It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The buying power, low population, high sales tax, what's wrong with the economy. Japan news here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Today's morning news (Sunday) on Japan TV, the news was very blunt. Clothing sales down by 10%. Liquor/alcohol sales down by a whopping 16%. And get this, car sales down by 25%. Imagine that.
Yes, we've had some really bad weather this year and I do mean really, really bad weather. Many people lost their lives and property.
Japan has over 20 million tourist a year coming here and they do buy stuff. I think if it weren't for the tourist the above figures would be much higher.
The wealthy are still spending on luxury goods, but now the everyday stuff the average person (not sure what that really means these days) really is getting hit hard with this stupid "temp" 2 year employment contract stuff that many major companies are into now. There is really hardly any job security for the newly employed person here. The most amazing thing is, due to new trade deals, imports are coming "way" down in price these days. But that just helps out a few of the major importers that their work force are temps and worse yet, foreigners here on a 3 year contract to work for the company.
The climate conditions are taking its toll. And so is reduced population and the very low birth rate.

I'm retired now and get to see like 5 out of 6 people are over 60 nowadays during the daytime. And I'm one of them. Times are changing fast here.

Please share what is happening in your country.
edit on 1100000032212019-11-16T19:21:32-06:00213211pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Let me see....

Unemployment in the USA is the lowest in generations, our wages are finally increasing. The biggest increase is for the lowest paid workers.

Our stock market is at record highs, GDP is positive and a lot of people are finally getting the chance to work themselves out of poverty.

So we're trying as hard as we can to get rid of the guy responsible for all of that.

edit on 16-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Let me see....

Unemployment in the USA is the lowest in generations, our wages are finally increasing. The biggest increase is for the lowest paid workers.

Our stock market is at record highs, GDP is positive and a lot of people are finally getting the chance to work themselves out of poverty.

So we're trying as hard as we can to get rid of the guy responsible for all of that.

Well, that's good news on the other side of the globe.
Sad what those in power are trying to do to President Trump. Never seen a President in my lifetime so Pro-American.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now ... if Japan could get their own version ... perhaps ... an Orange Ninja ???

Or just go and find Shintaro and give him and the Eager Ninja the job of running the place.

There is very old money in Japan and just a few families control the wealth.

Sound familiar?

P

ETA. The Eager Ninjas were the red shirts of their day.
edit on 16/11/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Hahaha! Well put Lumenari!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yep, you just need an orange ninja like Pheonix suggested.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Capitalism deal with it or bring it down and create a new society.

"Those who think they are free are not actually free."

Now where is my fking flying cars and space ports on Mars and Earth?
edit on 16-11-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hai.....

They need Tombei the Mist, Iga Ninja Master.

The Koka Ninjas are revolting!!.....Yes they are revolting.

Shusaku for PM.....

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
My wife says "sad and hard times await " us Japanese. The slump began with women wanting to stay single about 20 years ago.

new topics

top topics

join