It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news on the trade war...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
So about that powdered milk factory they just opened....

www.dairyreporter.com...

Who would buy that much milk powder??

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So, what I see here is..... American taxpayers are paying an extra tax to bail out farmers who are losing money because they chose to grow cash crop soybeans to sell to China, rather than food for Americans. What a bunch of crap. Oh, and trump is claiming victory in a trade war by settling for China promising to buy more us products.

When, In fact, just 5 months ago China was offering to buy more us goods, ban future tech transfers to themselves with us oversight, stop giving cheap loans to their businesses, stop subsidizing their businesses, and allow western bankers to buy controlling interests in Chinese banks.

But trump and the tech and military groups got greedy, so now we just get the first bit where China promises to buy more goods. That’s not a victory; it’s a massive blunder created by hubris.

Oh, and I see a lot of imbeciles, who have no clue about economic reality, Insulting others for not understanding economic theory.

Good times.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Sigh. Trade negotiations with everyone besides China. Which includes milk.

*Sigh* Dairy exports were up in 2018 over 2017 despite the 'trade negotiations'.

edit on 21-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: πŸ‘β€πŸ•

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Who would buy that much milk powder??

I don't know? Maybe use an article that tells you this next time so we don't have to guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sigh. Trade negotiations with everyone besides China. Which includes milk.

*Sigh* Dairy exports were up in 2018 over 2017 despite the 'trade negotiations'.

LOL thanks for proving my point.

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Proving your point? Shouldn't they be done if this involved China trade?

posted on Nov, 23 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Proving your point? Shouldn't they be done if this involved China trade?

So disingenuous with your posts.

I never implicitly attributed it with China trade. I said policy. Trade policy. You are aware that we trade with many countries besides China simultaneously, yes? I would assume so. Trump went after NAFTA first. That might as well be like a trade war, considering the interests involved.

Exports are up, our prices (at least in my area) are down. And yes, these things can be attributed to a change in trade policy.

What exactly are you arguing against again?
edit on 23-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Exports are up, our prices (at least in my area) are down.

Prices are down in the Untied States as has been pointed out people are drinking less milk, that's how supply and demand works, you cannot have higher exports and domestics consumption with lower domestic prices. The exports to country's other than China is picking up the slack for lower domestic consumption which in turn leads to lower domestic pricing.

And speaking of being disingenuous you interjected milk into the tariff situation when milk isn't tariffed and our now shifting the goals posts to make it sound like you were talking about all trade agreements when my post that you initially quoted and the several after specifically referred to China and tariffs.

edit on 24-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: πŸ‘β€πŸ•

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Powdered milk is used quite a bit in the scientific field as a blocking agent. It is cheap and the proteins in it are good blockers to rule out specific bindings when researching.

Not sure if that is where it all is going but it does have its uses besides general drinking

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

Since we are way of topic anyway....a couple of years ago there was this thing in China with their powered babymilk.

As a consequence we had to ransion our babymilk to only two cans per person because Chinese would buy the store empty.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join