It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news on the trade war...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not the most savvy on your politics but I have been following this US-China trade war and was still wondering how that promise of an easy win was panning out.

Well this just in...

Great news right...??

I just can't really get my head around how this really looks like a bailout for US farmers paid for by US taxpayers...

Maybe I misunderstand.

Peace

edit on 17-11-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

The way it works is we collect a tax on specific goods coming in from China. Then that some money is given back to the farmers since they’re the ones China targeted. I guess you could say the US citizens are paying more for goods from China, but I’m gonna need to see proof because I haven’t noticed a difference at all since the trade war got started.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I just can't really get my head around how this really looks like a bailout for US farmers paid for by US taxpayers...

Chinese taxpayers. These are tariffs.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
To understand all things China, one must research all things China. This is because the MSM won't properly report on the sleeping dragon.

Why won't they? That's where diligent research will help you. Globalists see China as the next economic (and military) superpower and view China's mix of communism with capitalism as the next model for societal control (how would your "social credit" score be?)

Comparing the conversion of tariff dollars to aid farmers to a bank bailout isn't a good comparison although I understand how on the surface they might seem the same.

China, without a doubt, is by far a much bigger threat than Russia.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Awe man.... I was waiting for all that doom and gloom we were supposed to get when we went through these tariffs.

This IS good news. Thanks for the info. Tariff money going to farmers isn't a bad deal. China thought it would hurt the farmers to try and turn it around on Trump but Trump was looking after the farmers to put the money were it was needed.

Smart!

Still... "haters gonna hate".

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That's where diligent research will help you. Globalists see China as the next economic (and military) superpower and view China's mix of communism with capitalism as the next model for societal control (how would your "social credit" score be?)

Is that so? I've been under the impression from many sources that China isn't doing too hot right now.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So still no trade deal agreed yet the second payout from the 16 Billion aid package is good news ?
Is there any evidence that "China is starting to buy big again" or is that just another baseless claim in a string of baseless claims made by Donald Trump ?
Just curious.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

That's where diligent research will help you. Globalists see China as the next economic (and military) superpower and view China's mix of communism with capitalism as the next model for societal control (how would your "social credit" score be?)

Is that so? I've been under the impression from many sources that China isn't doing too hot right now.
Views and current trends typically overlap.

China, if continuing at their previous double digit rates, would surpass the US by sheer numbers only. Not necessarily in tech or other industry, but by GDP alone as a result of their massive population.

I believe what Gut was trying to say was the way china has been developing and what it has been doing in regards to censorship and control, Globalist love that kind of stuff and thus were prepping for a potential global shift in power at some point.

Currently, not sure on their current status, however, they are experiencing a massive inbalance sex ration and their work force is diminishing at a point where they want more, like Americans.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So still no trade deal agreed yet the second payout from the 16 Billion aid package is good news ?
Is there any evidence that "China is starting to buy big again" or is that just another baseless claim in a string of baseless claims made by Donald Trump ?
Just curious.
There really isn't any reason to answer you simply because TDS, yeah you notice the OP put this in the mudpit?, however phase one is due to be signed soon, but the chinese are afraid to put any number on their end of the bargain, in an ill attempt to not makes things too absolute, but maintain some form of leverage as well.

Regardless of your opinions, Trump has them sweating and second guessing their moves and choices carefully.

Did you forget why we are in a trade war? Because of inbalance trade, because technology acquisition, a poor workforce to cut our competition and currency manipulators.

You should focus on your brexit, last I heard, you guys have ZERO ideal on trade, should just cut a deal with Trump, join in on USMCA 😌

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah...I was kind of hoping my sarcasm would be a little more obvious this time...I might give up on sarcasm as a whole.

To me it seems like a government bailout because of a failed foreign trade policy.

Peace
edit on 17-11-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I guess you could say the US citizens are paying more for goods from China, but I’m gonna need to see proof because I haven’t noticed a difference at all since the trade war got started.

You could say? It 100% increases the cost of goods sold here.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Yeah...they hit an orange brick wall.
We'll see how it all plays out.

I don't put too much stock in dreams as a prophetic device but when I was 12 or 13 I had a very vivid and disturbing dream where China invaded us and was in control. Don't know where it came from because I'd never thought much about China--or world affairs for that matter--at that point.

However, it stuck with me and is one reason why I have kept up with China and understand why Trump is very focused on them.

We needed good relations with Russia if we were to attempt this which is why the globalists have done everything they can to paint Russia as an existential threat when the only true existential threat--at this point--is China.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

There really isn't any reason to answer you simply because TDS

Of course.

however phase one is due to be signed soon

Phase one is the part covering existing trade ?

Did you forget why we are in a trade war?

Orange man bad ?

You should focus on your brexit, last I heard, you guys have ZERO ideal on trade, should just cut a deal with Trump, join in on USMCA

There is no Brexit , like the famous Norwegian Blue Parrot it has expired.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well said.... The China threat goes way beyond the trade wars... TPTB want and have selected China as the model for their NWO aspects. Plus a factor not taken into consideration... China doesnt want out GMO crops and use whatever they do buy as livestock feed... Which they then sell back to us... SAY NO TO GMO.a reply to: The GUT

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yeah...I was kind of hoping my sarcasm would be a little more obvious this time

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

It's a refund more than anything.

Why some people have this animosity towards the people who grow the food is beyond me. Life would be easier if we don't have to divert millions of gallons of water so city dwellers can have swimming pools in the desert.
edit on 17-11-2019 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No doubt. They would certainly have the manpower for it. Getting over here without being blasted out the sky... that's a different story but then again... One big nuke high in the sky and no more lights for the US. Could happen.

I often wondered if the satellites they owned that "spun out of control" really just spun out of control on purpose. Could be a threat in disguise.

If they don't put it to use now, their population will start feasting on itself and self destructing from within. Especially now that their people has a taste of American Freedom. Technology can't be hidden from everyone at the rate it's expanding. At some point soon, China will end up HAVING to become democratic or risk a serious civil war that they're sure to lose. That massive army of people and free people could very easily turn on their own.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

like the famous Norwegian Blue Parrot it has expired.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Chinese taxpayers. These are tariffs.

The US government has a lot of power, but one thing it certainly can't do is apply taxes in China.

US Tariffs are paid in America not China.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not everyone shops at Walmart. Buy local buy American.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join