It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Let's see how long that lasts before those taxes get raised again. Too bad you're not one of those ultra rich guys who bribe our politicians every election cycle because you'd never see an end to your tax break. But alas you only got the temporary one le every other average American.

But like I said, let's only focus on the short term, let's be short sighted, otherwise we'd have to face the reality of those tax breaks in the long run.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But Bossie is still president of Citizen's United, he works for special interests and was a high ranking member of Trump's campaign. Yet Trump can't be controlled by special interests, even though he has the president of one of the most successful special interests groups in Washington on his side? You're a laugh riot dude! In fact you could say Citizen's United represents all special interest groups seeing as they fought on the behalf of all of them during that ruling. 🤣

But hey, keep ignoring reality. The media has created one for you.

The media? The media is all about destroying Trump. You seem to only be able to talk about what the media says. Would be really funny if media was all in on Trumps side....I'd bet you would be one of his biggest supporters based on where you seem to get your info.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Let's see how long that lasts before those taxes get raised again. Too bad you're not one of those ultra rich guys who bribe our politicians every election cycle because you'd never see an end to your tax break. But alas you only got the temporary one le every other average American.

But like I said, let's only focus on the short term, let's be short sighted, otherwise we'd have to face the reality of those tax breaks in the long run.

Good thing I've got some liquid assets as well, should that happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No, the media is all about turning Trump into a martyr with an ineffective smear campaign.

Those in power can kill Epstein in a high security and heavily guarded prison with no witnesses yet all they have for Trump is a lame smear campaign? Yeah right! 😂

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So your mentality is "me, myself and I, screw everyone else"? Sounds about right. No skin off your back when # hits the fan, you've got liquid assets! 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
No corporate media outlet wants Trump gone. Are you kidding?

He’s great for business.

Corporate media sells ads. What sells ads runs.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump and the media are two peas in a pod, they have a symbiotic relationship just as designed. While the media gains clicks and views with their Trump clickbait, Trump is worshipped as a martyr in the eyes of his supporters. It's a win win for both parties if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Trump gave himself a permanent tax break. No conflict of interest there though right? Trump can do no wrong.

So, corporate tax breaks ONLY benefit the person at the top?

Are you aware of the stock market?

Are you aware of pensions?

Are you aware of 401k's/retirement plans?

The fat cat at the company didn't get free tax money, the investors did.

Maybe one day you will educate yourself so you can be enlightened AND intelligent, because the ignorance displayed in your posts show you have achieved one of those states, and intelligence clearly wasn't the state achieved.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com... the dems are getting quite irked that scotus keeps ruling against them so now they want to try to make it so congress can try to "over rule their decisions" . just wait tell the DACA ruling comes out later this week and im sure they will be back to trying to pack the court again so much for checks and balances eh?

Something similar already exists for executive-branch decisions. The Congressional Review Act (CRA), passed in 1996, allows Congress to review federal-agency regulations and overturn them through a “fast track” process, in which both houses of Congress pass a resolution on a given regulation through an expedited process and the president signs it. The idea behind the CRA is simple: Congress makes the laws, and agencies implement them. If Congress doesn’t approve of how an agency has implemented a law, it should be able to review and reject the agency’s approach.
sure that will go over well with the american people

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

The stock market doesn't reflect the average American, the average American doesn't participate in Wall Street for the most part, its mainly fat cats and their stockholders who benefit.

Trickle down economics has worked so well in the past right? You guys have the memory of a fly apparently. 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Cry wolf? How's that whole email thing coming along? Has she been locked up yet? 🤣

The fact that you guys are defending an obviously corrupt Supreme Court ruling is hilarious, especially seeing as how it was underneath Obama's administration. 🤣

I have said all along Hillary won't get locked up. It is absolutely proven she broke the law, everyone, even her admits it.

What does that have to do with the Democrats crying wolf since 2016?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You'd think that if Trump's Justice Department cared about putting Hillary in jail they would have done it by now especially seeing as how it has been "absolutely proven" that she broke the law.

I guess Trump doesn't care about justice after all, literally no one has gone to jail except for the ones associated with Trump himself. All he cares about is stirring the pot, giving his Wall Street fat cat buddies (and himself) a permanent tax break and arming terrorists through Saudi Arabia. MAGA by making it hopelessly divided! Right?🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The stock market doesn't reflect the average American, the average American doesn't participate in Wall Street for the most part, its mainly fat cats and their stockholders who benefit.

Wrong, once again showing the enlightened, yet unintelligent side of yourself.

I'm the average American, I have a vested interest in markets and corporations.

If you don't have anything set up in the way of retirement, I suggest you quit Burger King, learn a skilled trade, and look into retirement. I don't plan on working at all (unless I choose to) after the age of 55.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Trickle down economics has worked so well in the past right? You guys have the memory of a fly apparently. 🤣

So now I'm a "fat cat"?!?!?

I make $90k a year and the stock market effects me.

Check your facts brah! Its helping the people that vote, unlike you I'm guessing....

Lolz🤪
edit on 18-11-2019 by Scepticaldem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images. Please read new thread.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Let's see how well that works out for you bud. Those tax breaks are set to end in 2027 when they become net tax increases. By the time your taxes go back up Trump will be a twinkle in your eye and you'd have forgotten all about it only to blame the current president, whoever that happens to be.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
No corporate media outlet wants Trump gone. Are you kidding?

He’s great for business.

Corporate media sells ads. What sells ads runs.

Yes, but also no. When you consider that the US suffers from 5 multinational corporations which control 92% of all media in this country, including news, print news, and radio news, and then you look at those multinationals' bottom lines where trade, tariffs, and policies are concerned it paints a more concerning picture. Apple, Disney, Google, Amazon, Reddit, and Activision have all kissed China's ass in major ways... like corporate altering, policy violating, audience alienating ways... it's not hard to see those same corporations push their media companies to drive whatever narrative gets them the most play in global markets outside the US and doing so at the direct harm of US consumers, systems, and our marketplaces.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Wait, you make almost $100k a year and still use the word "brah"? You must be one of those lame YouTube guys that does nothing for their money. 🤣

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Let's see how well that works out for you bud. Those tax breaks are set to end in 2027 when they become net tax increases. By the time your taxes go back up Trump will be a twinkle in your eye and you'd have forgotten all about it only to blame the current president, whoever that happens to be.

Corporate tax breaks in the tax plan are permanent. It's the individual tax rates that will revert unless the bill is re-signed. The individual tax rates would be permanent also, but the current written law only allows personal tax rates to be changed in 10 year increments, otherwise the tax breaks for individuals would be permanent too.

Once again, your ignorance of facts shine through like a full moon.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Scepticaldem

Wait, you make almost $100k a year and still use the word "brah"? You must be one of those lame YouTube guys that does nothing for their money. 🤣

I do plenty for my $90k a year and none of it involves youtube brah!

Also my paycheck looks much better now a days compared to Obama days....

Lolz🤪

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join