It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS where a lot of MSM get their stories?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I see you have become more jaded and cynical.....

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

LOL,thats the funniest thing I ever heard this place used to give out meaningful info,now it is a mirror image to Facebook and same mindless banter as MSM

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I think it's Exactly as Op says. ATS is key in many stories. Guess a lot of people here are in the game to steer the bull..
USA gov always used to mix miss dis and real info to obfuscate the truth. And it's very plausible they (DS or the micky house club
use the same aproach here.

No doubt that ATS is full of weird stuff and I don't mean the subjects. Shills, AI ,clowns Frenchmen Trolls or whatever. IMHO ATS plays both a key role in finding the truth and hiding it.

Eventually it all comes down in herding the masses. And that's done here. Exploring the unknown , conspiracies , stay too long on ATS and you might enjoy your stay inside the rubiks cube (think inside box metaphore).

I also see that ATS (community), doesn't pick up some subjects very well , (like censorship ,bigtech hegemony and such). And seen over an very long timerange those subject fall always in line with the policy of the current administration.

Add to that that there are a lot of funny msm social network buttons like facebook. But not the other more alt ones that tend to spit out less faka newsa.() it's obvious that ATS is just a cog in the wheel of MSM. Don't get me wrong I really like ATS. But it's a fact that ATS is just another way to influence public opinion. And IMHO less a way to explore the unknown , or if you like defy ignoOrance.

In German there is a saying 'GeTurked'. translate that to the present day status quo , it becomes Young Turks (yeah far-fetched). But like YT has a master (that's time warner bros isnt it? ) so has ATS also a level that goes beyond the visible.

For the rest I think that in the current state ATS is mostly permutations of MSM. There is pure gold , but ya hava dig 4 it.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Above top secret is a containment site for politically correct and government accepted conspiracy theory’s. I hate to say this but this place is more of a honey trap for feds and spooks to control the narrative. It’s a normie’s first introduction to conspiracy theory that has been Homogenized for your safety. Anything that falls out of line with ATS “management”is something you want to look into!

That’s how this works you believe your on here getting to be free and discuss topics but what you don’t understand is the topics have been selected for you and the discussion or viewership and star system is intended to draw you in to a post.

ATS has a few usernames that produce early news content some of them have been “provided”. Some content comes from random users who just lucked into something and a very select few come from extensive research.

This site should not be about making friends and you should be very cautious of the ones that do and you should be cautious of the people who don’t like you and follow your posts around and attack you.

Because this place has a username and star and flag system with rules on ethics it can be used as a weapon and form to mentally conditioning you away from the truth.

The true test of any real conspiracy theorist shouldn’t be likes stars and flags it should be the conviction that despite what every one else says you know the truth. The best conspiracy theorist are not ahead of a story by two days in the news they are ahead of a story by five or ten years in the news. They end up sounding like Alex Jones it just sounds too strange to be true.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh... now that I believe.

Too much that is news is never discussed here. That is what I have found.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

Interesting. I had heard ATS was connected to the CIA in some way. Doesn't matter much now. ATS is more heavy on politics than it is conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

There are undoubtedly news employees that trawl the conspiracy sites and ATS being one of the more SANE one's it probably has a higher profile in there estimation as well as the fact it is perhaps the number one most well known conspiracy site online.
These news employees probably rank from bored workers to news producer and as such if something catches there attention depending of course on how highly they are placed within there respective news agency they may well bump up something that is trending online for example a popular thread on ATS to a full news article.

My opinion therefor is that not just MSM but many news agency's probably have on occasion taken story's from ATS and perhaps also other conspiracy sites and then ran with them, so that's YES but not all there story's just the one's they really like the look of and think will garner the public's attention as remember they are a business and the public's attention is what it is all about, that's a sad fact about news agency's and there owners they are seldom actually interested in the boring but often far more important news these day's and that mean's that many thing's the public are therefore unaware of.

Which is one of the reason's that conspiracy sites such as ATS are so damned important, not because they are sometimes cherry picked for news worthy articles or because they focus on the BORING news articles which they mostly do not BUT because they focus on news and debates that otherwise would not get aired.

So you have a very good point, I believe they do take articles from ATS and other conspiracy sites but only when and if it suit's them.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
Sorry to the thread, this is peripheral but NOT off subject though it may be perceived to be.

Your talking about that Anonymous Video, if it was Anonymous and not some disgruntled former member.
Matter of fact they probably are and in fact ALL conspiracy sites are, many members are what are called Shill's and it won't only be the US intelligence agency's that make use of these site's often for training, disinformation AND general public relation's.

This does not accuse the ATS staff though, even if they are I like the site ha, my opinion is most CIA, FBI, MI5 etc and there opposite numbers are actually decent folk, oh not all but most, remember that wall you folk's over in the US have with the names of dead operatives and those are only the one's that can be named, those are patriot's men and woman that were not bad folk's at all but died for you so that you could have your conspiracy theory's and not have some secret policeman knocking on your door to take you to a pit somewhere were they would have probably offed you.

My humble opinion is that the Intelligence agency's get a very bad reputation but in fact if you want the bad decision's you usually have to look at the politician's and remember those agent's are just like you but often in far more dangerous situation's though the vast bulk of them are still probably bureaucrats so pencil pushers but pencil pushers doing a very important job for there respective nation's.

ATS even if there are NO link's therefore will be a hive for those element's of ALL of those agency's around the world (Pick a nation that has an intelligence agency, NK, Iran, Israel, the US, Russia, Britain, France etc) will have people that trawl this and other conspiracy sites.

And there is one other source as well, Gaming sites, you know agent's will use many method's to transfer information, in the old days it was a passage in an obscure book on the back shelf of a public library or some such thing but today it's is digital except in places were that is not possible such as field agent's in war zone's that have to go old school.

So all internet chat room's are viable avenues of communication between agent's and there handlers, viable avenues for the passage of digital information as well, ranging from the likes of ATS to Game chat room's etc.
Though the game chat room's are probably more up the drug dealers street than the likes of ATS, don't discount them though.

Remember your old spy movies were meeting would often take place in crowded areas using the crowd to mask the meeting and make surveillance more difficult, so it is today.

So what you have to ask yourself there is were they telling the truth and if so does it matter, the answer from me is no it does not matter non of us are criminal's and they lay there lives on the line so that we CAN have our conspiracy theory's, well most of them do but the odd one may an ass - same as us I suppose.

But you know that is one of the other reason's that NEWS agency's watch these sites as well, sometimes, rarely Whistle blowers - from the rank's of the GOOD one's (the bulk of the staff) in those agency's make use of sites like this to blow the whistle when they think they have no other choice and can you imagine how red faced the news agency's would be if ATS brought it to the world's attention but they did not, of course that means' there has to be a valve or control as not all information is in our interests of that of those agency's and as such ATS may or may not choose to then turn that valve to limit damage - hopefully before one of those news hound's stumbles upon it, not all whistle blowers are good remember some are just disgruntled employees or former employee's trying to burn the house down on there way out of the door.

edit on 16-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Share of crazy? Yeah I have read my share of crazy here. And some absolute crap. My favorite is that all posting is done strictly by staff under socks. That somehow only that poster was the only legit poster and everyone else was a sock. The number of replies in the “I thought the same thing category” was actually surprising.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You know what would be hilarious though that one sound's pretty good fun and made me chuckle, if spook's had there own conspiracy site, imagine some KGB (or whatever the Russians call them these day's) guy arguing with some CIA guy over things and actually talking, mind you that would just be like watching a rerun of political threads like Labour VS Tory's in the UK or Democrat's and Republican's in the US etc.

Though you know the point he made is spot on, this site does get periodically trawled for ideas by probably over worked caffeine addicted news hound's, probably so do some of the less reputable conspiracy sites as well but at least here they know you guy's have done half there work for them and they have less work to do to verify the story's since ATS is pretty fast at clamping down on fake story's.

edit on 16-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Share of crazy? Yeah I have read my share of crazy here. And some absolute crap. My favorite is that all posting is done strictly by staff under socks. That somehow only that poster was the only legit poster and everyone else was a sock. The number of replies in the “I thought the same thing category” was actually surprising.

So that’s how you mods entertain yourselves on a slow night? LOL

Funny you say that though, I’ve actually entertained the idea in a “The Truman Show” paranoid stupor of make-believe thought. Knowing not the case but.......crazier things have happened or have they?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Jazzy Sukiyaki 😎

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You can hate me later as it’s subliminally running through your head tonight. DOH!

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
News.Com.au has made me think this many times.

But you've gotta copy and paste from somewhere. That how journalism works right?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No.

Just no.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
in the past i could imagine this being pretty likely, but unfortunately in the last couple of years the vast majority of material here is just tired right-wing memes you can see being made fun of on twitter days and weeks before they're espoused with sincerity here.

Honestly there have been multiple times this year that i see a very brief mention of something that looks intriguing elsewhere, and my first thought is still "i'd better check the ATS thread on that!", but there never even is a thread for it anymore. When was the last time you saw footage of a ufo sighting on here? Not even compelling footage but footage at all? i can't even build up the enthusiasm to post it myself because no one cares. everyone just wants to argue about politicians like there's a difference between any of them. gross.

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

This is just a reeeeee, way to show your tds you lefty tard.....

Sorry couldn't help myself....
edit on 17-11-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Interesting. Im sure there are plenty of good guys in an agency like the CIA. However, the public mistrust towards the CIA is warrented. We constantly find out years later how the CIA broke multiple laws to accomplish their agenda (which is usually attached to some set of politicians).

Also... I think taxpayer dollars could be used better than spying on conspiracy places like ATS. Which, my only guess, would be because they know aliens are real and are looking out for any real contact situations. Or, like yousaid, there may be whistleblowers who wish to tell there story. Although, i haven't see anything like that in awhile..

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

ATS would ve better with no politics allowed. Or it might kill the site...

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

And so it should be, they are a shadowy agency no matter how much it is whitewashed, not everything they have done HAS been good, same with the FBI (and our MI Department's over here - though legally ours can point out that they don't work for the British people they work for the Crown) they were abused by element's within there rank's in the past as well.

In the US there are a number of such cases were major agency's were abused for the motives of a few, starting the destruction of the growing African American middle class of the 1950's by funneling narcotics into there neighborhood's was just one such event, these day's though the men whom committed these crimes are long gone and these agency's draw there staff from all US citizen's of all ethnicity's.

Such Agency's (not only the US ones) also make mistakes on occasion and those mistakes can cause a lot of harm.

Remember this they are employee's working for a system that is supposedly working for a nation, but it is a system that can be co-opted by vested interests and has and is constantly, so long as those interests align with what is best for your people nothing to worry about but when they don't that is when you get your whistle blowers.

Just remember though about these agency's, someone has to get there hand's dirty on occasion or else the nation they get there hand's dirty for would have been destroyed, destabilized or sabotaged and bankrupted.
Oh sometime's they go too far, sometime's they do the wrong thing but they remain an essential ingredient of any nation's defensive arsenal and better a civilian agency than one ruled by a general.

edit on 17-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join