It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Where in the Constitution does it say anything about not releasing tax returns? I must have missed it that part.

link   
a reply to: network dude

More to the point, tax evasion (even if dead on, no doubt about, guilty on all charges) is not an impeachable offense according to the Supreme Court. Tax evasion does not meet the threshold for “high crimes and misdemeanors” but good luck explaining that to the zombie apocalypse.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Elections are about public opinion not facts. Requiring potential public servants to release their tax returns would go a long way in transparency and giving constituents a clearer picture on where their representatives allegiance truly lies.

But like I said, I understand that you don't care about transparency in public office. That's your right. 👍

I bet you are an accountant right?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Perhaps not “evidence”.

But “Probable Cause” is all that is required for a search.

The “proof” will be, as they say, “in the pudding”.

As in; what Trump be put’n in those documents and returns!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Trump is already in office, it should apply to his time in office and then to anyone else planning on running for any public position afterwards. It's already past the point of Trump being a "potential" candidate.

Context is key, though I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit when it comes to opposing opinions. You seem to read what you want to instead of what is actually said.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

More to the point, tax evasion (even if dead on, no doubt about, guilty on all charges) is not an impeachable offense according to the Supreme Court. Tax evasion does not meet the threshold for “high crimes and misdemeanors” but good luck explaining that to the zombie apocalypse.

I doubt many here would comprehend his taxes either way. Unless they had Rachel Madow to explain them, as she did before.
edit on 18-11-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If you really did care, you would have looked at his and every president's taxes. But you don't know this answer, nor does the poster I was speaking to.

I never said I cared. Not about Obama's or Trump's.

You know even if the poster you were speaking to, or anyone for that matter, didn't care about Obama's but wanted to stick it to Trump, it would still mean that they care, even if just for that.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ah ok, let me use your own logic here. Without looking tell me how much Clinton paid in taxes in 2011. Since you can't tell me without looking that means I win the argument! Right? That means you don't care about where her money came from, right? 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

If you really did care, you would have looked at his and every president's taxes. But you don't know this answer, nor does the poster I was speaking to.

I never said I cared. Not about Obama's or Trump's.

You know even if the poster you were speaking to, or anyone for that matter, didn't care about Obama's but wanted to stick it to Trump, it would still mean that they care, even if just for that.

LOL, here's a secret, don't tell anyone, K? I don't care, and I don't think Trump cares either. I'd almost like him to release them, so everyone would say, "damn, he pays a lot of taxes", but I'm just super glad he's such a 8d chess player, and super genius that he can outsmart the IRS, Mueller, and all the other investigators who have tried to take him down.

Or is he not that smart, but just stumbles into good luck regarding not being caught?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You don't need to outsmart anyone when it comes to legal donations and gifts. The IRS can't arrest someone for something that isn't illegal but it sure can give insight into who Trump is really working for.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

LOL, here's a secret, don't tell anyone, K? I don't care, and I don't think Trump cares either.

You cared enough to offer the "proofs" which turned out to be nothing.

I'd almost like him to release them, so everyone would say, "damn, he pays a lot of taxes", but I'm just super glad he's such a 8d chess player, and super genius that he can outsmart the IRS, Mueller, and all the other investigators who have tried to take him down.

Or is he not that smart, but just stumbles into good luck regarding not being caught?

Neither here nor there.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Where in the Constitution does it say anything about not releasing tax returns? I must have missed it that part.

Sorry...should have said Constitution and Federal Law....better?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Trump is already in office, it should apply to his time in office and then to anyone else planning on running for any public position afterwards. It's already past the point of Trump being a "potential" candidate.

Context is key, though I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit when it comes to opposing opinions. You seem to read what you want to instead of what is actually said.

LOL...so then you don't care to see the taxes that this thread is based on? Got it.

And to make sure my reading comprehension is up to your sub standards, anyone planning to run for any public office should release their taxes by law? Not running for public office, but planning to? And would they have to release their taxes during their time as a private citizen or just when they get into office? Or just from the point they plan to run for office and after?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

They should be required to release them if they make the ballot. Let's say 5 years back, how's that sound?

But like I said, I know you don't care about politicians being transparent with who they are receiving donations from. You support the status quo, I understand that, you've made it perfectly clear.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: oloufo

What does a parody video have to do with this at all?

Bring all people down to your level. If they're all as stupid as you are, they'll let you get away with everything. The Trump System. He can talk nonsense day and night, lie, insult, he always gets away with it because everyone is already numb. The far-right take pleasure in the chaos it causes because it distracts from their personal problems. The extremists, the radicals, come out of their holes. The rest surpass each other in hysteria and indignation. And Trump continues to make his millions, strengthening his brand and thinking of his loyal followers as he sits on his golden toilet. Let's hope that he never has to make a really significant decision, in the name of all earthlings, it might be the downfall of all of us. And that is not hysteria but bitter seriousness in view of his personality, his intellect and the power he has. He is too vulnerable and easy to manipulate.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They should be required to release them if they make the ballot. Let's say 5 years back, how's that sound?

But like I said, I know you don't care about politicians being transparent with who they are receiving donations from. You support the status quo, I understand that, you've made it perfectly clear.

Or we could just go a step further and say you can't have donations from anyone for a public office.....that way you could cut out the tax argument altogether AND force the politicians to run on their own dime and put some skin in the game.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Even better. Too bad Trump's campaign manager threw that possibility out the window with the Citizen's United ruling. But who cares about that? He worked for Trump so he (David Bossie) is a man of outstanding character and virtue! Right?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

People seem to forget that the tax break Trump gave the ultra-rich will affect his own bottom line in a very positive way once he's out of office. He basically gave himself a permanent pay raise.

But hey, who cares about conflicts of interest? The media says mean things about him! 🤣🤡

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

LOL, here's a secret, don't tell anyone, K? I don't care, and I don't think Trump cares either.

You cared enough to offer the "proofs" which turned out to be nothing.

I'd almost like him to release them, so everyone would say, "damn, he pays a lot of taxes", but I'm just super glad he's such a 8d chess player, and super genius that he can outsmart the IRS, Mueller, and all the other investigators who have tried to take him down.

Neither here nor there.

But you haven't offered how much Obama payed, so I kind of proved myself. Although not to you, as you had no interest in any of this, you just need some attention so you posted. Feel better now sport?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Trump gave himself a permanent tax break. No conflict of interest there though right? Trump can do no wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join