It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three dead after shooter 'dressed in black' opens fire in parking lot at Oklahoma Walmart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I think you are both wrong.

If those were the reasons for this type of behaviour we would see many more events like this.

Like in all other things related to human behaviour, things are not that simple, and while we are looking for escape goats instead of reasons we will not stop this trend.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Like in all other things related to human behaviour, things are not that simple, and while we are looking for escape goats instead of reasons we will not stop this trend.

People who site a truth and take away it's reason are defending something.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, could you rephrase it?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The truth is there is a direct correlation between the rise in secularism
and the rise in violence, depravity, immorality, the treachery we have in
politics, unbridled greed and the inhumanity of homelessness, suicide.

This is a simple truth so easy to see with open mind it can't be denied.
It's obvious despite any poll or any article. As I trust my powers of
observation far more.

So now to refer to this very truth as just a scapegoat? When I was listing it
as the main reason in my opinion? Seems like an attack to me! And I can
only assume therefore that you are defending something by deluding
the truth that supports everything I said.

You could have easily said you disagree with my conclusion but felt
you had to dominate to discard the truth completely. Scapegoat!
yeah that bent me the wrong way a little bit.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Leftists forced the closing of the Mental Hospitals

no.

1981 President Reagan repeals Carter’s legislation with the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act. This pushes the responsibility of mentally ill patients back to the states. The legislation creates block grants for the states, but federal spending on mental illness declines.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
WTF is wrong with all these people?

I worked for Walmart for a while. Honestly I'm surprised stuff like that doesn't happen more often. If I had a dollar for every messed up, crazy situation I witnessed there the hubs and I could take a really nice vacation!

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Just another symptom of our sick and degenerate culture. Too many people forget that we already have an answer for the problems we are facing today in The Good Book.

Oh please. The so-called "sick and degenerate culture" is really just a mirror image of the sick and degenerate nature of the human animal. which is to say that deep down, we're just like pretty much all other animals except for our delusions of right and wrong (which will always scatter to the breeze whenever the chips are truly down) . All the good and wonderful things you want to see when you see other humans can only exist as a superficial facade for the real human. There is no way to fix that without something like genetic engineering. Which would really just make us more freakish than we already are (and we're already the biggest freaks of nature on this planet).

The Bible is just another excuse for refusing to face reality. Face it. The only thing that will "fix" the problems caused by humanity is extinction. And if that happens, there will be nothing left that will care.

edit on 19-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

people work here and sadly it has become so common place it isnt a MAJOR news story anymore.

want to know why things like this happen? ill give you the secret, dont tell anyone okay.......

mental health care in the US is slow at best and not accessible to the people who need it the most usually, aka they fall through the cracks of society and that isolation and mental illness results in these outbursts of anger and sadness/frustration.

most of these people are isolated from people their whole life by bullying or abuse and than as an adult they might outwardly appear okay and then one day they snap and i bet you this guy said to him self "if im going to kill my self i might as well take as many of the people who ignored or hurt me out as well".

everyone is so connected via social media and all the bs but dont have real face to face contact with friends or family and in reality are alone.

I never was bullied or had a hard time making friends or getting a girl friend but i know others that even as adults get picked on or isolated socially for being 'strange' and honestly those strange people are usually the nicest and most loyal friends you could be lucky to have.

but the mentally ill in america are shuttered away or medicated to the point of 'wellness' and sent on their way.

throw that in with some of the other thing i already mentioned and you have a ticking time bomb

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenRay

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Every other country has all of those things. This problem is specific to America. What do we have that they don't?

I listen to, and play, death and black metal, and play video games. Really violent video games, and I am constantly searching for the most vile and disturbing horror movies I can find. I'm about to turn 40 and I've never thought about shooting up a Walmart.

I was watching a few video blogs on China. You would be surprised at the total lack of empathy the people have as a whole. The violence does affect them. And around the world violence is widespread, it is not just the United States. In South America, Mexico, Africa, all over, you would be surprised at the extreme amount of graphic violence being perpetrated on the populace, by the populace, on a daily basis.

It is said in the United States there is more than 1 mass shooting a day. People there have easy access to firearms designed to kill people.

In other places where firearms are not so easy to attain violence can still be very prevalent. Look at South Africa, and all of the murdering going on. Or look at all of the recent genocide going on in the world. Violence is a worldwide problem. Not just a United States problem.

It is a sign of the times.

And I would recommend you stop feeding your mind with filth. And not everyone reacts the same way to what they view. Some are more vulnerable and susceptible, especially children, and mentally ill people.

Murder has been around since HUmans have lived,but do go on about how video games and music made all of those humans kill others before they were even invented.
No the blame is with the killer alone. Stop trying to find something to scapegoat and put the blame on the people who did the crime.
A number of studies found no link between kids playing video games and killing. And no they were not done by pro video game groups.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Tragic events. Glad to see that the bloodshed was stopped before it could get any worse.

There is no one issue here, though my thought process leads me, usually, to one inescapable observation--which I freely admit could be wrong--the over reliance upon pharmacology.

But, that's surely not the only reason, but a good place to start. That and not teaching people how to deal with the every day stresses and strain we all deal with...which can lead to utter catastrophe when something really bad occurs...

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

The truth is there is a direct correlation between the rise in secularism and the rise in violence, depravity, immorality, the treachery we have in politics, unbridled greed and the inhumanity of homelessness, suicide.

This is a simple truth so easy to see with open mind it can't be denied. It's obvious despite any poll or any article. As I trust my powers of observation far more.

Too bad I don't trust your powers of observation.

First of all, how do you measure "secularism", to be able to say that it rises or not? Also, is that supposed rise in secularism the reason for the supposed rise in violence, depravity, etc. or are all the result of something else?

So now to refer to this very truth as just a scapegoat?

I refer to all things, not just your "truth", as scapegoats, because they look like an easy way of pointing to something instead of looking in ourselves for the source of our problems.

When I was listing it as the main reason in my opinion?

Your opinion is just that, an opinion, like the ones I have.

Seems like an attack to me!

At most, it could have been an attack to your opinion, but it wasn't even that, it was only my opinion.

And I can only assume therefore that you are defending something by deluding the truth that supports everything I said.

I'm defending my opinion that the problems we are talking about in this thread are a result of human behaviour, and that's something that is not that simple to explain, as you can have secular people acting in the same way as religious people (regarding the social, non religious principals of a religion) and people that are supposed to be religious acting like they are ignoring all those principals.

You could have easily said you disagree with my conclusion but felt you had to dominate to discard the truth completely. Scapegoat!

Regardless of how important you think it is I see it just as a scapegoat, probably in the same way you see my opinion as irrelevant (or worse).

yeah that bent me the wrong way a little bit.

It happens (but it shouldn't, they are just opinions).

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Concealed carry - all the way!

We don't necessarily need to conceal in Oklahoma now. Constitutional carry went into effect on Nov 1st. We can both open and conceal carry unless otherwise prohibited due to private property owner's wishes or other restricted places such as government facilities, schools, etc. If you want to travel to another state that recognizes OK's CCL but not constitutional carry then you might want to get a CCL anyway. Glad a good guy with a gun was there.

There is plenty of correlation between mental illness and SSRI meds in the US and mass shootings. I don't buy this being solely a US problem, violent crime exists everywhere but one thing is true here in the US we love our meds so much we have constant TV commercials for them.

The rise of secularism and lack of spirituality doesn't really hold up either if you compare it to prison stats. Approx 3.1% of the US is supposedly Atheist (wikipedia claims ~18% no religion) but US prison pop is 0.1% Atheist. Thats actually a pretty big difference when you boil it down. So either Atheists and possibly other 'no religion' people are less likely to this or they are just better at getting away with it.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It happens (but it shouldn't, they are just opinions).

Fair enough. You made an excellent point here.

and that's something that is not that simple to explain, as you can have secular people acting in the same way as religious people (regarding the social, non religious principals of a religion)

I do however see the problem that engages humanity exponentially
and brings you and I here, as more spiritual than anything else.

Another way of saying it, I site the decline of spirituality
( not necessarily religion) in the western world as it seems engineered
by secularists. It isn't hard to imagine a group from different established
organizations in society agree to try and guide that society to producing
a more docile people.

And people devoid of the hope that is only
found in the spirit are less likely to see themselves with any value
above what gov. gives them. Do they care of the consequences?
Not even of course not. But so much for conspiracies and my opinion.

You sure said it right tho. It is hard to explain this stuff in a way that
articulates and at the same time reflects just what one is trying to say.

You should try it from my limited education. lol Not an easy task! lol

edit on 19-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
News reports today seem to indicate that it was not a "public shooter" event, but rather that same old story of a guy shooting his cheating wife and her boyfriend, and then killing himself. The story apparently got misinterpreted and made the news, which in ordinary times wouldn't have happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Music, yeah rhythm can be deadly

Video Games virtual bullets are deadly

News information kills people

Websites censor the internet

We could go on.

But its not guns or bullets or an armed populace, let me check when the last gun rampage was in other civilised countries, news just in from the UK 1996

Also note we in the UK have music, video games, news and even the internet

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's a societal problem. Society is infatuated with violence.

Music, especially genres such as hip-hop, and certain Metal, such as death metal use disgusting, filthy language, glorify murder and rape, even of wives and mothers.

Video Games in general have a close relationship with violence, but there are some that are extremely more graphic in violence than others. Some of the most popular games in the world depict the most brutal violence imaginable. In some simulators, people can use baseball bats and beat innocent women to death. Children, I have seen children myself play such video game simulators simulating graphic murder on innocent people, while they laughed and relished in the graphic depictions of sadistic violence they were playing out.

News "If it bleeds it leads." The news is big business, and violence attracts attention. The more violent and graphic the headlines and content, the better the ratings.

Websites The must disgusting graphic images of mutilation, torture, dismemberment, murder, are available online. In some cultures children are bombarded on a daily basis in their social media to the most brutal and savage violence imaginable.

We could go on. Stress, bullying, lack of parental guidance, lawlessness, hatred, lack of self-control. And many of the "stars" of this world, especially in its entertainment and sports industry all lead with such characteristics, people people look up to and adore and hold in high esteem.

What is wrong with people?

That is what is wrong with society!

But..but...but...what a person watches, or plays, or listens to has no affect on them.

Yeah, tell that to everyone that buy 30 second spots on TV, or advertise on the internet, that even watching a little bit of advertisement or propaganda has no affect on the person viewing it.

Absolute fail! Because you for some reason left out the biggest problem of all
that blankets everything you did list. The lack of Spirituality coupled to
the rise of secularism is like a frenzied symphony in concerto for humanity
lost. And I believe wee are only seeing the beginning of the horrors coming our way.

So what's the excuse for all the depraved crap the Catholic church has swept under the rug? Secularism didn't make them stick their ween in kids, did it?
edit on 11/19/2019 by Nyiah because: clarification

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So what's the excuse for all the depraved crap the Catholic church has swept under the rug? Secularism didn't make them stick their ween in kids, did it?

Did you read this part? Respectfully of course!

( not necessarily religion) i

I'm sure we would agree on every vile thing you have to say about that
abomination. In fact you may not even be able to keep up.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Another way of saying it, I site the decline of spirituality ( not necessarily religion) in the western world as it seems engineered by secularists. It isn't hard to imagine a group from different established organizations in society agree to try and guide that society to producing a more docile people.

Here in Portugal, during the fascist dictatorship, the Church was one of the best tools used by the regime to keep people under control.

I agree that spirituality is not the same as religion, but they are usually connected in today's societies, as most people use one religion (or more) as a way of expressing their spirituality.

And people devoid of the hope that is only found in the spirit are less likely to see themselves with any value above what gov. gives them. Do they care of the consequences? Not even of course not. But so much for conspiracies and my opinion.

I don't consider myself a spiritual person, and I am an atheist since I was 9 years old or so, and that doesn't make feel with more or less value than other people, I see us all as equal.

You sure said it right tho. It is hard to explain this stuff in a way that articulates and at the same time reflects just what one is trying to say.

You should try it from my limited education. lol Not an easy task! lol

You should try doing it in a different language! Most of the time I don't know what words I should use for a simple post, much less on a post where I'm trying to explain things like these.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You should try doing it in a different language! Most of the time I don't know what words I should use for a simple post, much less on a post where I'm trying to explain things like these.

I just wanna tell you this almost put me on my ass. LMAO

The first thing to hit me was " Do you think it would help?"

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I just wanna tell you this almost put me on my ass. LMAO

The first thing to hit me was " Do you think it would help?"

It wouldn't help the discussion, but it could help us understand each other better.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join