It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 300 cold records broken in Canada, Mexico, and the USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Here is an interesting one for the Global warmers, especially with regards to gravitational patterns caused by the moons effect, During solar minimums gravitational stresses cause volcanoes to blow in repeating patterns over time, making what would be a bit of cooling into a more serious event. Like 1815 the year without a summer when crop failures caused a lot of problems, food prices skyrocketed and civil unrest caused some problems.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

What a great video ! Unfortunately it is basic science with graphs and explanations so few will watch it and learn. He even showed some of the lies the AGW agenda people have been caught in... Thanks for adding content to the thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not another "ice age is coming" prediction - they're even more common than "the end of the world" predictions. And less reliable ......

Still, it does mean that come the 2030s, as we swelter in another record heatwave, folk on ATS will be saying "I never trust anything scientists say .... why, back in 2019 they were predicting a new ice age!"

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Every winter people start their stupid thinking that a little warming wouldn't be a bad thing.
People fail to see the big picture most of the time.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

During solar minimums gravitational stresses cause volcanoes to blow
Would you care to attempt to explain how solar minimums cause gravitational stresses?

There is a solar minimum every eleven years or so. Do Volcanoes blow every eleven years or so?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

NW Louisiana broke their record two days in a row last week. 27° and then 24°. Not a 30° gap (unless you look at the averages), but nearly 10°. That's extremely cold for Louisiana in the dead of winter, and this happened in November. Averages for this time of year are 51° for lows and 70° for highs.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I bet you'll deny the science that says a Grand Solar Minimum is about to take effect.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You mean the science of Professor Zharkova? She and her team seem to be the only ones who are predicting it, but she might be right. We'll find out in fifteen years or so, I guess. The current prediction from the Solar guys is that the next cycle will be about the same as the last one.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

As far as the results go:

Prof Zharkova told Express.co.uk: “Yes, [a temperature drop] will happen. There will be a slight drop with it hitting the lowest in about 30-40 years.”
www.express.co.uk...

But few climatologists (she isn't one) are expecting a drop in temperature to be the result if it does occur. A slowing of the rate of warming, perhaps.
edit on 11/20/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That's her... Expected to hit next year and be the worst in the last 12,500 years. Not sure how true that part is, but I wouldn't mind waking up to a white Christmas for the first time in my life. I've seen other videos and articles beside Professor Zharkova's though. The way they explained it, the sun spots will be at a minimum - per a usual solar minimum - but what makes this a "grand" solar minimum is the way we'll face a certain side of the sun, a side that doesn't push out solar flares nearly as much as normal. Once it takes effect, it will start to be felt in about 5 years.

I'll take it.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

but what makes this a "grand" solar minimum is the way we'll face a certain side of the sun, a side that doesn't push out solar flares nearly as much as normal.

The Sun rotates. We face all sides of it. Every 27 days or so.

Solar flares are not what warm the Earth.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Their are as I understand it, Solar Minimums and Grander Solar minimums, during a minimum where the sunspots are rare, we have Coronal holes where charged particles in the ones aimed at Earth hammer the Geo magnetic protection, this causes the Auroras to be seen in the lower latitudes, depending on the severity. During the Carrington event they were seen in Texas. Just like any magnet the field lines are pressured back to the Iron Nickel source of the magnet and cause internal pressures. Where the volcanoes act as pressure relief valves. If their are any other stresses at these times like the Moons gravitational pull it can mitigate of exacerbate the effect depending on the cycle of things.
Because these cycles are longer than one mans lifetime, no one remembers the Dalton minimum, or the crop failures and the departure of many people from Germany to Spain. Each peak of the maximums are now lower than the previous peaks, as a general cooling cycle kicks in. The Coronal holes cause the cosmic ray particles to act as nuclei for water vapor to form around and cause more clouds which add to cooling , and thence to more precipitation which can cause flooding or snowfall depending if its near a freezing polar front or a warmer tropical one. Whatever the cause no body seems to argue that these cycles exist just as winter spring summer and fall exist as a cycle. Its just that they are longer than seasonal changes, and the danger is that everyone seems to think this modern warming is the "Normal" where we have had a cushy period which is over.Note how "Force Majeur" is being used to get out of contract obligations.

edit on 20-11-2019 by anonentity because: adding

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
my understanding is that climate change throws out the delicate equilibrium of weather patterns and causes more extreme weather anomalies of all kinds. More and bigger tornadoes, super storms, fires, heatwaves, and, yes, cold snaps.
And we're seeing evidence of more of these kinds of things all the time.

But then, i'm just some lowly left leaning stooge, clealry brainwashed by whatever it is y'all hate today, not a mighty galaxy brain ATSlord like so many here, so what would i know

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Your understanding is lacking. Coronal holes occur any time during the solar cycle but they are more common during solar minimum. They produce what is known as a high speed solar wind, something which has much less effect on geomagnetic activity than CMEs. The Carrington event was caused by a CME, not a coronal hole. CMEs are less common during solar minimum.

Just like any magnet the field lines are pressured back to the Iron Nickel source of the magnet and cause internal pressures.
"Field lines" are not real things but during a geomagnetic storm the Earth's magnetic field is not "pressured back", it "wiggles." In any case, volcanoes do not originate from Earth's core, where its magnetic field does.

The Coronal holes cause the cosmic ray particles to act as nuclei for water vapor to form around and cause more clouds which add to cooling ,
That's a nice theory but there is not much evidence to support it. In fact there is evidence to the contrary. Due to declining solar activity, the amount of cosmic rays hitting Earth has increased for the past 50 years, while temperatures have been rising.

Whatever the cause no body seems to argue that these cycles exist
Yes. Solar cycles exist.

and the danger is that everyone seems to think this modern warming is the "Normal"
By "modern" do you mean since the last glacial period ended some 10,000 years ago, or do you mean the warming in the last 100 years or so?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Gee Phage that's a relief it is all ok and no need to take any precautions, thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What precautions were you taking before I reassured you?

Did you do similar for 2012?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: 727Sky

Gee , that seems to put a Serious Hole in the Global Warming AKA " Climate Change " Theory Right there Man . Are Manipulated People Finally Coming Around to this Seriously Flawed Science Pray Tell ?

No it does not, but facts don't matter to the alt-right echo chamber. Every year when we get the first Arctic cold these threads pop up denouncing global warming.

Meanwhile Key West broke their long standing record of most consecutive 80°+ days. The number of record highs being set still far out number the record lows.

Let me know when we have one of the coldest years on record. 18 of the 19 warmest years have occurred since 2000.

climate.nasa.gov...

I will say this again, when someone refers to Al Gore or calls AGW a religion, they are not here to have an honest intellectual discussion.
edit on 20-11-2019 by jrod because: A

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

None I was getting ready to panic, but now I am reassured.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Let me know when we have one of the coldest years on record. 18 of the 19 warmest years have occurred since 2000.

Globally, that's true.
For the US, it isn't. The US was pretty warm in the first half of the 20th century.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I thought the all time low for America was in Utah last week. But the lows don't seem to get reported.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I thought the all time low for America was in Utah last week.

No. Not "all time low" and not last week. Lowest for October in the lower 48.

All time low for the lower 48 was in Montana, in 1954.
abc7.com...

Global warming does not mean no place will ever be cold.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join