It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: shooterbrody

Like I said, there's absolutely nothing illegal about accepting gifts from special interests, his campaign manager made sure of that in the Citizen's United ruling, but boy would it hurt his "anti-establishment" schtick. It would be in shambles if his returns showed evidence of backroom deals with his supposed "enemies".

But like I said it's understandable. It's much easier to blindly believe in a billionaire politician than it is to question him. Easier to ignore his past in favor of a warm fuzzy feeling in the present.

Wait, what?
Billionaires all need to be questioned in case they are criminals or might have something legal but personally damaging in their background?
You revealed a lot more with that thinking than you probably realise.
edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't get this whole argument about wanting to see people's tax returns. Isn't that what the IRS is for? If there is any illegal things going on that is what they do. If nothing is illegal who cares. It is all about the got ya movement. If Trump is doing things within the law to keep as much money as he can who can blame him. I wouldn't say it any different than if it was Obama, Bernie, Hillary, whoever. You should be able to keep what you earn period

That is what is great about this country is if you believe in something you can donate your time or money to that organization or belief and you don't need the government or the high and mighty to tell you you should be doing more with it. It is really no ones damn business.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If they allow anyone to petition the government to get Trump's tax returns then by precedence, anyone can petition the government to get our tax returns. That is a dangerous policy, there is private information on our tax returns, if someone sees you are making a lot of money they can attack your sources of income by promoting slander and chaos might erupt.

Taking away the president's privacy rights definitely means they can take away our privacy rights. I do not care who the president is, I would not want this to happen because it initiates precedence and that is one of the most important legal terms to understand.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Maybe there SHOULD be a push to release his current taxes. But of course the media isn't going to push for the current ones, they may incriminate themselves and THEIR donors in the process.

The topic is Trump's taxes, I'm allowed to talk about his current ones.

Here's a question: if there was a push to release his current taxes would you be in favor of it?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
I don't get this whole argument about wanting to see people's tax returns. Isn't that what the IRS is for? If there is any illegal things going on that is what they do. If nothing is illegal who cares. It is all about the got ya movement. If Trump is doing things within the law to keep as much money as he can who can blame him. I wouldn't say it any different than if it was Obama, Bernie, Hillary, whoever. You should be able to keep what you earn period

That is what is great about this country is if you believe in something you can donate your time or money to that organization or belief and you don't need the government or the high and mighty to tell you you should be doing more with it. It is really no ones damn business.

Precisely the point.
Democrats want to see them because they want to speculate and run daily stories through their media arm based on innuendo running up to the election.
They are arrogant enough think reasonable people don;t understand that, hence the bluster about 'public figure', 'win-win', 'something to hide'.. blah blah blah.
It's funny once you see it for what it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Billionaires running for public office? Absolutely they should be required to release their current taxes, and any subsequent taxes while in office. They're public servants, they willingly made their lives public by running for office.

Hell, make anyone running for office release their taxes, rich or poor.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Maybe there SHOULD be a push to release his current taxes. But of course the media isn't going to push for the current ones, they may incriminate themselves and THEIR donors in the process.

Here's a question: if there was a push to release his current taxes would you be in favor of it?

No. Taxes are private and should only be made public by force if there is a compelling case of a crime being committed.

Any person running for election to public office, or in public office, has the right to keep them private and they then, if they choose to keep them private, face the public vote to see whether it was a wise choice.

Quite why you are calling for a citizen to have their rights trampled over is baffling.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have no interest in making my life public but Trump did and still does, otherwise he wouldn't have run for president and wouldn't willingly put his ugly mug on TV every day. If he was worried about privacy he would have stayed off of reality TV and out of Washington for the past 4 decades.

Your argument is weak. My financials affect no one, Trump's financials do, especially if it shows his "enemies" compensating him.

Unless it shows him on the take from Warren, Sanders, Clinton, Pelosi, Schiff, or CNN I don't think anyone who voted for him give a damn, dude. You're talking about this as if it has the power to change votes and steer voters away from him when, at the same time, the only alternatives to him are pushing for us to have ridiculously high tax bills to support free medical care for illegals, open the borders to even more illegals, pay for liberal arts degrees for anyone in the country, pay for everyone else's health care, handcuff ourselves in the name of pseudo-scientific environmental extremism, and return to a recent era in which the US self imposed restrictions to hold us back while other nations sprinted ahead. Gotta say, if the tax returns did become public I'm not imagining any revelations from them stern enough to make me consider voting for the country's demise the way his opponents seem hell bent to drive us towards.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In that case you don't care anything about transparency. A politician's financials are extremely important when it comes to transparency, otherwise they can accept gifts from anyone and everyone without any kind of repercussions.

But I already realize Trump's campaign manager made sure special interests can pump unlimited "speech" into campaigns anonymously. That boat has already sailed unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Billionaires running for public office? Absolutely they should be required to release their current taxes, and any subsequent taxes while in office. They're public servants, they willingly made their lives public by running for office.

Sounds like a federal law should be passed, ya? Pity the body that is responsible for writing and passing needed laws is too busy chasing Chinese whispers and personal agendas to actually do their damn job and make that needed law a reality.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Should?
Fact is they DON'T have to.
Your opinion means squat beyond your personal vote.
The people as awhole spoke and Trump won the election.

You are now trying to place your opinion above the law of the land in effort to justify you're loathsome view that a citizen should have their rights taken away because you think they might have done something wrong or might be embarrassed about what is in their private tax filings.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Which is exactly why things will never change regardless of who's in office. Trump ran another "hope and change" campaign, a.k.a. a lie.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Actually the topic is the stay placed on the case trying to get his taxes from when he was a private citizen.

I don't think anyone should have to publicly release their taxes. We have a branch of government that handles those and any discrepancies.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

In that case you don't care anything about transparency. A politician's financials are extremely important when it comes to transparency, otherwise they can accept gifts from anyone and everyone without any kind of repercussions.

But I already realize Trump's campaign manager made sure special interests can pump unlimited "speech" into campaigns anonymously. That boat has already sailed unfortunately.

Transparency... it's such a manipulated concept that it is presently devoid of any real meaning. For 8 years we heard about how Obama's administration was the most transparent presidency in history... all while being the most aggressive admin ever against whistleblowers and rejecting the largest amount of FOIA requests ever recorded. Transparency is an illusion, a gossamer concept which has been so abused and manipulated by political agenda drivers that it no longer means anything except "Here, let me throw this meaningless political accusation at you and see if any Americans are foolish enough to rally around the accusations."

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Which is exactly why things will never change regardless of who's in office. Trump ran another "hope and change" campaign, a.k.a. a lie.

What in the blue hell does Trump have to do with Congress choosing to navel gaze and play 5 minutes in heaven with Schiff and Pelosi rather than actually doing the job they were elected to do? Seems like a Congressional malfeasance issue, not a POTUS shortcoming.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Your virtue signaling doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not putting my opinion above the law of the land, there's no law saying it's illegal to release a president's tax returns so I'm not sure how you could even come to that conclusion other than your feelings.

So I will assume you don't care about transparency when it comes to public officials. Noted. 👍

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Ding ding, another example of seeking the moral high ground when the world and his wife knows the real motivation. It sure is not about transparency.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Your virtue signaling doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not putting my opinion above the law of the land, there's no law saying it's illegal to release a president's tax returns so I'm not sure how you could even come to that conclusion other than your feelings.

So I will assume you don't care about transparency when it comes to public officials. Noted. 👍

No, fella, there is no law to say he has to release his tax returns.
The SC will decide on whether he can be forced to release them, not you.

Transparency, lol... and the irony of accusing me of virtue signalling

Let us know when you have the guts to tell us why you really want Trump's tax returns to be made public - hint : we already know, just remains for you to admit it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Elections are about public opinion not facts. Requiring potential public servants to release their tax returns would go a long way in transparency and giving constituents a clearer picture on where their representatives allegiance truly lies.

But like I said, I understand that you don't care about transparency in public office. That's your right. 👍

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Elections are about public opinion not facts.

Yep, 2016. We had that battle already.
Next.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join