It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Inquiry Depositions - Lots of Conflicts - Need to PROVE Who is Lying - Who is Truthful.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Monday, November 18, 2019

Day after day, transcripts of testimonies are being released from Adam Schiff's House Impeachment Committee that show significant conflicts and variations in testimonies amongst his witnesses.

This conflicting testimony was revealed a few hours ago..

State Department official David Holmes’ testimony on a newly revealed phone call between President Trump and Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland seems to conflict with that of top diplomat Bill Taylor at last week's lead-off impeachment hearing.

Taylor, who testified before the House Intelligence Committee last Wednesday, said he had just learned about the July phone call this month.

But Holmes’ timeline of events, according to a written statement from his closed-door interview, seems to depart from Taylor’s -- saying he notified Taylor of the call shortly after it happened.

Holmes, who is the political counsel at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, told congressional investigators that he was at a restaurant in Kiev on July 26 when Sondland spoke to Trump over the phone—just one day after Trump’s now-infamous July 25 phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky when he pressed for investigations into the Bidens and 2016 election meddling.
Continued at: www.foxnews.com...

EARLIER TODAY, more conflicting testimonies come to light..

New developments in the impeachment probe were revealed during two closed-door depositions that took place over the weekend, revealed Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., who called for a delay in the upcoming impeachment hearings until those transcripts are publicly available.

"A great answer given, a very informative answer by Mark Sandy," Zeldin said, "and I think it would change some of the answers given by some of these other witnesses this week."

"A lot of people didn't realize that once the cameras ended... on Friday, we then went back to this SCIF in the Capitol basement where there was a closed-door deposition," Zeldin said on Fox Nation's "Maria Bartiromo's Insiders."

"I don't know if there's that same sense of urgency from Chairman Schiff and his team to get those transcripts done by Tuesday morning," Zeldin said.

"If they could get them released by Tuesday morning, that's fantastic.

But, if they can't...then we'll move the open hearings back a day or two or three, because it's going to change some of the answers that some of these witnesses will be giving," he said.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

And an additional strange testimony "adjustment" was exposed over the weekend..

The first transcript is from career foreign service officer and Vice President Pence staffer Jennifer Williams.

The House did not need to subpoena Williams who was willing to deliver testimony to the impeachment committee with support from the Vice-President.

Ms. Williams was among the officials actually on the July 25th call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. She is also one of the only witnesses who has testified with firsthand knowledge of the exchange.

Interestingly Ms. Williams, a senior staffer for Vice-President Pence, delivered testimony that later had to be modified.

Keeping in mind that Jennifer Williams was actually on the call with Trump and Zelensky, it is curious that Ms. Williams originally testified that President Trump brought up the company Burisma during the call… only later having to modify her testimony to state that it was Zelensky who brought up the company. A curious mistake, all things considered!
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

HOW BEST TO RECONCILE ALL THESE CONFLICTS? Maybe put all the witnesses at a big table and let them hash it out with the Congressional lawyer interrogators?

There's no way you can have an impeachment vote against a U.S. President with so many holes, conflicts, changing stories, from key witnesses. Not to mention that none of the people closest to the President, or the "Whistleblower" who started this entire circus, have been interviewed by the committee.

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/18/2019 by carewemust because: slight wording adjustments

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh what a tangled web we weave
When we first practice to deceive

You would think Schiff and Co. would be experts at this by now.

Of course working with hearsey (something not admissible in an American court of law) is a hard thing to pull off...

What a Schiff show this is turning out to be.

S&F for the post and let's see in the coming days how the Dems spin this...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Every witness (so far) has been called by Democrats.

All Republican requests for witnesses have been denied.

And they can't even get the stories straight !! 😃 😃 😃 😃

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe dump all the witnesses in a pit and let them fight to the death?

Whoever lives we'll just run with their testimony and go from there.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Since Democrats on the Intel committee have been leaking excerpts of testimonies they feel are in their favor, Pelosi should put a stop to it. But she's compromised.

Meanwhile, Republicans are asking for a delay in the hearings because (as pointed out in the OP) there were critical details learned Saturday that Adam Schiff is keeping secret. The witnesses this week need to be asked about those details, but Republicans can't, because Schiff is forbidding it!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And Schiff says he's finding more witnesses for Thanksgiving week. Congress will be on vacation then! (Actually, they only have 11 more days in session this year, lol.)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

That won't work. Schiff will give his co-conspirator witnesses secret weapons to use in the battle.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Meanwhile, Republicans are asking for a delay in the hearings because (as pointed out in the OP) there were critical details learned Saturday that Adam Schiff is keeping secret. The witnesses this week need to be asked about those details, but Republicans can't, because Schiff is forbidding it!

More and more Americans are waking up to the fact that Schiff and the media are trying very hard to control the narrative.

Even the most hardened of the Democrat side of my family is embarrassed by what is happening.

Either the Democrats think that their voter base is so stupid that they won't realize it...

Or this is a really desperate attempt to get ahead of what's coming for them.

Or both.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

See what I mean! We've got ferret out the Schiff co-conspirators from the honest witnesses!!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I keep asking where is The Supreme Court? SCOTUS is the overseer of Congress, isn't it?

The U.S. House is damaging it's reputation in the USA, and America's image abroad.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I'm also not sure what part of that tweet was a lie. This is a quote from Holmes testimony.

"I then heard President Trump ask, quote, “So he’s going to do the investigation?”
unquote. Ambassador Sondland replied that, “He’s going to do it,” adding that
President Zelensky will quote, “Do anything you ask him to.”"

Pretty sure this is just you unable to believe that the president did something wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auth3nt1k

I'm also not sure what part of that tweet was a lie. This is a quote from Holmes testimony.

"I then heard President Trump ask, quote, “So he’s going to do the investigation?”

Pretty sure this is just you unable to believe that the president did something wrong.

So is investigating possible wrong-doing a crime?

Or is it only a crime when you investigate Democrats?

Let's get real.. Schiff said for 3 YEARS that he had definitive proof from 16 different intelligence agencies that Trump colluded with Russia.

Then the Mueller report dropped and it stated that that there was no evidence found that Trump colluded with Russia.

SoOo... where is all this damning evidence that Schiff has?

Spoiler.. Schiff lies out his ass.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Auth3nt1k

All hearsay from a cell phone 50 feet away with no speaker in a Ukrainian restaurant 🤣 🤣

Like somebody's going to actually call Trump in that kind of "reliable" "atmosphere" 🤣🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Auth3nt1k

What's wrong with asking Ukraine to investigate corruption and crimes committed by U.S. citizens in that country? Biden is just one of 3 entities that Ukraine said have questionable practices there.

That's why Ukraine has started an OFFICIAL investigation, picking up where the FIRED prosecutors/investigators left off, at President Trump's request.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

It's too bad if Democrats don't like this. They should have more ethical leaders.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We'll see if Sondland corrects the testimony that he reversed due to recollections that had to be adjusted after Schiff called him.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

We'll see if Sondland corrects the testimony that he reversed due to recollections that had to be adjusted after Schiff called him.

If that call even happened (doubtful because The White House and The State Dept would have recordings), watch Trump release the transcript !! 🙂

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I keep asking where is The Supreme Court? SCOTUS is the overseer of Congress, isn't it?

The U.S. House is damaging it's reputation in the USA, and America's image abroad.

No, the SC can't do anything about this. The House as sole control of this stage.

I REALLY wish they could do something to stop the obvious Schiff-show and his blatant refusal to follow precedent and ethical fairness practices.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Auth3nt1k

So is investigating possible wrong-doing a crime?

Or is it only a crime when you investigate Democrats?

Let's get real.. Schiff said for 3 YEARS that he had definitive proof from 16 different intelligence agencies that Trump colluded with Russia.

Then the Mueller report dropped and it stated that that there was no evidence found that Trump colluded with Russia.

SoOo... where is all this damning evidence that Schiff has?

Spoiler.. Schiff lies out his ass.

Let's be clear, the president cannot name one single other investigation into corruption. He has been asked and couldn't think of ONE.

He is not investigating a crime. From what I've read he didn't seem to even need the investigation just that President Z. announce one in public.

I'm not sure if you have read the Mueller report...I have it is absolutely FULL of the trump campaign team and family cooperating with Russians.

If we had an attorney general that wasn't a political hack then trump would have been impeached already.

Then on top of that 10 instances of obstruction that Mueller said he could indict the president on after he is removed.

Did you read trump's written deposition? For someone with the "best memory" he sure can't remember #. Maybe that's because he knows if he testifies truthfully he would be impeached/removed/and then indicted.

Remember when trump hear about the Mueller report..."this is it, I'm #ed"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join