It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will people still go out for Black Friday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Let's face it, there are some cra cra people out there.

Every week there seems to be a Walmart shooting. I've heard things for years that stuff will happen on Black Friday.

I really don't do black friday any more. Most of the things are available online cheaper/easier.

Yet, there seems to still be a lot of people that love to go out that night/morning.

There is just something about
it that makes me uneasy. Am I the only one? I truly feel like a sitting duck. I felt that way years and years ago.
Now it is even worse.

www.reviews.org...

All of the reported Black Friday incidents included were covered by the press and involved the police.

Basically, we took high violent crime rates, perceived interest in Black Friday deals, and previous Black Friday problems to find out which states may live in the deal danger zone and end up on Santa’s naughty list

edit on 18-11-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They call it Black Friday for a reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker

They call it Black Friday for a reason.

Maybe they should call it "dead Friday".

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not really afraid of shooters, but by definition ANYONE who goes out on Black Friday is cra cra. I would not subject myself to that for any reason at all, I don't care how good the "deals" are.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
CRA CRA!

edit on 18-11-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Why’s, they are too cool for Y’s.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Probably more than the amount of people that went out for White Night.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree, I try not to leave my house that day at all. Too much stupid is spilled out there and idiots are getting it all over themselves.

The only black Friday shopping I do is online.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The sane way to do it...

Let's take for example Walmart and this year.

The exact same deals that will be waiting for the zombies at the door in the morning of the 28th of November will be available to anyone with a brain and an internet connection at 10pm the 27th online.

Pick your goodies, prepay that night.

The 28th, stroll in in the afternoon, pick up your stuff and go home.

Easy-Peasy.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

It's called black Friday because that's when a lot of retailers go from red to black, which means on the plus side.

The savvy consumer knows that retailers plan long in advance for Black Friday. The electronics especially is manufactured more cheaply to sell at a cheaper price. The consumer isn't winning getting a "good deal", just a cheap piece of crap that'll break in a couple of years. Good deals can be found online long before black Friday. Look for quality products with good reviews and good brands that have a reputation for quality. Paying a little extra is worth it in the long run.

In the end it's all just things. I've learned a long time ago not to put too much importance on things. Like to keep the place clean. Don't need to go out and buy cheap crap I don't need.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not really afraid of shooters, but by definition ANYONE who goes out on Black Friday is cra cra. I would not subject myself to that for any reason at all, I don't care how good the "deals" are.

Black Friday is always a mess, but this year just feels worse somehow.
I just don't want to deal with any of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Let's face it, there are some cra cra people out there.

Every week there seems to be a Walmart shooting. I've heard things for years that stuff will happen on Black Friday.

I really don't do black friday any more. Most of the things are available online cheaper/easier.

Yet, there seems to still be a lot of people that love to go out that night/morning.

There is just something about
it that makes me uneasy. Am I the only one? I truly feel like a sitting duck. I felt that way years and years ago.
Now it is even worse.

www.reviews.org...

All of the reported Black Friday incidents included were covered by the press and involved the police.

Basically, we took high violent crime rates, perceived interest in Black Friday deals, and previous Black Friday problems to find out which states may live in the deal danger zone and end up on Santa’s naughty list

As far as I am concerned, participating in Black Friday should be grounds to forfeit your right to vote, right to have children, etc. We can't have these people continuing to deplete the gene pool..

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

As far as I am concerned, participating in Black Friday should be grounds to forfeit your right to vote, right to have children, etc. We can't have these people continuing to deplete the gene pool..

You know 15ish years ago it was actually ok. It was a few selected specials and the kick off of the holiday shopping season. Most people were in a happy mood and it was a little fun.
It has completely morphed into something unrecognizable.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

You know 15ish years ago it was actually ok. It was a few selected specials and the kick off of the holiday shopping season. Most people were in a happy mood and it was a little fun.
It has completely morphed into something unrecognizable.

I know. I remember going when I was a kid like 30+ years ago. It was no where as crazy as it is now. I mean I remember a few fights back in the day over Tickle Me Elmo and Cabbage Patch Kids, but I don't recall people getting trampled, fights over parking spaces, etc. I don't even recall it being all that crowded. We had to get the mall a little earlier, but it wasn't anything like camping out at 6am and all that madness that goes on now.

I stay far away from malls now on Black Friday. In fact, we actually prefer to travel on Black Friday as the airport isn't crowded.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

we actually prefer to travel on Black Friday as the airport isn't crowded.

That is actually pretty brilliant!
F the crowds, let's go to the beach

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

we actually prefer to travel on Black Friday as the airport isn't crowded.

That is actually pretty brilliant!
F the crowds, let's go to the beach

I know some people will think we are lame, but we actually don't care for football. Wife and I will usually go to very hard to get into restaurants on Super Bowl Sunday... been doing it for years. Restaurants that normally are booked two or three months out usually will have a table for two on Super Bowl Sunday.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Or simply cheaper in the week(s) before.

This isn't the MudPit ... so I probably can't get away from naming those fools by party.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

Or simply cheaper in the week(s) before.

This isn't the MudPit ... so I probably can't get away from naming those fools by party.

Stuff is actually cheaper afterwards... heck, best deals are day AFTER Christmas....

(post by carewemust removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I take my daughter black Friday shopping every year. A nice tradition.
Get up early and have some fun, get a nice breakfast and head home for a nap..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join