It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible pay-to-play scheme for ambassador role in Trump administration uncovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Possible pay-to-play scheme for ambassador role in Trump administration uncovered by CBS News

www.cbsnews.com...

A CBS News investigation has uncovered a possible pay-for-play scheme involving the Republican National Committee and President Donald Trump's nominee for ambassador to the Bahamas. Emails obtained by CBS News show the nominee, San Diego billionaire Doug Manchester, was asked by the RNC to donate half a million dollars as his confirmation in the Senate hung in the balance, chief investigative correspondent Jim Axelrod reports.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ........ it is going beyond stupid at this point :

"Did you feel like they were putting the arm on you?" Axelrod asked.

"No, I didn't. That's part of politics. It's unbelievable. You give and you give and you give and you give some more and more and more," Manchester said.

"Does any part of you feel if you had just cut the check for $500,000 that you would be the ambassador to the Bahamas?" Axelrod asked.

"No, because first of all, you have to get out of committee and you have to be voted on the floor," Manchester said. "It's a big process."

"You know what this looks like," Axelrod said.

"Well -- it looks like it to you. But it's not the facts," Manchester said. "My wife gave out of separate funds and she in fact loves Donald Trump."

I guess we have a new witness for the Dim's to call forth.........even though he denied everything Axelrod asked him.

Jebus Christ.......these people will go to any lengths to sully Trump's name.

They have a double barrelled shotgun loaded with poop pellets and they keep firing away hoping and praying one pellet will stick to Trump. This is a obvious attempt by CBS to distort the facts.... doesn't matter to them....they got the headline out and people will assume it is true without bothering to read the actual story.

They post a news story that actually debunks their own headline for the story... incredible.
edit on 18-11-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Man... I wish you guys had spent this much time investigating democrat presidents as you do Trump. Hell, for that matter, all political positions. Corruption wouldn't exist and the US would be a better place.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
CBS News
Communist
Bull
$h__
News

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Man... I wish you guys had spent this much time investigating democrat presidents as you do Trump. Hell, for that matter, all political positions. Corruption wouldn't exist and the US would be a better place.

Wasn't Trump going to "drain" the swamp, not clutter it up?

Wasn't Trump 'not part of the establishment' or was 'one of the people' like you and the average American?

Let's just go with the "there's corruption on all sides" and let also CBS is fake news blah blah blah. I. E. Not trumps fault.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Wasn't Trump going to "drain" the swamp, not clutter it up?

Yeah but it's unfortunate that the swamp was so quick to attempt to impeach him from day one. It's one accusation after another against him. Who can fight those odds all at once? However, I still have hope that he's able to get a foothold in there and start taking them out. It's very difficult when the swamp is the size of the entire government. Goes to show you just what we're up against and what's really wrong with this country.

Wasn't Trump 'not part of the establishment' or was 'one of the people' like you and the average American?

We never said that Trump was like us. He was the first and only person that stood up against the corrupt government in a time when there were enough people who were also sick and tired of the government and the place it was taking us. He offered to get rid of the corruption. Perhaps he didn't know just how deep it went or how powerful they were. You can see one hell of an example of their power by looking at the the whole democratic party and many of his own party. They were against him BEFORE the win, tied to get rid of him since the DAY he was elected and every day SINCE that election... They have done NOTHING, not one single thing but go after Trump.

Democratic leader... What have you done these past 4 years?
- Well... We tried to impeach the President of the United States!
Why?
- He's not one of us. We don't like him!

And that is how it goes...

Let's just go with the "there's corruption on all sides" and let also CBS is fake news blah blah blah. I. E. Not trumps fault

We're not stupid. We know where the fault lies. It's been rearing its ugly head since day one of this term (and long before). If you can't see it... I'm sorry, really sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One question that I have is why in the hell do we need to have all these Ambassadors? With how technology is today why do we need all of these people oversees when typically business can happen electronically. Seems like an easy foothold for corruption both ways but also a huge waste of taxpayer money.

What good does having these people actually do? Asking a serious question and I don't know the answer

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Swamp fights back....yawn.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Epstein is easily murdered in a high security prison with no witnesses or camera evidence but somehow those same people can't do anything about Trump except a thinly veiled smear campaign? Yeah right! 😂

Trump is where he is because those in power want him there, otherwise he would have gone the same way as Epstein 3 years ago. You guys are delusional if you think Trump is doing anything other than what his puppet masters tell him to.

Ridiculously huge tax cut for the wealthy elite that own our "representatives"? Check. Terrorists being armed with weapons deals to Saudi Arabia? Check. Our country being hopelessly divided by the media and Washington? Check. Divide and conquer? Double check.

But yeah, Trump is totally MAGA'ing and working for the average Joe. He can relate to the average person so well with that silver spoon that's been fused into his mouth since birth. 😂

Say it with me: a billionaire politician cares about us! A billionaire politician cares about us! Say it enough times and you'll start believing too! Thank God the establishment media has turned him into a faux martyr in the process, they've made believing that lie so much easier. 🤡🤡🤡
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Well I guess that wraps it up then. Since Trump wasn't actually a Democrat Manchurian candidate in disguise who nominated straight up Democrat supporting voters for all his government posts and appointments, people who never, ever did anything except vote Democrat and donate to Democrat approved causes and politicos, there is nothing but pay for play involved here.

Get a rope!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The emails where Clinton's people are admitting pay to play is meaningless, this is so terrible to them though.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"Does any part of you feel if you had just cut the check for $500,000 that you would be the ambassador to the Bahamas?" Axelrod asked.

Any part of you feel..............

If I was that dude I would have said something like "Hell yes..... my left pinky toe was quite upset!!! IMPEACH HIM NOW

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Because it's about feelings, not about whether or not a thing actually happened now. We're into the territory of thoughtcrime.

It's sort of old-school Japan where perception is more important than truth.
edit on 18-11-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Axel rod is a communist and former Obama handler. Who would be surprised.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Epstein is easily murdered in a high security prison with no witnesses or camera evidence but somehow those same people can't do anything about Trump except a thinly veiled smear campaign? Yeah right! 😂

and here we go with the apples to car parts rant. first the WH is NOT A PRISON and trump is NOT A CHILD SEX FOR THE POWERFUL leader. so how again are they alike? but to give an adult answer to a childish rant. Maybe because THE FACTS dont support their claims , their attempts have FAILED over and over (with stormy being the ONLY ONE IN COURT , she LOST and had to pay his lawyer fees) so "smear campaign" is all they have.

Trump is where he is because those in power want him there, otherwise he would have gone the same way as Epstein 3 years ago. You guys are delusional if you think Trump is doing anything other than what his puppet masters tell him to.

right, he is a puppet for some "masters". That is why from day one they try to impeach him, try every charge in the book , and fight him at every level. But he is a puppet . Man you cant even keep your rants in some even remotely plausable level can you.

Ridiculously huge tax cut for the wealthy elite that own our "representatives"? Check.
um if someone PAYS TAXES then they got a cut. From "wealthy" to "average joe". If your not paying taxes and/or also getting welfare disquised as tax refund (ex EIC) then OF COURSE YOUR NOT GONNA GET MORE BACK. duh... but hey dont let FACTS get in way of a anti trump rant right.

Terrorists being armed with weapons deals to Saudi Arabia? Check.

um you mean like the millions of CASH dollars obama sent to iran that was PROVEN. well trump isnt obama and unless you can PROVE the weapons sold to saudia arabia are in hands of terrorists then all you got is tired old accusations. BTW we do have PROOF of weapons in hands of terrorists. but it was OBAMA during the Fast and furious gun program.. opps

Our country being hopelessly divided by the media and Washington? Check. Divide and conquer? Double check.

um who has the media been attacking and negative stories from day one at level of over 75 percent again? hint it isnt democrats . not even worthy of pathetic attempt. usually your rants are better on this point

But yeah, Trump is totally MAGA'ing and working for the average Joe. He can relate to the average person so well with that silver spoon that's been fused into his mouth since birth. 😂

hmmm.. an economy doing better in the last three years than the previous 8. the stock market breaking records THREE TIMES and not sinking to last 8 year levels. unemployment lower than its been in 10 years with the african american unemployment level never seen this low in over 15 year plus. now you have gone from not even plausable to a situation that even rod sterling would not touch as an episode for the twilight zone. as for "silvwer spoon" comment even a child on the playground is laughing at that childish comment.

Say it with me: a billionaire politician cares about us! A billionaire politician cares about us! Say it enough times and you'll start believing too!

sigh... we dont have to "believe" . it is happening as I presented FACTS above. but if you want to post a childish rant this is by far out of the comment one of the best.

Thank God the establishment media has turned him into a faux martyr in the process, they've made believing that lie so much easier. 🤡🤡🤡

um the estabish media is "turned him into a faux martyr"? the same one that has over 75 to 85 plus negative/ attack stories? man you cant even keep your rants straight. this one makes the previous rod sterling one look letgit.. wow well done on the pathetic .

what is truly sad is you believe all this BS you spew time after time. You think your being logical and factual in face it being clearly shown wrong. but what is most ironic is the things you spew have been tried , repeated, altered, and tried again from the first time they realized he is a serious candidate to today. With equal failures every time.
as the latest accusations in the Ukraine case.
also you think by insulting people as a whole because they support and vote for trump will cause a change in their voting.

the truth is your failing at every level and the overall proof is the continued (not just you btw) rants and attacks on trump.

if he was so hated, his actions so clearly wrong (btw i dont agree with everything he does or the way he does it) and that all this will change voters minds....
then why are you continuing to post the way you do?

because you know (and it is clearly driving you mad as it were) that your FAILING and that it is reasonably good chance he will win again..

or as Shakespeare said so long ago .... me thinks the lady protest too much.

but if you want to rant and sound a fool than I will support you doing that with no question.
that is your right.

but also the same right allows people to call you out for posting foolish things and voting / supporting things/people you dont.

aint freedom grand.

scrounger

new topics

top topics

join