It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Gets a "Shout out" on George Knapp's second Podcast

page: 1

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I figured I post this not only because the site gets a "shout out", but also because George Knapp's interview with Bob Stodal is something everyone with an interest in Area-51 should listen to.

Bob Stodal was George Knapp's boss back in those heady days when "Dennis" first appeared on KLAS TV with his face obscured.
Bob could have told George to shut it down but he didn't... It's a pretty cool look inside the news business and, for sure, as "inside" as you can get with regard to how Area-51 went from being a base so secret it was literally "non existent", per the U.S. Government's repeated denials, to the household name it is now.

Enjoy...

www.mysterywire.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Could you paste the salient excerpts from the interview so that non-Americans can join in the fun?

Or just a taster?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Could you paste the salient excerpts from the interview so that non-Americans can join in the fun?

Or just a taster?

Forgot that folks out of the country can't view Knapp's site...

In Episode 2 of the Mystery Wire podcast, George Knapp interviews former KLAS-TV news director Bob Stoldal about the Area 51 story, and his dedication to finding out what was going on at the secret base.

Gary Francis Powers and the U-2 spy plane, the F-117A stealth fighter, a JFK visit, and a Naval Intelligence visit to the KLAS studios were all interesting parts of the story. But it was the Nevada Test Site that originally grabbed Stoldal’s interest. Nuclear bombs were being set off near Las Vegas, and the people who worked at the test site were mostly Las Vegas locals. Stoldal recognized the importance of a story that the media had come to disregard because it wasn’t a surprise anymore.

Not sure how much I'm allowed to paste here on ATS. But seeing how Mark and George are good friends. I'll let Springer decide what to moderate out of my post.👍😊

Matt Adams: To get to the genesis of all this, how did it all get started? We know how it all started videowise, the stories we’ve seen. But behind the scenes, how did it all get started?

George Knapp: Generally, we get either the credit for … or blame for … putting Area 51 on the map. that series that started 30 years ago this month. And people think it’s because of the allegations made by Bob Lazar, the wild claims. Actually, it’s another Bob that really started the ball rolling. Bob Stoldal. Robert Stoldal, in my mind, is the most important Nevada journalist since Mark Twain. He was the news director at Channel 8 for about 30 years. He set the standard. He was the gold standard. He was the example for all the other news organizations in town.

edit on 17-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Sorry about that, I can't put the video up.
George does mention that they are working on getting the EU clearance done as soon as possible, it just hasn't happened yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: ConfusedBrit
Sorry about that, I can't put the video up.
George does mention that they are working on getting the EU clearance done as soon as possible, it just hasn't happened yet.

He better hurry up........cos we're leaving........very soon I hope.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You're good man.

And thank you.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this!

"Yea, ATS, this is right in their wheel house" -- George Knapp

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

If you leave you'll be able to see the site.
That is NOT an endorsement on BREXIT, one way or the other by me, just pointing out a factoid. ;-)

-Mark
edit on 11-17-2019 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing this with us! Awesome!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It is good to meet you.

I could reference ATS on my community, too, if you wish. It would be my pleasure, and the least I could do.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Wait, so you're saying the EU has some sort of Chinese style firewall to block websites that the govt doesn't approve of??

I had no idea they were this far down the road to tyranny. No wonder Brexit is occurring. Geez!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Wait, so you're saying the EU has some sort of Chinese style firewall to block websites that the govt doesn't approve of??

No, it's the other way around.

The EU doesn't have to approve any thing, people getting personal information from EU citizens need to follow some rules.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: eletheia

If you leave you'll be able to see the site.
That is NOT an endorsement on BREXIT, one way or the other by me, just pointing out a factoid. ;-)

-Mark

The GDPR legislation passed by the EU is part of UK law and will remain so, Brexit or no Brexit.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyTooThe GDPR legislation passed by the EU is part of UK law and will remain so, Brexit or no Brexit.

and by god it's annoying

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
opera web browser here in the UK with VPN, its the only way i have been able to access that site and its worth doing its a great site.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Back to the meat of the matter, I watched the Bob Stodal interview on YouTube and found it fascinating, especially the historical facts dating back to the 1950s. When the subject of aliens pops up, he shuffles uncomfortably as he recalls meeting Lazar for the first time at John Lear's place when Lazar's name was still under wraps, although George saw his name in Lear's 'signing in' logbook!

Stodal was clearly concerned about such tabloid-style stories, and since he was unimpressed by Lazar in person at their first meeting compared to his initial TV performance as "Dennis", he was suitably cautious, the question of "IS This True?" trumping any considerations such as "What IF this is true...?" - a wise journalistic head at work.

It seems massive public interest drove Stodal's decision to override such tabloid concerns, even though documentation on 'Dennis' was a prime concern. He refers to existing ancient files on Area-51 that revealed 'something' was going in at the test site. He also asked a hesitant Lazar to sketch the craft, and the willingness to undergo a lie detector test seemed to fortify the story for Stodal, including the old article about Lazar's jet car and employment at Los Alamos. Arguably not enough fortification.

Despite the huge public interest driving the story, I get the impression Stodal remains slightly embarrassed about it all - as he said, "There were a lot of unanswered questions bugging us". He doesn't elaborate, but the notorious lack of educational documents for Lazar and the lack of proof of employment at S4 were most likely some of those questions... which still bug the case today and will not go away, especially when what we have boils down to nothing more than a Story with no corroboration.

Overall, and more generally, I thought it was a very impressive and intelligent YT channel.

edit on 18-11-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

No, website owners will block the ability to view their sites from certain IP ranges out of fear of being fined, and or dragged into a lawsuit in the EU...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Cool, now lets get ATS back on the Conspiracy train and off the political train. I understand, politics = revenue but I used to come to this site to read about alternative news....VARIOUS NEWS. The front page is nothing but politics and its sad.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This entire forum has become mainstream skepics. too afraid to talk about sandy hook because of the stigma.
I wouldnt come here for real conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I was watching one of the History channels last week about UFO/Aliens ect.

It was talking about how people’s mind as been turned around in recent years and how people are more open about this.

It then went onto blame this on the internet and on sites like ATS, this is where it showed a clip of of someone on ATS and continued to say that people had a ‘safe place’ to talk about their own siting’s and theories.👍👍

Shame that the main topics are all about American politics now...used to be my main go to site....now I only pop on now and again😔
edit on 20-11-2019 by panicman66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join