It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Impeachment Process is Driving Up President Trumps Approval Rating Even Higher.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Bloodworth

I dunno man, Trump creeps me out in a way very few people do. Like makes my skin crawl creepy.

Good thing these 'feelings' are 100% accurate and meant to be used as accurate means of judging someone....

What creeps you about trump?
Schiff has those bug eyes and lips

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caractacus

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Gryphon66

On the flip side, Trump is making no headway into those that he needs to sway.

And if the polls are somehow correct this time, it’s still a problem, considering the razor-thin margins Trump won by in three or four States.

Polls do not predict the future though, as you know.

There's too much room for sampling error in polls for them to be that interesting, especially at this stage of the election cycle.
That said, my reading of a combination of polls as they are is that nothing much has changed since 2016 in terms of Trump's support. The General Election will come down to Democrat turnout imo, which is why they have to pick the right candidate. They can't afford to split their base between moderates and further left.
Despite all the BS news media, I think Biden is their best bet as it stands. He would beat Trump imo. But will the Democrats shoot themselves in the foot again?

I agree with everything you said, except Democrat turnout being contingent on picking the right candidate.

There was a lot of talk about negative stories both foreign and domestic suppressing voter turn-out for Clinton but little discussion of how many voters were just lazy, falsely assuming Clinton would win by a landslide and not bothering to vote.

Love or hate him, President Trump is a profoundly polarizing President. Voter turn-out in 2020 should be historic regardless of Democrat Candidate. People will vote for or against the Trump Presidency.

For example, congress has notoriously low approval ratings and yet the 2018 mid-terms had higher voter turn-out than we have seen in a century.

but the clearest sign that high turnout may be approaching in 2020 is that it already arrived in 2018.

In last year’s midterm, nearly 120 million people voted, about 35 million more than in the previous midterm, in 2014, with 51 percent of eligible voters participating—a huge increase over the previous three midterms. The 2018 level represented the largest share of eligible voters to turn out in a midterm year since 1914

www.theatlantic.com...

Population of eligible voters increases about 5 million per year. That means their were 20 million more eligible voters in 2016 than in 2012. Although Clinton won the popular vote by a couple million, she actually received 2 million less votes than President Obama did in 2012.

I think 2020 will be unprecedented in voter turn out whoever runs against President Trump. 2020 will be Trump vs. Not Trump IMO.

Hate to say this, but it is what it is... if Democrats choose Mayor Pete, for example, Democrat votes will be suppressed. There are many moderate democrats and independents who are not going to vote for an openly gay President. It's not right, but it is real imo.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here's Schiffty saying what a great guy his friend is -

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

I dunno man, Trump creeps me out in a way very few people do. Like makes my skin crawl creepy.

Good thing these 'feelings' are 100% accurate and meant to be used as accurate means of judging someone....

Ya know, I so rarely got an invitation to list these, so this is super cathartic for me and I really appreciate the opportunity
:

1. Turkey Gizzard/Minge Neck
2. Spray on will-o-the-wisp hair like spun glass about to break at any second if the comb-over is disturbed
3. Standing Posture like a centaur without its hind legs (trust me, you won't be able to unsee this)
4. Bizarro fake orange color tan like an oompah-loompah
5. Incessant need to lie about Everything (even seemingly trivial things)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Who would of thought that whining 24/7 and slinging false allegations for three years would make people walk away from ya. Dem damn dems are dumber than dirt.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

When an ideology gets ridiculed on the basis of the appearance of it's representatives you know you got a problem...

Peace
edit on 18-11-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caractacus

On the flip side, Trump is making no headway into those that he needs to sway.

And if the polls are somehow correct this time, it’s still a problem, considering the razor-thin margins Trump won by in three or four States.

Polls do not predict the future though, as you know.

There's too much room for sampling error in polls for them to be that interesting, especially at this stage of the election cycle.
That said, my reading of a combination of polls as they are is that nothing much has changed since 2016 in terms of Trump's support. The General Election will come down to Democrat turnout imo, which is why they have to pick the right candidate. They can't afford to split their base between moderates and further left.
Despite all the BS news media, I think Biden is their best bet as it stands. He would beat Trump imo. But will the Democrats shoot themselves in the foot again?

I agree with everything you said, except Democrat turnout being contingent on picking the right candidate.

There was a lot of talk about negative stories both foreign and domestic suppressing voter turn-out for Clinton but little discussion of how many voters were just lazy, falsely assuming Clinton would win by a landslide and not bothering to vote.

Love or hate him, President Trump is a profoundly polarizing President. Voter turn-out in 2020 should be historic regardless of Democrat Candidate. People will vote for or against the Trump Presidency.

For example, congress has notoriously low approval ratings and yet the 2018 mid-terms had higher voter turn-out than we have seen in a century.

but the clearest sign that high turnout may be approaching in 2020 is that it already arrived in 2018.

In last year’s midterm, nearly 120 million people voted, about 35 million more than in the previous midterm, in 2014, with 51 percent of eligible voters participating—a huge increase over the previous three midterms. The 2018 level represented the largest share of eligible voters to turn out in a midterm year since 1914

www.theatlantic.com...

Population of eligible voters increases about 5 million per year. That means their were 20 million more eligible voters in 2016 than in 2012. Although Clinton won the popular vote by a couple million, she actually received 2 million less votes than President Obama did in 2012.

I think 2020 will be unprecedented in voter turn out whoever runs against President Trump. 2020 will be Trump vs. Not Trump IMO.

Hate to say this, but it is what it is... if Democrats choose Mayor Pete, for example, Democrat votes will be suppressed. There are many moderate democrats and independents who are not going to vote for an openly gay President. It's not right, but it is real imo.

Maybe, but it might also stoke turnout in the estimated 5% of the population that identifies as LGBT.

I also think there is some percentage of Dems that would not vote Warren as they can't imagine a woman POTUS, but that it would also stoke progressives women voters to turn out.

All of those worries are baked into the Biden math and is why pundits and GOP see him as the greatest likely threat, older white male with blue collar vibe. The problem is that Joe Biden isn't exactly crushing it on the campaign stage, but he is vanilla enough where partisan voters can simply cheer "Not Trump!".

I still think that the voting population has been both highly motivated and highly divided along party lines during the past few years and we will see both historic turnout and more partisan decision making than past elections.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Caractacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

When an ideology gets ridiculed on the basis of the appearance of it's representatives you know you got a problem...

Peace

Oh I completely agree.

Fortunately I'm not referencing an ideology, just a man.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Also here:

In the Trump era, college students are voting in record numbers.

In 2018, 7.5 million college students who were eligible to vote went to the polls.
That was a 40 percent turnout, more than double the rate four years earlier, according to researchers at Tufts University.

www.politico.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

And I completely agree with you. it just didn't seem worth the effort to me to even write it up.

Peace
edit on 18-11-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Caractacus

To go along with this I believe the youth vote, who primarily leans Dem, is now the largest voting block. The only problem is that they are also the least likely to actually vote. If the Dems could actually put forward a candidate that galvanizes the youth vote, much like Obama did in 2008, they would have 2020 in the bag.

That's why I think Bernie is their best pick. He has the highest appeal among that 18-29 demographic. The Never Trumpers are going to vote regardless, so why not go with the person that can bring in an untapped vein of potential voters? There's a reason why, even going back to 2016, Bernie is the only candidate that consistently beats Trump in head-to-head polls.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ya know, I so rarely got an invitation to list these, so this is super cathartic for me and I really appreciate the opportunity
:

2. Spray on will-o-the-wisp hair like spun glass about to break at any second if the comb-over is disturbed
3. Standing Posture like a centaur without its hind legs (trust me, you won't be able to unsee this)

Lol Turkey neck...you must really be looking.

Spray on hair? You ever see that interview where some lady ruffles up trumps hair to test it.
Guy is how old and still has hair like that, pretty impressive

His posture? Looks fine to me

Fake tan...I know trump is a white straight Male and all is on the table...but going after someone's skin color. Only can be done to a white person.

So weird seeing people like you and Democrats cry racism and make it very serious to speak about someone's skin color. But then trump arrives and making fun of someone's skin color is now fine.

Imagine saying anything about Obama's skin color,
I feel like I can be reprimanded right now, just for questioning that.

Funny thing is if the next president is colored or a female, all of the liberals wont be able to criticize anything. They have been programmed not to.

So get it out while you guys can, because you cant do it after trump..

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

:

Spray on hair? You ever see that interview where some lady ruffles up trumps hair to test it.

Fake tan...I know trump is a white straight Male and all is on the table...but going after someone's skin color. Only can be done to a white person.

So weird seeing people like you and Democrats cry racism and make it very serious to speak about someone's skin color. But then trump arrives and making fun of someone's skin color is now fine.

Funny thing is if the next president is colored or a female, all of the liberals wont be able to criticize anything. They have been programmed not to.

You asked for my takes on the guy and now you're getting in a huff when I list them? There's nothing I've listed thats more awful than Schiff's bug eyes and weird lips or whatever you took issue with.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

To go along with this I believe the youth vote, who primarily leans Dem, is now the largest voting block. The only problem is that they are also the least likely to actually vote. If the Dems could actually put forward a candidate that galvanizes the youth vote, much like Obama did in 2008, they would have 2020 in the bag.

The 2018 mid-terms showed a 40% increase in the college age voter. I assume that extends more or less to the youth vote.

I don't disagree that a candidate like Bernie would galvanize the youth vote, but I also believe a candidate like Trump has already galvanized the youth vote. Lot's of kids eager to give the middle finger at the Ballot box regardless of Dem nominee. After all, I doubt that local reps were so exciting as to account for a 40% uptick in mid-term voters in 2018.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

2018 also saw an increase in Bernie-style candidates. Many of whom got elected.

While 2016 saw a 1% increase in youth voters over 2012 it was nowhere close to what came out in 2008. On top of that only about 18% of youth voters were excited by Hillary as a candidate.

The thing about youth voters is that while they primarily identify as Liberal, they don't necessarily identify as Democrat. They're not going to come out in large numbers just because of the letter next to someone's name. They need to be excited about the candidate and feel that it is someone that actually cares about the future they're going to inherit.

They don't want someone that is just going to do business as usual and kowtow to the corporations.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

:

You asked for my takes on the guy and now you're getting in a huff when I list them? There's nothing I've listed thats more awful than Schiff's bug eyes and weird lips or whatever you took issue with.

Ok.....have a nice day

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You too bud!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Agree on everything you said.

I just wonder if Anti-Trump sentiment motivation among youth voters is significant enough to replace Obama style candidate.

I think maybe.

A Sanders candidate would likely boost the youth vote, but it would also scare some moderates that would otherwise vote Dem.

So it is a question of who is more likely to show up and "hold their nose". Youth have more passion aka anger IMO and would vote for Biden more than older moderate dems would vote for Sanders.

Just my 2 cents. A political analyst would know the numbers and make a better prediction, although I think 2020 will be unpredictable

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yeah, hoo boy ... Trump was ahead for THREE WHOLE DAYS!!

Here is a seven-day look at average approval ratings for Trump in 2019 and Obama in 2011:

September 18: Trump 44.3 percent vs. Obama 43.9 percent
September 17: Trump 44 percent vs. Obama 43.8 percent
September 16: Trump 44.1 percent vs. Obama 43.9 percent
September 15: Trump 43.9 percent vs. Obama 44 percent
September 14: Trump 43.8 percent vs. Obama 44 percent
September 13: Trump 43.3 percent vs. Obama 43.9 percent
September 12: Trump 43.4 percent vs. Obama 43.7 percent
September 11: Trump 43.1 percent vs. Obama 43.3 percent

Newsweek, the OP's Source

AS one of the comments said and its likely true The media thought Obama was the messiah.

Imagine just an unbiased media for Trump his ratings likely rise even higher

Hmmm... speaking of messiahs ... and worship.

LOL not at all. Would have thought the Dems would have came up with a candidate that would have rolled Trump by now, instead they turned him into the teflon Don. Nothing the left throws at him sticks, and he just grows his base while the Democrats are sacrificing the most ballyhooed, experienced candidate in trying to catch Donny again. For Warren or Sanders who will crash the economy if there just a real hint they may get elected. You would have thought with as lousy the left says Trump is they could have found someone any one. This crop of candidates is such weak sauce they would likely get drilled by Dukakis and Mondale LOL.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Attn!

Info shared in Schiff's dungeon this past Saturday that requires the transcripts to be released IMMEDIATELY, or further testimonies DELAYED.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join