It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a Boomer unless:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Personally, when someone replies to me with "Ok, Boomer." as if to dismiss my words with a new meme, I just say,

"Go F*%! yourself, Cuffy."

I mean, one good meme deserves another.

And the cuffy thing was more of a brilliant altercation between to mortal enemies played out over an epic 3 or 4 youtube clips, whilst the boomer one, is... so old....

lol see what I did there..

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Personally, when someone replies to me with "Ok, Boomer." as if to dismiss my words with a new meme, I just say,

And the cuffy thing was more of a brilliant altercation between to mortal enemies played out over an epic 3 or 4 youtube clips, whilst the boomer one, is... so old....

I am thor... I will make u eat horse bum.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

So I'm a boomer and over 1/2 the people who work for me at 1/2 my age can not pass a Goverment medical test to work as a contractor overseas... It is sad I pass it with flying colors and someone 30ish can't. Age isn't everything...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Veryolduser
Almost 20 years of making fun of millennials and them being the source of the problem in the American work force and economy= Totally acceptable

Less than a year of a meme that say “ok boomer”= completely unacceptable ageism

Boy you guys can sure dish it out but can’t handle it back maybe if we give you back all the participation trophy’s it will be ok?

What? I mean, your post means... nothing.

Sorry do you need me to clarify or are you simply pretending to be autistic?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
this is such a specific post i can't help but feel it's a response to one person and something they said so like maybe you should consider either giving those of us outside your skull some context, or responding in an email to said person.
Or better yet, letting go of the weird and self-contradictory hyperbole about the name that has referred to your generation for literal decades without issue, and finding some better way to occupy the little time you have left on this earth.
ok boomer

I'm happy to oblige. I'm gen x. I'm so sick of being accused of being a boomer that I've basically just accepted that i'm a boomer. It's fine. I value the things my parents did and do, being hard, strong work leading to the american dream. that is what I want for myself. I want my hard word to mean something. I have a service history but it's immaterial to this argument. I've been engaged in armed conflict on behalf of the nation. It was eye-opening. I acknowledge that most people, and lets be fair, about 2% of the population serve in a combat role, and that low figure is a testament to how #ing awesome our society is! Less that 2 % have to serve a combat role. That is a success story. When 2 in a hundred are needed to maintain the national sovereignty. 1 in 50. Let it sink in. These are volunteers. 1 in 50. We have unprecedented freedom because we nutballs seem to want to put ourselves in harms way. Because we love you and we love this country

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

I'm happy to oblige. I'm gen x. I'm so sick of being accused of being a boomer that I've basically just accepted that i'm a boomer. It's fine. I value the things my parents did and do, being hard, strong work leading to the american dream. that is what I want for myself. I want my hard word to mean something. I have a service history but it's immaterial to this argument. I've been engaged in armed conflict on behalf of the nation. It was eye-opening. I acknowledge that most people, and lets be fair, about 2% of the population serve in a combat role, and that low figure is a testament to how #ing awesome our society is! Less that 2 % have to serve a combat role. That is a success story. When 2 in a hundred are needed to maintain the national sovereignty. 1 in 50. Let it sink in. These are volunteers. 1 in 50. We have unprecedented freedom because we nutballs seem to want to put ourselves in harms way. Because we love you and we love this country

Actually 1% of the population is in the military and only 1% of them see combat. Even in WWII only about 5% saw serious combat.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually 1% of the population is in the military and only 1% of them see combat. Even in WWII only about 5% saw serious combat.

Then your assertion is that one percent of one percent "actually saw combat."
You sad #ing tool.
I'd absolutely love to show you the things I've seen
I'd love to drag your ass back into a bunker while we received indirect fire
I'd love to see your face, treating my friends for massive blood loss, knowing they won't make it.
Save it. Your platitudes are telling and damning. You don't know what the # you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Then your assertion is that one percent of one percent "actually saw combat."
You sad #ing tool.
I'd absolutely love to show you the things I've seen
I'd love to drag your ass back into a bunker while we received indirect fire
I'd love to see your face, treating my friends for massive blood loss, knowing they won't make it.
Save it. Your platitudes are telling and damning. You don't know what the # you're talking about.

In his defense he's arguing from his experience, which is limited to say the least.

Most Internet arguments end up this way, it's a sign of t h e times.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

So I'm a boomer and over 1/2 the people who work for me at 1/2 my age can not pass a Goverment medical test to work as a contractor overseas... It is sad I pass it with flying colors and someone 30ish can't. Age isn't everything...

Ok boomer your going to have to explain a little more than I pass test people half my age can’t! Please include some details.

Also some boomers have earned my respect in the work force. There was one who was an engineer who I worked under and I was supposed to fill in his position when he retired. The problem wasn’t with me or him it was with his inept gen x work coworkers who came to him with every problem. He had a Mesa level IQ and every department would come to him to solve their problems, sales, IT, shipping,accounting, management. That guy literally held the company up. You could tell this guy wanted out and was extremely tired but he wouldn’t say no to anyone! He would be angry but he would do it.

I had to leave that job because I simply couldn’t carry the weight this guy had for years. But it should be noted he helped create that situation. He didn’t let people fail the jobs on their own and so he was literally surrounded by people who didn’t know how to fix their own problems.

The company begged me to come back and was going to give me a raise in pay and asked me if it was his fault and I had to tell them no and explain I simply didn’t have 30 years of experience within the company or his level of competence to handle everyone’s problems. Once this guy decided to leave it was going to destroy the company.

All boomers act like they are the guy I talked about but Todd was actually that guy! He was a real boomer the one they all pretend to be.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sorry, sorry. I get really mad sometimes. I'm sorry. Dude, Xtrozro, Im sorry. I didn't mean to get so intense. I'm sorrry. #

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Why are you sorry, in my experience you should never be sorry that you have an opinion.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Its because I'm not always in control of my emotions.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:30 AM
link   

But I already eat McDonalds??? Oo

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I've got them now, but holy #. I was about ready to write a book. Not healthy.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Is the race horse in your avatar aware of this....

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I've got them now, but holy #. I was about ready to write a book. Not healthy.

Most folk around here already have their minds made up, it's a fools endeavour to change that.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Is the race horse in your avatar aware of this....

Race horse? He can't even trot without falling over. I keep him only because scares me.

Often, after dark, people hear the clip clop clip clop of us riding, but really it's me skipping, with two half coconut shells. No one has realised yet.

As to the McDonalds, well.. those vege burgers may not be real meat, but they still taste like horse bum.

( ps: I could have taken this in a completely different direction, but a mod would have swooped down and pecked my post up into his gnarled twisted beak, and flown away with it
)
edit on 17-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Like that's a believable story, is if you could clip clop around with half coconuts on your feet, we both know they would end up on your chest with ring of hibiscus flowers around your neck dancing to some Keith urban number.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of the state of divisive politics in the US including political ideology, politicians, political figures, politics in the media, and speculation of conspiracy theories related to the divisive state.

From the official description of the US Political Madness forum,

OP is a Rant.
edit on 17-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I think you are taking the news you turned out to be Cylon pretty well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join