It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will people still go out for Black Friday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
My entire family has been going out for black friday the last few years.

Not to actually buy anything, just for the carnage.

It's more of our annual "purge" event. We get all decked out and just live for the opening door chaos. It's literally free reign out there. Running around, stomping over people, bashing someone in the face for a 20 dollar toy made in china. It's awesome.

We have a point system and we sit around the house and tally up the scores at the end of the day.

What? ROTFL!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: MisterSpock
My entire family has been going out for black friday the last few years.

Not to actually buy anything, just for the carnage.

It's more of our annual "purge" event. We get all decked out and just live for the opening door chaos. It's literally free reign out there. Running around, stomping over people, bashing someone in the face for a 20 dollar toy made in china. It's awesome.

We have a point system and we sit around the house and tally up the scores at the end of the day.

What? ROTFL!
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel. I like watching people fight over $10 toasters.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
double post
edit on 19-11-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I like watching people fight over $10 toasters.

So, you'll be going out on Black Friday.

Strictly as an observer, of course.

edit on 11/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Bunch of idiots buying cheap chinese crap that will be at goodwill in 6 weeks. Meantime, china will have enough money to build more stealth bombers.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

More?

How many do they have already?

But we'll be making a ton of money off the tariffs. Right?

edit on 11/19/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Most people arent affected by it. Im sure you'll see the numbers drop in areas where that kind of thing has happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I just read an article about China's new stealth bombers. Pretty crazy stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is how the terrorists win.
Keep everyone inside and afraid.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here....nationalinterest.org...

And tarriffs havent seemed to hurt the economy have they? You got figures of tarriffs doing damage?

a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The terrorists are the thugs raiding walmart. Peeps aint afrsid...they dont want cooties from the trailer park gang.

a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I need all of your thots and preyerz. I started working at Walmart this year, and I will be there on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. We probably got in 100 pallets of merchandise for the event already.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I need all of your thots and preyerz. I started working at Walmart this year, and I will be there on Thanksgiving and Black Friday. We probably got in 100 pallets of merchandise for the event already.

I have seriously always wondered how the employees felt on BF.

You will have to report back and tell us the crazy stuff you saw. I always try to go out of my way to be kind to workers during the holidays. I've seen so many people get so rude and crazy.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: wantsome

I like watching people fight over $10 toasters.

So, you'll be going out on Black Friday.

Strictly as an observer, of course.

I'm gonna be broke on black Friday but I might go with my cousin. If I had money I'd probably participate in the mayhem. I'm not above snatching something out of someones cart if they have 20 of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've never witnessed any crazy black Friday behavior. But then again these incidents all seem to occur in urban areas. Shocking amirite?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I've never witnessed any crazy black Friday behavior. But then again these incidents all seem to occur in urban areas. Shocking amirite?
Yup pretty much all us godless heathens like our cheap junk. What do you guys do out there in the sticks take turns holding the door for each other? Where I'm from the weak are killed and eaten.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I have seriously always wondered how the employees felt on BF.

You will have to report back and tell us the crazy stuff you saw. I always try to go out of my way to be kind to workers during the holidays. I've seen so many people get so rude and crazy.

I'll miss most of the madness. I work 6am-3pm every day, and "black Friday" starts at 6pm on Thursday. I'll mostly just be setting up and guarding the merchandise displays.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The last couple of years I've been out and about on Black Friday the crowds have been light, even in what you might thing would be the busiest places, like malls and big box appliance stores. The whole concept has become diffuse, with more retailers offering Black Friday deals the whole weekend, and with people shopping online.

It just ain't a big deal like it used to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The joys of holiday retail.

Been there, done that. Good luck, and wear good shoes!!

My experiences with Black Friday have never included being trampled. Nor shot at, or even witnessed a fight or anything of that nature. That particular Wal-mart must have been an aberration.

Certainly smaller shops rarely have issues, and many will offer great deals on specialty items. Black Friday can be a make it, or break it, day for many smaller shops. Those shops are usually where I do my shopping during the holidays. Antique shops, little hole in the wall book sellers, places of that sort. It's fun. I meet good folks just out trying to save a little money, or find something a bit different.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I couldn't be caught standing in line on black friday. That's a serious materialism low. I might as well just get on my knee's and pray to these corporations who so graciously blessed us with a holiday in which we can throw our money at them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join