It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Barr earlier tonight....something is about to POP!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Barr is an interesting and well-informed speaker. I disagree with his positions that the Executive was intended to be the “energizing” factor of our government, in fact, if anything that should be the House of Representatives.

It is interesting that Barr delivers this speech in front of the Federalist Society as an “originalist” argument.

The Constitution clearly sets out, carefully so, the powers of each branch. Barr’s argument fails miserably on his contention that the greater part of the power of the Executive lies in the implied powers. That’s the opposite of an actual originalist argument.

It is interesting that the first three Presidents were all men of great ability but almost no interest in sustainment of power. Jefferson said in one of his letters to John Adams “ “I have no ambition to govern men. It is a painful and thankless office.”

That’s the difference between a patriot and a psychopath. Thanks for the link, Vasa.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He can't say anything specific.

So it's speculation something is about to pop.

I bet it's just both sides using strong rhetoric like they have for years.

We'll see though, I'll eat crow if I have to... But I doubt it considering the trends.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, he's made me want fried chicken and another glass of red.

Or that might have been the doobie.

Anyhoo if someone could summerise it might be helpful for us lazy bastards, after all it is an hour and a pop long.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Barr carries WEIGHT. (no jokes)

He can lock people up!

In fact, here's a peek at what may be about to "POP": www.commdiginews.com...

edit on 11/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I never said Churchill was my Hero so why say something that
causes a mass of extra text? You should just stick to what you've
read for context instead of jumping at the chance to impress us
with your opinion of someone being sighted only for dignity.

I notice you didn't quote me and I think I've just indicated
the reason.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

So what was it you were reminded of then regarding Churchill?

Where is the comparison?

The context would have taken me an hour, i noticed that i decided to better spend my time.

Anyhoo comparison please other than fat bullcrap merchant.

I mean he's not even got any Tanks on the streets of our cities.

edit on 15-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thanks VC

Well worth the time to watch

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

So what was it you were reminded of then regarding Churchill?

I guess you didn't even fully read my comment then before you responded?
If you did then it won't do any good to quote it again so go back and keep
reading until you do get it.

Unbelievable!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Info today from the acting AG who preceded William Barr.

Something's about to POP: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Ok...video is long but is seriously worth watching.

This video is absolute fire.....

This is the very first time I have heard Barr speak of anything like this.

Barr breaks down the entire impeachment argument and all of the measures he has gone through with investigations.

Not sure how this was evidence "somethings about to pop". I don't think that's so.

However, it DOES tend to put a light on how Bill Barr sees out current situation as a Republic. He's flat out talkin g about the nation being in great peril, from the "religious cult" of liberal activism.

I have always seen Barr as being biased towards the DC Swamp. Maybe he has had a change of heart as he ages, he sounds like he agrees with the ideas of the President.. which is interesting.

He ABSOLUTELY sees the Executive Branch as being under sustained attack.

He's definitely a Law geek. LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Liberal Media update regarding the soon to be released FISA Abuse report.

What the report says is still unknown. But some witnesses who have been interviewed by the inspector general say that they expect that the report will likely reveal some missteps, though none that should be interpreted as undermining the legitimate Bob Mueller investigation.
www.cnn.com...

That type of wording is why most Democrats think Republicans are blowing these investigations into Obama Administration actions, way out of proportion. All the liberal media networks and publications say the same thing.
edit on 11/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That type of wording is why most Democrats think Republicans are blowing these investigations into Obama Administration actions, way out of proportion. All the liberal media networks and publications say the same thing.

Yea, I've never heard right wing news try to do that. Lol.

That's the narrative for the impeachment. But each side thinks they're correct.

There are plenty in DC who should be under investigation and answer for their misdeeds. But I think we all know there will be vastly more lip service than action, from either side.

Honestly I just think it's to keep everyone rooting for their teams. The last thing they need is the citizens to vote for anyone besides the D's or the R's.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Yeah....the whole speech is about the law.

My takeaway is that he seems really riled up and he shows by his knowledge of history that he is passionate about law.

I watch a lot of political debates and news and I have to say, he definitely speaks from his depth and heart. I would say he would be hard to challenge on his conviction and his constitutional knowledge.

Anywho....I still feel that his demeanor in this speech gives a very foreshadowing overtone to what he he about to unleash.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If they are already "pumping" the narrative then they are proactively doing damage control.

This whole thing is about to blow up.

After Yovanovich stated she had specific training, directed by the Obama administration, to deal with the Biden/Burisma deal.....dems are dead....and Biden is done.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This article describes how specific media outlets are panicking this week.

www.aim.org...

With most of their deep-state buddies now pushed out of high government positions, the media can't control what is released, and when. You could sense CNN's frustration in the article I posted earlier. It got so much info flat out wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I made it about 30 minutes in and was completely bored. #0 minutes and nothing new. If there is a point someone please sum it up.

I am not American but I can try to succinctly sum it up. Essentially Barr is saying that between the congress, senate and the judiciary, they are and have been essentially eroding the powers of the executive branch, something that he believes is intrinsically anti constitutional.

In a nutshell I think this is his point.

I could be wrong though.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The executive branch isn't eroding. It's gotten more power post 9/11.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I have a crappy satellite connection...

Maybe some bullet points?

- left ist baaaaad
- trump is like jesus but more honest and good looking
- be overweight is kind of patriotic act

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Anyhoo if someone could summerise it might be helpful for us lazy bastards, after all it is an hour and a pop long.

I'm about 45 minutes in... It's a general speech addressing the separation of powers in general, and the powers of the Executive (president) specifically, and the erosion of that power as he sees it.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: madmac5150
I have a crappy satellite connection...

Maybe some bullet points?

I would have to go through and make notes. It is a hour long and covers literally everything currently in the political realm as far as investigations and accusations.

If you can download it and watch later I would highly recommend it.

So you can't make 20 bullet points off the top of your head?

I think that tho it might be a fantastic video, the video is over an hour long. Most people don't want to watch such a long video because of time constraints or maybe you haven't given us a decent preview to entice us into watching. I think the length of the synopsis of the video should reflect the length of the video itself.

gimme gimme gimme

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join