It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s happening in Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seem’s like a powder keg of trouble. not much info in MSM. I found this by a fluke.

Riot police and security forces clashed with demonstrators in Tehran and dozens of cities across Iran on Saturday, according to Iranian news agencies and social media reports, amid popular protests against a rise in petrol prices.

The reports said protesters chanted anti-government slogans in a number of locations around the country, a day after the government increased the price of regular petrol to 15,000 rials ($0.13) a litre from 10,000 rials and also rationed it.

State television said police clashed with what it called "rioters" in some cities and fired tear gas to disperse them.

One person was killed and several were wounded in the city of Sirjan in Kerman province on Friday, the ISNA news agency quoted a local official as saying.

The country's economy has deteriorated since last year, when the United States pulled out of the landmark 2015 nuclear deal with Iran and six other powers and reimposed sanctions.
[url=http://www.aljazeera.com...]https: //www.aljazeera.com

Stated in the article that gas prices are the lowest in the world. It's obvious the populace is not happy with the regime.
edit on 18-11-2019 by laughingdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog

Currently there are major protests taking place in Iran, Hong Kong, and Chile. There are likely others I'm missing.

I believe the protests in Ecuador ended last month, but there were deaths from those protests.. it's no joke out there

There is a lot going on right now!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCoreHong Kong worries me the most. Lots of unrest!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

In Peru the president fired the whole congress (something we should do, btw) and the congress turned around and issued a no-confidence vote basically removing him from office. There were protests, though mostly peaceful, there too. The president claims the congress couldn't vote no confidence because he'd fired them first. It's the classic..."You're fired, no, I quit"...deal. I don't know who the heck is running the country today.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think it is remarkable that the MSM hasn't brought the protests in Iran to my attention when I can see from Twitter that they are happening and they are getting bad.
The Internet is practically completely shut down and the protests are nationwide.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

People are feeling the pinch because of the sanctions imposed by the US , no doubt there are a few US alphabet agency sponsored Agent Provocateurs helping to stir the pot.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I saw this the other day, it seems like people are getting fed up of their corrupt or useless governments all over place. The French were also "anniversary" rioting/demonstrating over the weekend.
The Chinese were also threatening to use live rounds over the weekend and today to stop the Hong Kong students.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
In Iran the moderate Muslims want the hard-line Muslims out of power as they are alienating Iran against the rest of the world. Just power play.
HK is something different. HK is a financial power house with the rest of the world but only if left alone to do it's thing. But the mainland Chinese wants a piece of the cake but their style of business will kill HK and the people of HK know that. But the Chinese WILL kill to bring HK into the fold.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
The reports said protesters chanted anti-government slogans in a number of locations around the country, a day after the government increased the price of regular petrol to 15,000 rials ($0.13) a litre from 10,000 rials

Let me get this straight.

They raised the price from the equivalent of @ 33cents/gallon, to a whopping 50cents/gallon? I doubt the cost itself is the issue...

and also rationed it.

Ok, I can see that causing problems, but I guess it depends on to what extreme it was rationed?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Looks like Iranians are getting a little tired of a crushing economic war imposed on them and voting with their fire bombs. Watch out for Iran to take on a foreign adversary to gell the locals, looks like Iran just hijacked new vessel in The red Sea www.jpost.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Isn't that the way Iran ALWAYS looks?

I don't think I've ever seen them at peace - within' or without.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

looks like Iran just hijacked new vessel in The red Sea

Houthi rebels in Yemen hijack vessel in Red Sea - Saudi report

The rebels that Saudi are at war with may be backed by Iran but they are not Iran.

The US backed Iraq in the Iran Iraq war , does that mean the US owns everything Iraq did ?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13Sure does,...but it seem the MSM sure are keeping it hush-hush, not newsworthy enough I reckon.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, I made this prediction a few years ago. If it's to happen it would happen in the next 2 years approximately.

Collapse of Iran.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
a reply to: silo13Sure does,...but it seem the MSM sure are keeping it hush-hush, not newsworthy enough I reckon.

Not necessarily.

Iran-aligned rebels have hijacked a vessel south of the Red Sea, the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen said on Monday.

Saudi Arabia’s state-run news agency quoted coalition spokesman Col. Turki al-Malki as saying that Houthi rebels seized the vessel while it was towing a South Korean drilling rig the previous day.

Al-Malki said the “attack” threatens vital shipping routes in the Bab al-Mandeb strait, used for oil shipments from the Gulf to Europe, as well as goods from Asia to Europe.
abcnews.go.com...

It's part of the ongoing war between Yemeni rebels and Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The current MSM? Donald Trump could cure cancer and give everyone in the country a million dollars and they would figure out ways to bad mouth him. If they ran this story that would be giving him credit for having policies that are making a difference in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Regime Change protests the usual. It always starts with the claims that they are protesting because of fuel prices.
Ask yourselves why arent there any protests in Saudi Arabia? is it because people really love the regime there?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Iran is not Iraq, nor Syria either way these regime change in Iran would last very short.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Maybe it's because SA was allowed to nationalize their oil and sell it freely on the world market?

Ever wonder why SA gets a Muslim pass but Iran doesn't? Makes you think doesn't it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join