It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Univar got planned for these giant SSC tunnels under Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: CraftyArrow

The tunnel system was filled initially with water. They claim it was to keep the tunnels from collapsing but I am thinking that perhaps this was also done for hydro static testing of the structure.

I worked on the Superconducting Super Collider project and the tunnel was lined with concrete segments like subway tunnels and would not have collapsed and did not need to be filled with water.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

In a nut shell that is what they are doing in Yucca Mountain. The Yucca mountain complex is what they refer geologically to as cinder cones. They are volcanic mountains so building a waste disposal site under an ancient volcanic vent is kind of crazy sounding to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I would be interested to know more about the work you did or saw being done. They might have flooded them for hydro-static testing purposes but they might have simply done it to keep people out of them until they were ready to put them to work.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

In a nut shell that is what they are doing in Yucca Mountain. The Yucca mountain complex is what they refer geologically to as cinder cones. They are volcanic mountains so building a waste disposal site under an ancient volcanic vent is kind of crazy sounding to me.

So I guess I wasn't completely off the mark then.
Hey thank you for the response and the thread first I've heard of this one.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I was doing research on a book I am working on when I came across this information. I like do do my scifi just a few weeks or years in the past and have accurate historical references in the work to make it more relevant and real to the reader. Here is the intro I have posted here for reference. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was considering adding the SSC story to this above linked reference and when I did the research on the project I ended up connecting some dots and found no news references to the facts on the subject going back for near a decade or more in some cases so instead of adding this to my future fiction book I thought to work on some kind of article that outlined the updated fact pattern with regard for the disposition of this property which has long held some fringe interest.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

That's so original!
I'm just gonna say this I think you have a winner right there!
SnF on both counts amigo and you give em hell with that endeavor.
Damn right!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Now that is interesting, deep nuclear testing? or just natural quakes?.

Fracking is bad though especially in regions with Dormant or Active faulting and it can trigger stored seismic energy allowing or causing those fault's to shift.

I'm not so sure the quakes are natural. One of the kids and grankid live in the general area and there are a few smaller military bases around there. Also I haven't really seen much in the way of drilling for natural gas, which is where the fracking comes in, although over the last few years I have run across a few articles opining that what drilling is happening could be awakening the Balcones faultline- but it's mostly speculation and it lies more to the east if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I suspect you may already know this, but a fracking operation doesn't look a drilling operation at all.

A lot of people up in Wyoming used to comment about how there couldn't be any fracking going on because they never saw any wells being drilled. That's because the wells were actually drilled in the mid-late 80's and then capped. Only now does it make financial sense to fracture the wells. Plus, fracturing technology has changed drastically since then.

edit on 11/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Great thread! SnF for you!

Very interesting. I'm going to have to look into this in more depth. Any sort of a deep underground tunnel or space, away from the eyes of the public, should be cause for concern. Who knows what some of the 'black' projects are they might be associated with.

I guess I didn't even know about these tunnels. I remember hearing about the SSC project, but I guess I thought they never really got started with it. Learn something new every day.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I suspect you may already know this, but a fracking operation doesn't look a drilling operation at all.

A lot of people up in Wyoming used to comment about how there couldn't be any fracking going on because they never saw any wells being drilled. That's because the wells were actually drilled in the mid-late 80's and then capped. Only now does it make financial sense to fracture the wells. Plus, fracturing technology has changed drastically since then.

I know quite well! When I lived in Texas there was a gas well a bit down the road. After they capped it and reopened and capped again they came back a few years later with the fracking and ruined most of the water wells in the area- including mine! After lawyers were consulted they had to pay to hook everyone in the area up to city water (sucks I know but they could afford to tie it up in court for a looong time and we all needed water).

Point being is they aren't sneaky when they start fracking- at least not in Texas. Lots of trucks and equipment start showing up at previously capped wells and they're pretty noisy. Even though the well was set back in the woods between the noise and the lights everyone in the area knew what was up and word spread fast.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I started running this down to see if it would fit in my book I am working on. The thing just dried up about a decade ago. The people that have a hand in it have all made lots of money but of course they are not going to pay that back to the tax payers. I hope I am not alone and folks will keep looking into this deal. Also if this happened in Texas on this canceled project one wonders if they have done this using this pattern on other canceled projects.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join