It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS where a lot of MSM get their stories?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ATS is one of countless sites that get harvested by AI to predict future outcomes of potential storylines.

Looking Glass?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Tail wagging the dog. It's more like ATS people plucking stories off Drudge and planting them here. And THAT'S why ATS has become nothing more than another news aggregator site pretty much indistinguishable from any other one.

Agreed but unlike other ones you actually get more of the truth out of the articles due to the many member contributions and opposing views along with moderators to keep the silly personal jib jab at bay.

I typically stay away from news sites where they dont allow comments right of the bat. As a bonus Ats makes it easy to comment on any news source aswell without having to create 5 billion accounts
edit on 481130America/ChicagoFri, 15 Nov 2019 21:48:19 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't find that theory very accurate. I usually see breaking news hours, and sometimes days, before anyone posts them on ATS on several other forums. There was a time when members of ATS were on the ball and posted things here before you saw them anywhere else and the posts were extremely well researched, now such is a rarity.

Sure, there are a handful of ATS members who still give quality information that is well researched and sourced but it is becoming increasingly rare as the majority only sling mud in the mudpit and bark at each other any more. The mud slinging has spilled over into the majority of the threads posted outside of the mudpit as well and a lot of former quality content providers have basically thrown in the towel because even if a thread is about the color of the sky it almost always turns into political crap.

If I were a reporter ATS is the last place I would look.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I mentioned that MSM is monitoring this site at least five years ago. In fact, I think there are members here who are testing to see how ATS members respond to information trails to see how it will effect the public opinion. If I was a journalist I would monitor ATS because we have lots of people here who mention things as they are happening in their area. It gives journalists a way to find out what is going on and also how people respond to things. I also think there are government officials here monitoring the site. But they probably won't do much commenting, other than to see how people will respond to comments they say. Even big businesses probably have someone monitoring sites like this to see if there is any negative feedback that could cause them problems. That is one reason I usually do not say specific name brands about pharma in my posts, they have lots of money, they can look for anyone talking about their products keywords.and have someone investigate it. Monitoring a site would only require a membership or maybe even just software that monitors what is said publicly, the ATS anti-hacking software would not even notice anything. Then someone with a member status could come on and try to discredit negative things.

I have been using computers and working on them for around thirty three years now. Years ago I got hacking software from some friends, I did not use the software to hack other people, but I used it to get into computers that had viruses to shut down viruses in my own and friends computers so I could go fix their damage. My daughter actually is part of a hacking group that trains people for cyber security to counteract hackers and train them to work in IT. I guess she went farther than I did with this. Neither of us have any desire to hack computers, we prefer to help others who got hacked or to teach people how to avoid getting hacked. Their group actually goes to businesses that want to test their anti-virus to make sure it has no security flaws.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I have to seriously wonder if ATS is a "source" for a lot of MSM stories. There are parallels that seem to pop up VERY closely tied with things here on ATS and very quickly.

I have noticed this on numerous occasions and it really has me wondering.

We have a lot of what folks call "shills" here. My thought is the shills are actually folks on the same side acting as trolls to get folks here to do the real research on subjects.

We have a couple handfuls of folks here that actually research what they post and do so in a very intelligent and diligent manner and can truly source what they speak about.

The "shills" are able to easily get fairly well researched info and sources from people here by acting as a troll for the other side.

Obviously, it makes sense to me since I am posting this thread. Anyone else feel like there are a few accounts here that could be doing this? Could be for stories or for a deep dive into a particular area of interest.

I know I have personally done a lot of research in the past on many topics. I have personally seen things I have found in stories that suddenly pop up in MSM very closely in time relation to when I posted about them. For example a lot of research I did into the Uranium 1 stuff....I found government records of it being transferred to Canada and a worker being treated for exposure to "yellow cake" from a exploding barrel....etc...

Anywho....anyone else have this thought?

You haven't named any examples of the paralells?..and I was wondering if anyone has any gut feelings on the next Powerball Draw numbers?....you never know maybe ATS is the beginning and the end all rolled into one.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No doubt in my mind that it does in fact happen. I have noticed on more than one occasion a members particularly descriptive and original thoughts being rewritten almost verbatim in a news story. I’ve only seen this a few times but when I did see it, I knew exactly where the information had originated.

I’ve no idea which stories they were as I’ve been here about 13-14 yrs and have probably read to much information for my own good, LOL. But I have seen it and we’ve had some very intelligent members here over the years. Unfortunately, many have left or no longer post and some are sadly no longer with us and of course some are still here.

Most people are correct though, in saying that most all stories are pasted from other places.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: carewemust

And how do you know this? I hardly ever see anything posted on ATS that wasn't "breaking news" on the MSM first. This is a news aggregate site.

From listening to "The Five" on FoxNews every day while driving. I'll see a post in the Q thread, and someone on The Five will cite the same revelation from that ATS post. Sean Hannity has done this too, during his afternoon radio show.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Buck Sexton is the one I have noticed most....and I have a hunch he used to be a member here.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

There was a time when members of ATS were on the ball and posted things here before you saw them anywhere else and the posts were extremely well researched, now such is a rarity.

There was also a time when the front page of Breaking News used to cycle through within an hour or two at times. Nowadays since the introduction of the Mud Pit, the BN front page takes days to cycle through.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

There was a time when members of ATS were on the ball and posted things here before you saw them anywhere else and the posts were extremely well researched, now such is a rarity.

There was also a time when the front page of Breaking News used to cycle through within an hour or two at times. Nowadays since the introduction of the Mud Pit, the BN front page takes days to cycle through.

Yeah...I agree that does suck. ATS has become a political site over the last few years.

I am guilty of becoming more political here and i am really not sure why.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If I were a journalist, ATS would definitely be on my list of sites I would research for information and public opinion. I also believe that’s why we see certain trolls on here trying to direct agenda driven narratives in certain directions. There easy to spot anymore though. I think many of us might be surprised of who were actually talking to at times. ATS is probably more relevant than what many of us think it is.

edit on 16-11-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

When I first joined ATS, it was because of the UFO, Astronomy, and the Metaphysical sections.

When Obama started ruining my health insurance business, I shifted more towards the political forums. Not due to politics per say, but to point out how his ObamaCare/ACA proposals would hurt millions of middle-class Americans.

But, like we're seeing today, Americans gave Democrats a majority, and they screwed the pooch.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Any examples?I think its literal Pareidolia......or in some cases Apophenia...or Dejavu.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No, there's like 50 odd regular posters here and most of them are stuck in a closed information loop that is mostly partisan nonsense, it's the opposite the drones here repeat what they heard on the msm.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No, there's like 50 odd regular posters here and most of them are stuck in a closed information loop that is mostly partisan nonsense, it's the opposite the drones here repeat what they heard on the msm.

Are you speaking solely of political posts or site wide?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Political, which has unfortunately all but stiffled any kind real conversation.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

When I first joined ATS, it was because of the UFO, Astronomy, and the Metaphysical sections.

I think this is true for many of us. I also found ATS as a result of researching UFO phenomenon and interest in paranormal studies. It’s a very addictive website with a wealth of info and some great people here. The Pit has definitely changed the landscape here.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Fair to say the vast majority of us found and joined this site as it was refreshing to see people think outside of the box and interested in alternative and unexplained phenomena.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Yepper.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Back in the original Fukushima megathread, there were often items discussed and information winkled out (by myself and others whom are no longer members/posting) that I would then see later on in news casts.

I do believe that the idea of the ice wall was originally proposed in that thread as well and it was eventually acted upon by TEPCO even though it did not perform as intended.

As far as recent events in the political realm, I haven't watched any MSM broadcasts in a long long time and rarely read MSM sites other than as a starting point for direction to take in looking for original source documentation and or background info so I couldn't say if it still happens to the degree that it did back during my the events surrounding Fukushima Daiichi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join