It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news on the trade war...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The "bailout" is funded by the tariffs, making it more an example of targeted earmarks than a bailout. In short, they're working and will continue to do so to the maximum benefit of the USA so long as nothing retarded, like a return to liberal self ankle grabbing or globalist-driven self subjugation, happens.

I've noticed economic theory really isn't in the antiTrumper wheelhouse. They should stick to their strong points of spontaneous outrage, pissing, whining, crying, bitching, and the like and avoid topics they're particularly weak on like foreign policy, domestic policy, the Constitution, economics, and graceful behavior.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah...when all else fails...deny, deflect, deflate, discredit...

I'm pretty sure that this pissing match with the Chinese going to be won easily.

Your foreign policy is the best, let me tell you folks. Probably the best foreign policy in the world....

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah...when all else fails...deny, deflect, deflate, discredit...

I'm pretty sure that this pissing match with the Chinese going to be won easily.

Your foreign policy is the best, let me tell you folks. Probably the best foreign policy in the world....

Peace

Don't know about you but I'm happy paying more for stuff just so i can keep on winning, cop that lefties....

edit on 18-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ScepticScot

Shift investment capital over to taiwan instead of China and Ill bet you that will change.

My company got away from China before the tariffs and we're a small cap start up.

Chinese exports are about $2.5 trillion a year.

You don't just switch that over to other countries without impacting on the price consumers pay.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The "bailout" is funded by the tariffs, making it more an example of targeted earmarks than a bailout. In short, they're working and will continue to do so to the maximum benefit of the USA so long as nothing retarded, like a return to liberal self ankle grabbing or globalist-driven self subjugation, happens.

I've noticed economic theory really isn't in the antiTrumper wheelhouse. They should stick to their strong points of spontaneous outrage, pissing, whining, crying, bitching, and the like and avoid topics they're particularly weak on like foreign policy, domestic policy, the Constitution, economics, and graceful behavior.

Economic theory is very much against tariffs.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

There is always more than one avenue.

Not with manufacturing LED wafers in bulk, try setting up an operation here, you'll be looking at massive capital outlay and dealing with state and Federal EPA guidelines on the reactor use.

What you're making is not large scale production, just to give you an idea there were 100,000,000 downlights sold here in 2018 that were LED. That's just one category in a huge market, there is no capacity here to produce that volume.

edit on 18-11-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Milk is not something that's imported from China so would not be impacted by tariffs one way or another.

No, but it was expensive under Obama, for whatever reason.

Now its not. Hmm.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That's nice but not really relevant.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know the capacity isn't there.

It can be. This is why over-regulating industry is so destructive. This does not mean that we give in. We should be able to reach an equitable trade deal with China and ensure that our intellectual property isnt stolen, our products are safe, and that our national security is intact.

Some things are more important than the price of OLED films.

edit on 11 18 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know the capacity isn't there.

It can be. This is why over-regulating industry is so destructive. This does not mean that we give in. We should be able to reach an equitable trade deal with China and ensure that our intellectual property isnt stolen, our products are safe, and that our national security is intact.

Some things are more important than the price of OLED films.

That's a different and entirely legitimate argument.

It'd possible to make a good case for using protectionist measures to counter unfair trading practises. I am not convinced they will be that effective but it's a reasonable discussion to have.

That's however completely different from the claim that tariffs are having a beneficial affect on the economy.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

It can be.

Not one of the majors has taken any measures to manufacturer their own wafers or luminaires despite a near 50% increase in some cases, it's just easier to pass that cost on to the end user than try to make hundreds of millions of units here and deal with the EPA and the byproducts of metal deposition.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

i cannot get my head around the font choice

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not?

I only use twitter to follow Trump tweets and comic sans seemed like the logical choice...

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We're talking about one product here and it is something very specific.

Again, some things are more important. Like not having our electronics backdoored by chinese hardware hacking.

I did not claim that tariffs are beneficial. Only that the currency devaluation in China has largely staved off most of what would be a serious problem.

Clearly that cant go on forever and it wont.
edit on 11 19 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

That's nice but not really relevant.

It is nice, and in a round about way, it is relevant.

Policy.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

China doesn't import milk, that's a supply and demand function for milk. People are probably drinking less of it which lowers the price.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

China doesn't import milk, that's a supply and demand function for milk. People are probably drinking less of it which lowers the price.

Darn millennials drinking Soya.

www-eater-com.cdn.ampproject.org... mp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15742066997411&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eater.com%2F20 19%2F3%2F26%2F18282831%2Fmilk-sales-fall-2018-plant-based-alternatives

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

There you go. But it's foreign policy winning.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sigh. Trade negotiations with everyone besides China. Which includes milk.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Financially no. They are in between the 6th and 7th level of hell. Whatddya think they're gonna do in mainland China when they find out their money is gone?

But outside of that, all roses.
edit on 20-11-2019 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join