and I will be there on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. We probably got in 100 pallets of merchandise for the event already.

Last time I heard "thot" it was being explained to me by a coworker's 13 year old son that it means "that hoe over there". Lol.

But I feel for you, especially if Wally World only has 5 of their 80 lanes open.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Nah, in that scenario, we open the door for ourselves and hold it as the next person walks though, letting it go so they can hold it for the next person.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My cousin's wife is all into it. She plans her strategy for days and everything and has her shopping all done by noon. It's like a pride thing with her.

I don't get it and I don't like people that much.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't get it and I don't like people that much.

Online shopping was made for us!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Have not shopped Black Friday for over a decade. After you have done it once for me at least it loses its splendor. Me and my wife have everything we want or need. My wife will be shopping online thou Black Friday and cyber Monday etc. she likes doing that, but going out to stores lol. Keep an eye on YouTube for the savages fighting over TV’s in Walmart, or whatever other store etc. it’s despicable society these days.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
About the only thing that could possibly pull Republicans and Democrats together and create actual harmony on earth is a Black Friday Sale!

So yes....deals for the famdamily will continue at any...and all costs...

Thank God for these few hours in which creates all people equal ...minus your position in liine....

Ha ha..

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

In Walla Walla, Washington.

It's one of the "super" Wal-marts. It services a rather large portion of SE Washington, and NE Oregon. The nearest other Walmart is the better part of an hour away, or so, I think?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Personally, I'm more concerned about Black Eye Friday.....the one night of the year I absolutely HATE being in the pub!

Speaking of which, that's where I'm going now!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join