It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first letter on why calling out sources and defending the msm is horrible

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I think someone needs a milk and cookie break.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Grambler

I am getting to the point where I think any type of "news"
should be considered only worthy of thought until proven
true.

Where do you get the information to prove the "news" is true or false? All platforms, cyber, mainstream, alternative, etc. all have an agenda.

People believe what they wanna believe, regardless of truth or lies. Information is a "product" just like Depends, maxipads and Bourbon whisky. Marketed and manufactured by experts with buildings full of computer running the numbers to determine what is hot and what is not.
It's capitalism and the American marketplace with profit as it's God. Bread and circus at it's most obscene. There's also a negative side.
edit on 19-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have to say, Im disappointed no one questioned my title.

What does "first letter" mean?

Tried to be a little cryptic and have fun with this op, but I failed

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think Edward Barnay may be one of the people who is rarely spoke about, but had such a vast impact on western societies.

Zosimov did a great thread on it which has links to videos for any of those who are interested. I watched all of the BBC docuseries in the thread, and while it is a little slow, I found it truly fascinating.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What do you expect from someone posting while still drinking
their first cup of coffee? My brain is just starting to wake up
and move along my day. I also have to admit that it went over
my head.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think Edward Barnay may be one of the people who is rarely spoke about, but had such a vast impact on western societies.

Zosimov did a great thread on it which has links to videos for any of those who are interested. I watched all of the BBC docuseries in the thread, and while it is a little slow, I found it truly fascinating.

Most people are so naive; they have no clue as to the sophisticated media manipulations used to mold and shape our culture and society.
Processes like NLP, subliminal programming, and approaches that are akin to mysticism/hypnotic control mechanisms beamed from satellites. I know it sounds crazy but sometimes drunks let things slip out. Or perhaps it's just BS but my Los Alamos friends often tell me "you wouldn't believe it" then fall silent.

South of my village they are building a Google complex data center to boggle the mind. They don't spend that kind of money without solid tech to go with it.

www.abqjournal.com...

All hail the new Gods....Barnay along with Marshall McCluhan were the Prophets along with Alvin Toffler and the syfy guys.
edit on 19-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have no doubt they have many sophisticated and psychological methods in staying relevant.

Sadly, I think the most effective one is just catering towards peoples biases. Simply put, most just want to tune in to those who tell them what they want to hear.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I have no doubt they have many sophisticated and psychological methods in staying relevant.

Sadly, I think the most effective one is just catering towards peoples biases. Simply put, most just want to tune in to those who tell them what they want to hear.

Anyone with a background in system structure has a bright future...that is if you aren't afraid to dance with the devil.

Something to consider.....

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Bernays and Vance Packard wrote the toolbook for modern propaganda and PR that is crippling modern journalism. Their books are essential reading for dirty tricks and advanced subliminal programming/messaging. Packard's 'The Hidden Persuaders' is available for free here: www.ditext.com...

The Media employs similar but more up to date tools based on retinal tracking and exploiting tricks and blind spots to try and manipulate your point of view - In website format all the content they want you believe and to remember forms the shape of a letter F, in newspapers it's in the shape of the letter T. Information within those boundaries is four times more likely to be remembered than information outside - so things like counter quotes, statements from an organisation you disagree with, but have to be included for any semblance of balance are placed outside the T or F shape.

Hundreds of millions is being spent by major corporations in astroturfing/PR in countries with a free press trying to undermine/discredit the use of anonymous sources to prevent staff from exposing illegal acts or practices that may damage their reputation.

Anonymous sources an essential tool in journalism and any self respecting journalist would rather be in prison or shot than reveal one: www.spj.org...

Source protection and confidentiality is essential for democracy to function, for corruption, war crimes and illegal acts being exposed. Many anonymous sources have been kidnapped, imprisoned or killed by intelligence services for exposing major stories like the UK's fabrications in the Watergate, the Iraq War Dossier, Abu Grahib and Israel's illegal Nuclear Weapons program.

The benchmark journalism guidelines for when it is and isn't acceptable to use anonymous sources are here: blog.ap.org...

it details what the good and bad practices of anonymous sources have been in the press (tweets from an internet randoms have made it to some news publications as anonymous sources) and what standards of proof are required/expected for ethical/legal use of anonymous sources that any decent news group and news article should adhere to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join