It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first letter on why calling out sources and defending the msm is horrible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Every time a story comes out that shows proof of democrat or deep state corruption, it seems many on ats and people in the media or politics just attack the source.

People tend to disregard any actual evidence, and bury the story as fake.

Sometimes I myself may be guilty of this, but i honestly try to avoid it.

This seems to be occurring more and more with certain journalists, such as the great john solomon, who will provide actual statements and source material for his articles, but is still written off as someone to ignore.

Even more troubling we see how there are honest attempts to de-platform or de-person people based on these smears of sources.

Infowars and alex jones, laura loomer, john solomon, and many many more.

Now I am not defending these people (other than solomon) as I am not an expert on them, and I understand many of their stories have been proven false.

Don't take this thread to mean i think we should all accept any source as truth without investigating.

It just seems absurd though that the same people most likely to attack these sources tends to defend the msm as the only credible sources, and ignores any problems they have had.

During the past few years, we have seen them be wrong over and over, and almost every time it was to push stories to hurt trump or republicans, or people and sources they feel are competitors to them in the journalism business.

Nobody is perfect, and I understand all media places make mistakes.

The issue is all of their mistakes seem to be one sided, and they seem to be almost unapologetic in their bias.

Kind of more disturbing than even that though are recent revelations that many of us knew deep down coming out in the open.

It turns out we now have proof that msm outlets like abc were intentionally burying stories about epstein, because they were worried it would make their elite friends look bad.

Laughably, at the same time they were covering for a child sex trafficker that was connected to some of the most powerful people in the establishment, they pretended to care about women and victims.

Lecturing us little people about how bad we are, or running any allegation about Trump, the media outs themselves for the hypocrites they are.

Hypocrisy is all around us in this political environment, and I know people get tired of me constantly going on about it.

Incidentally, i know i too have been a hypocrite before.

My only point in this thread is that I respect even an alex jones before these people in the msm.

Shouting your mouth off and being wrong about conspiracies isnt a great thing, but i would rather take that then outlets knowingly protecting pedophiles because it will make their political allies look bad.

Even with this, i never really dismiss even msm stories out of hand; i try to look at what they are presenting, and often times think their factual reporting is worth discussing.

Lets just remember though when we are calling out fringe sources, none of them to my knowledge have intentionally buried stories into child sex traffickers to help their brand or get their people elected.

Finally then we can start to hold these corrupt media people accountable.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Grambler because: error kind of ruined the whole thing needed to be corrected

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Truth is just someone's interpretation of facts.

If we want "truth" just read the Bible or the Koran. Their adherents would tell you that it is the "truth".

Facts are now irrelevant. Opinions act as truth now.

Orange Man Bad. Truth!

Fact?

Not so much.

But we've become a society where facts and truth are now interchangeable and are equal in their quality.

Beliefs, opinions weigh more than facts now.

" Facts don’t matter when you’re “morally right”"
-AOC

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Finally then we can start to hold these corrupt media people accountable.

I think I've mentioned this before. Media/news isn''t about information or informing the populace; It's just another platform to hang advertising on, targeted to particular demographics. Capitalism gone to the dogs. Everything's corrupted by the profit motive. AJ is a marketing genius, works hard to give his chosen audience what they want and expect and built an empire on that strategy. Just like Ted Turner, Disney and all the rest.

G, you could be a staff writer for the media of your choice.... As soon as you learn the format and protocol of the production staff.
You can write, the campaign season is upon us and good gigs are abundant for us media whores.

Ultimately it boils down to two things, market share and ratings. It's the way things are done in the current media paradigm. It's just business, pure and simple, competitive and American as apple pie.

edit on 18-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Is this the most relevant reason for your post buried in a heap of mumbo jumbo?

"During the past few years, we have seen them be wrong over and over, and almost every time it was to push stories to hurt trump or republicans, or people and sources they feel are competitors to them in the journalism business."

It couldn't be that the, 'Lolita Express' has become bothersome all of a sudden, or that Prince Andrew is now in the frame..as if it never were, to the same entity as Mr Trump.
I do give you credit though where you separate Mr Trump,...and Republicans, that is mostly totally justifiable.

edit on 18-11-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Along with everything DB said, MSM is entertainment. Pure and simple.

We are all eating cake

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No the most relevant post in my thread is that getting a moral high horse about some sources not being acceptable, while instead demanding sources like ABC that knowingly buried a story into a child sex trafficker because Hillary was running for president or they didnt want to hurt the royal families feelings, or that their head anchor was palling around with epstein is laughable.

Oh, and there was one other message.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I for one would love to have a community set of standards for factual sources, opinion sources, questionable sources and sources to be avoided.

Since we can’t seem to agree on which way is consistently up or down or the nature of black or white, however, I’m not sure how we should do that.

Perhaps we should have a community vote on each category (or other categories)? Or at least vote on sources that can be deemed generally reliable and those that can’t.

To me, the most important is fact-based vs. opinion-based. To me, it seems obvious, but obviously, there is disagreement. For example, OP’s great praise for John Solomon, which to me, based on knowledge and careful study, is basically a partisan hack The Hill: We Are ‘Reviewing’ and ‘Updating’ John Solomon’s Ukraine Columns

Now, for instance, this article comes from The Daily Beast which has an OBVIOUS left-bias. However, it’s quoting editors at The Hill regarding pending reviews of John Solomon’s articles which have been challenged on the basis of facts.

Because of our dedication to accurate, nonpartisan reporting and standards, we are reviewing, updating, annotating with any denials of witnesses, and, when appropriate, correcting any opinion pieces referenced during the ongoing congressional testimony,” Cusack wrote. “As previously stated, the views expressed by contributors are their own and not the views of The Hill.” Following complaints from staffers about his reporting, Solomon was moved to The Hill’s opinion side in the spring of 2018.

So, how should we handle this? Is The Hill lying? Am I lying when I say that John Solomon is an opinion writer?

And how do we know, or at least arrive at a consensus so that we’re not constantly damning each other’s sources?
edit on 18-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No the most relevant post in my thread is that getting a moral high horse about some sources not being acceptable, while instead demanding sources like ABC that knowingly buried a story into a child sex trafficker because Hillary was running for president or they didnt want to hurt the royal families feelings, or that their head anchor was palling around with epstein is laughable.
Oh, and there was one other message.

Clinton's escapades have been written about for yonks, the FBI investigation on Epstein is still open BTW..if that escaped you,
Oh! and that Mr Trump was a flyer as well, and yes, there is a high moral ground for kids just beginning to explore life, where there is not much in the way of good guidance example by a head of state....or pretty much any other entity it seems.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well lets start with n0ot disparaging pieces as opinion pieces when they clearly arent, as you have done in the recent past.

Oh and how about we look at a peice, and even if it is an opinion [piece, we dont ignore quotes in it from the actual discussed source as opinion.

Finally, perhaps we shouldnt rely on the pedophile defending msm to disparage an author, and make up our own minds.

If a source says something you think is wrong, point it out, dont rely on the msm to do it for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I know i know, the msm burying the epstein story doesnt matter cause trump.

We should all just be good little sheep and go back to listening tio the msm and smear any source that disagrees with them.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

We should all just be good little sheep and go back to listening tio the msm and smear any source that disagrees with them.

Epstein was as well known as Trump's aligned past escapades, also quite some time ago, talking about it now is passe..unless you have an angle.
My advice is to dump Trump, aka bury Caesar and not praise him albeit, subliminally. He ain't worth it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Or have a state run media with a Minister of Information. It should be disseminated on twitter only, no more msm.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Weird I dont remember ever suggesting that

Its very simple

Dont tell people not to listen to certain media groups, while at the same time suggesting the only acceptable media are ones that intentionally covered up for a child sex trafficker because it would be bad for their allies.

Seemed like a simple enough premise to me

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Weird I dont remember ever suggesting that

Its very simple

Dont tell people not to listen to certain media groups, while at the same time suggesting the only acceptable media are ones that intentionally covered up for a child sex trafficker because it would be bad for their allies.

Seemed like a simple enough premise to me

Why don't we do it the good old fashioned way and let the market place decide who prospers and fails. It's the American way!!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sure!

And in that vein, I will point out the hypocrisy of those who shout down certain media sources and demand we all only listen to the child sex trafficker defenders in the msm.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Sure!

And in that vein, I will point out the hypocrisy of those who shout down certain media sources and demand we all only listen to the child sex trafficker defenders in the msm.

In your opinion, what are the media sources we should be paying attention to. Should the impeachment proceedings be broadcast on msm?

btw....are you on a quest to root out Epstein, we all know he's not dead, ....right? Great Idea for a documentary you could put on your utube channel.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Sure!

In you opinion, what are the media sources we should be paying attention to. Should the impeachment proceedings be broadcast on msm?

A diverse grouping

As I said, to my knowledge, I have never once on ats or elsewhere refused to look at an article because the source.

And I have made posts and videos on the concept of how even media places you distrust often times report accurate info, its just their opinion of that info can be swayed by bias.

For example, if ABC says "The dow jones went up 200 points yesterday" saying ABC protected pedophiles doesnt prove this info is wrong.

This thread was just pointing out the hypocrisy of those who condemn sme media sources and demand msm pdeo protectors be used instead.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This thread was just pointing out the hypocrisy of those who condemn sme media sources and demand msm pdeo protectors be used instead.

I guess I'm not in the loop. I haven't heard anyone demand we should only watch msm pedo protectors. Got a link?

and what is "sme" media. I'm not familiar with it...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Mr. Snowden sure spun some heads around as well as Julian Assange.

Conspiracy facts.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I guess I'm not in the loop. I haven't heard anyone demand we should only watch msm pedo protectors. Got a link?

and what is "sme" media. I'm not familiar with it...

You havent seen media people and people on ats say "solomon sucks, post a msm site" or bash any number of sites as not credible while saying theyd wait to see if the msm posts about it?

Well i guess just look around, its everywhere, definitely on many of the threads I have done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join