It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast From the Past!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here is a real blast from the past! This is awesome. It's an interview with Bon Scott (AC/DC) from November 1977. It has all sorts of very interesting elements. First off, it's Bon Scott, so that in itself is something. But there's more..

At one point during the interview the host asks Scott about AC/DC's upcoming tour in America. Scott says they're going to be playing 12 dates with a band called "KISS", then he asks the host if he's heard of them. The host says he has, vaguely. Scott then says they'll also be touring with another band called "Rush", and asks if the host has heard of them. He answers "No" (can you imagine a time before people had heard of Rush???). Then Scott says there will be a 3rd band on the tour, "UFO". The host acts like he 'might' have heard of UFO. WOWS!!

Imagine that, Scott is sitting there talking about going on tour with probably three of the greatest rock bands of all time, and who knew AC/DC would be ranked right up there with them back then?? Clearly Scott didn't. Can you even imagine how much tickets for that lineup today would sell for...IF it was even possible?????

There's tons more too! Interesting segment on the philosophy of AC/DC about recording singles vs performing live.

Anyway, lots to enjoy here. Easily worth 12 minutes of your time!

edit on 11/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
That kind of music is like a thick cake for me.. you only need a small dose, then you need to have a break.
But I kind of get the feeling you got some returning fan crush going on.. this is your second thread on them on one day ?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Oh, I don't know about 'fan crush', but I've always thought AC/DC was a great band, especially with Bon Scott. Brian Johnson did some good stuff, but I just never felt like it was AC/DC. Always thought Johnson was a talented guy, but he would have made a better blues singer IMO.

As for the two threads in one day, I really just posted this one as kind of a follow up to the other.

Scott was a supremely talented fella, it's just too bad he was such a wildman. I sometimes wonder what trajectory AC/DC would have traveled had Scott not died when he did. I honestly think they may have eclipsed the Rolling Stones today.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Bon Scott was great but his demons were always going to lead him to one destination , I doubt AC/DC would have been the band they became with Bon on vocals , in my humble opinion Brian is / was the better vocalist and frontman but Bon had the Cools and mystique.

Here are the crazy kids back in 79.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And then there's this...

Who knew???

Just a touch...a touch too much..

ETA...just listen to how tight the guitars are!!
edit on 11/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hard to believe he was singing this stuff before AC/DC. I miss Bon.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Wow , that's pure gold.
The wild child before he was wild.

top topics

join