It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Source Code Will Survive the Apocalypse in an Arctic Cave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
GitHub is preparing for a different kind of the end of the world.

In their Nov 4th 2018 acquisition of GitHub I knew Microsoft was spending 7.5 billion for something, like access to the entire data compolation system run by GitHub the largest open source code repository in the world.

In Sept 2019 Microsoft then acquired the lgtm code review and analysis engine run by Semmle so they can use it to extract code for use in their Azure cloud computing environment. Now after reading this latest news and associated video of GitHub moving a backup copy of all of the open source code in their repository I am wondering how vulnerable the code-base of open source software is to real threats?

This is not unlike Svalbard Global Seed Vault near by which was also funded wiith support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I find it amusing that they think anything will survive the Apocalypse. With all the nuke plants melting down and all the oil pollution from pipline that burst. When the apocalypse flushes the crapper on this world there wont be anything left.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

I find it amusing that they think anything will survive the Apocalypse. With all the nuke plants melting down and all the oil pollution from pipline that burst. When the apocalypse flushes the crapper on this world there wont be anything left.

In five hundred years no one will know the difference or care.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

There wont be anyone left. Think of all the oil refiners that are located on the coast, look at Japan and the nuclear plants right on the ocean. Think of all the natural gas lines, the gasoline transport lines that crisscross America. The whole world will go up in a ball of fire.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Are you saying it's not going to be like it is in The Walking Dead? Everything there just stops working because there's no one to operate the equipment.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Are you saying it's not going to be like it is in The Walking Dead? Everything there just stops working because there's no one to operate the equipment.

There wont be anything left. Think of all the nuke plants all over the world melting down, think of all the pollution that is hid away and stored leaking and poluting the ground water all over the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties.

Just being real by the way I am a lot of fun at parties, how often does the subject the endtime come up? Three thing you don't bring up at parties and that is religion, politics, and the inevitability of death.

You see the earth is not my home I'm only visiting this planet.
edit on 16-11-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

There wont be anything left. Think of all the nuke plants all over the world melting down, think of all the pollution that is hid away and stored leaking and poluting the ground water all over the world.

I know, I was being facetious.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I know, I was being facetious.

I'm a little slow, now if you had bumped that up to sarcasm I would of caught on quicker.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The End is near….lol....and yes.....sometime in the future...hopefully Humans will find these caves on a Mountain Top in a warm Equatorial zone...and figure out how to decipher them so they may get to know us.

They are put in the Arctic because TPTB know the Arctic will soon be equatorial and they know it and that people will congregate there Post-Event no matter what.......same with the Seed Vault which WILL NOT move into a warmer zone so it stays cold.....everything is going to move based upon a Model they are using.Its Noahs Flood redux.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You know the seed vault is just around the corner from this new GitHub data vault right? They pass it in the video on their way to show off the open source software vault.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In that case their model must show that location hopefully maintaining itself above the surface and at stable temperatures.

A quick google and www.bing.com... ult&sc=8-10&qs=n&sk=&cvid=d55e3fd8dbe54693dd48eac2595c6113
…… we can see that the Seed Bank will remain in an extreme cold weather zone Post-Event.....

On that Map North America will be moving to the left and down to the equatorial zone with a slight twist......the seed bank will be moving up and to the left into the colder zone.

Their model show this movement so they are hoping that the land mass rises and moves in that direction...they want to keep things in the freezer post-event and up high above the debris and overburden of mud/biological materials....its a pretty close proximation IMHO>

The rotation is counter clockwise....so we can see that in 3 more cycles (3657 years)or just under 11,000 years from now the Seed Bank will be at the equator and if their model and my model are right it will be at a high altitude.
edit on 17-11-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

join