It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Andrew interview about epstein is a total farce

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The method hinders progress on phenomenon that can't be measured. You want me to come up with a way to test the "untestable“
I might be an academic of applied psychology but I'm not a fKing genius.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Space-time before its current iteration, now there is something that cannot be measured.

Can you give us some examples of untestable physical phenomena?

More often than not, an untestable hypothesis is one that is impractical, or unethical, to explore within a controlled experiment.

It's our tools and limited perspective that let us down where untestable phenomena are concerned.

And what do you know, we keep on building better tools and hypotheses all the same.

edit on 26-11-2019 by andy06shake because: Im dlunk. Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Just about everything in the discipline of analytical psychology. Placebo/nocebo. Self fulfilling prophecy. Double slit experiment but I'm busy playing fortnite just now, to get into a proper discussion on this shhh

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The problem there i imagine is your attempting to combine physics with metaphysics.

It seems to me, all the same, the phenomena you reference can indeed be measured to a degree.

Or at least the effect, or lack of, that is produced or otherwise, can be recorded and measured.

As to prophecy, well all prophecy is self-fulfilling just down to the very nature of the beast in question.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It can't be repeated with the same results happening therefore it's not valid

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Or not understood.

What other fashion would you have us gauge and measure our universe and the phenomena which occur with it rather than science and mathematics through?

I mean you see the dilemma?

What else do we have in our tool box?

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Space-time before its current iteration, now there is something that cannot be measured.

Can you give us some examples of untestable physical phenomena?

More often than not, an untestable hypothesis is one that is impractical, or unethical, to explore within a controlled experiment.

It's our tools and limited perspective that let us down where untestable phenomena are concerned.

And what do you know, we keep on building better tools and hypotheses all the same.

Consciousness and self awareness can't be measured or quantified and they are the basis for all of our scientific understanding. You could argue that until we understand them properly everything is just speculation as without them observation can't take place.

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have to say it was a car crash of an interview. For the record, i don't mind the Royals but i've never been a fan of Andrew.

I have to say though that i don't really understand all of the furore regarding Andrew in this. If true, then he had sex with a 17 year old woman - which is sleazy given his age but entirely legal in the UK. It is also possible this happened in New York - again, she is above the age of consent for New York.

That really leaves us with the trafficking angle. This is where i believe it gets tricky as how do you prove that Prince Andrew had any knowledge of trafficking? (if that part is true). From a purely common sense angle, if Epstein had trafficked this girl and then offered her to Andrew then he isn't likely to have said "enjoy this girl iv sex trafficked" is he?

It all seems a bit weird......

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Benjamin Libet did some rather interesting experiments there.

Here's the thing the brain began to act before the thought process was initiated.

This short video raises some interesting questions where consciousness is concerned.

Neuroscience is moving forward at quite the pace these days.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i Suppose if we cant get them investigated we can rip the pish clean oot them

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Was it Tesla who advocated the study of the supernatural stating the advances we would make would be gargantuan (I'm paraphrasing) But no doubt in my mind that science is hindered because of the experimental method, ingenius way to stop scientist testing the unseen/hidden/occult

100 percent agree. Science is a belief system and in respect a religion. The difference being here is it one that takes the soul out of man with its methodology of study.

But the writing is on the wall. We can see and learn for ourselves these days.

Happy days to you.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Ok if repeated experimentation hinders scientific progress please tell us how or better yet suggest a superior method of determining results? Experimentation, repetition, and refining of results through the collection and study of data is exactly the way that science functions and progress happens.

A science in which you remove the assumption that the subject and object are separate might be a good start. as demonstrated with QM)

A science in which you give real credence to the inner dimensions of the mind.

A science that understands the material matter is an epiphenomena of mind (as demonstrated with QM)

Further and of importance a method of releasing infromation that does not rely on the bias of what has come before.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Are you western Isles Scotland by any chance, I plan to visit Iona as I hear it has some druid sites.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Are you western Isles Scotland by any chance, I plan to visit Iona as I hear it has some druid sites.

Yes Isle of lewis. A one of the gems of Scotland. There is plenty up this way too. If you make it this far give us a ping. :-)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow Isle of Lewis with the standing stones yes I will definitely be visiting there in the Forseable future, I plan to visit all these ancient places in Scotland, I'm in the West Coast just over the water from Arran. Always wanted a camper van to go right round our beautiful country, for now I just make do with my tent lol.
reply to: purplemer

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The west coast is lovely too. Give us a shout before you come and we will sort something out.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yeah I sure will thanks a lot

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
On Friday morning i was heading home with a friend in the car and we were talking about this very thing the Epstein & Prince Andrew saga that is unfolding in the media , I remarked that normally there is a EVENT or a false flag as we in CT circles like to call it to take the heat away and bury the story from the public and how short our memory spans are lately , we spoke about events in Sandy Hook and the Mosque shooting in NZ and other conspiracy things .

And what do you know happened in London not 4 hours later

Psychic or psychotic you choose

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The scientific religion has one problem. Human beings are not robots or computers. Inevitably if we continue we will become just that, soulless machines of calculation.

Experience, knowledge and understanding does not always have to be reduced to binary computational logic.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Id put money on another one near election time.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join