It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- Questions. White House Insider's postings -PART- -22-

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Heh, that was worth the read. How refreshing to read something, content category aside, that was well written and which expressed cogent thought. I often get that feeling from reading older documents and books. People knew how to express themselves in the written word "back then".

Heck, it was worth reading just to see the legendary "Optional Form 41" again!

Interesting to note how this sentiment seems to have fallen by the wayside long ago:

Remember that media freedom is basically a good thing for the U.S., as is its adversarial relationship to government -- but not at any cost.

One could argue there is an adversarial relationship today -- but focused on one individual and one political party. That wasn't the original idea of "freedom of the press".

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Ghislaine should be remembered as The Beaming Madame.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Read it for yourself .
If you dare.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
a reply to: FlyingFox

I took Walter Cronkite seriously. He was a legitimate newsman. He presented the news. Period.

N o p e .

Nope:

Walter Cronkite Uses News Cast to Rail Against Vietnam War

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: brewtiger

Logically deduced thanks brewtiger!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

Yeah, Cronkite wasn't on the level with Vietnam reporting.

There were a lot of things that went wrong in that war. And yes, some of those things were the consequence of poor performance, whether in planning or execution, by the U.S. military. But some things "went right" as well, and the press, after Tet, gave such things little air time. Neither did they seriously question if the U.S. should not have continued to provide air support (among other things) to the regime in Saigon, even when they were obviously being invaded by a conventional force of North Vietnamese regulars.

The media was quick to note that the various governments in Saigon had corruption issues. Well, that's true, they did. But what the media failed to mention was that the early governments of South Korea also had corruption issues -- that they eventually mastered -- once they were free of the scourge of invasion from without and guerilla campaigns from within. Obviously, we never got to that point in South Vietnam, although Tet '68 pretty much shot the bolt of the communist guerilla force within S Vietnam.

Again, the media wasn't interested in that and trumpeted Tet as a communist victory -- which it became because that trumpeting ensured it was a huge propaganda boost for Hanoi.

And finally, once South Vietnam was overrun and destroyed as a nation, the media was wholly uninterested in documenting the horrific revenge the communists took on anyone in the former RVN who had opposed them.

Yes, Cronkite's "and that's the way it is" is still grating. That's the way it was for Walter Cronkite, but he used his influence as an early media star to make the USA believe his views about that war without mentioning there was a lot more to all of the stories he reported on that didn't make into the broadcast script.

Thanks to the lies of the media back then, and the dedication with which the Left has made those lies practically immune to any serious challenge, the bulk of the USA still has a distorted view of the Vietnam War. While mistakes were made and some questionable things done on our part, the short story is that is one the bad guys won and for which South Vietnamese patriots paid a terrible price. If anyone reading this hasn't done so, I urge them to speak with South Vietnamese immigrants to the USA regarding the war, how it is remembered in the public eye, and the perceptions of those who fled the communist regime. It is rather eye-opening. It wasn't all corrupt South Viets and druggie GIs.

Cheers

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Walter Cronkite is the voice of the owl at the Bohemian Grove.

Television was never what they told us it was

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

The adversarial relationship to the Democrats exists in certain quarters of the press but it's labeled as hate speech and conspiracy theory etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ketsuko, true. Seems to fairly marginalized. Big outlets (heck, even Fox now) seem to draw money life support from supporting the Dem Party.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

edit on 11262019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Walter Cronkite is the voice of the owl at the Bohemian Grove.

Television was never what they told us it was

The day that changed television

In the early history of TV, there is a single day’s television that will always be imprinted on popular memory: the Queen’s coronation, televised 60 years ago this week

But those millions of living-room television parties nearly didn’t happen at all. In 1952, a Coronation Commission, chaired by Prince Philip, had ruled that the Westminster Abbey ceremony would not be televised, the sole concession being to allow cameras west of the organ screen so that the processions could be seen.

For others, the organ screen defended precious tradition from the pernicious instincts of mass voyeurism. In this camp was the Archbishop of Canterbury, Geoffrey Fisher, who told reporters in 1952, “The world would have been a happier place if television had never been discovered.”

The news that the coronation would be fully televised increased the pressure to make television truly national, for at this time many on the country’s fringes and coastlines couldn’t receive it.

In our national folk memory, the coronation is usually seen as the moment when television was instantly transformed from a primitive, minority activity into a sophisticated mass medium. Last year, I even heard Chris Evans on The One Show suggesting to an interviewee that “the Queen saved television” – that without her coronation, the medium would never have taken off.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

They don’t call TV shows “programming” for nothing!

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Just recognize that any newscast, newspaper report, even a news photograph, involves determining not only what to include, but also what to exclude; and how to say what's being included. If there's only one minute in which to report an event that took 200 minutes to unfold, a lot gets left out.

You've seen pictures of a "crowded" march of protestors from a ground shot, but when the overhead is shown there's like 20 people there.

"Three people were killed in a car crash yesterday."

or

"Three people were killed in a horrific car crash yesterday."

The first is objective; the second is opinion - "horrific" is the subjective assessment of the speaker/writer. Critically listen even to your local newscast and you'll hear it in almost every story.

This is what Trump and to a lesser extent Q are doing - showing the subtle (or lately not so subtle) bias of the media.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Speaking on the 🤡 “entertainment” industry we have a new movie added to the list. 🍿
qmap.pub...
* I see EndtheMadnessNow posted trailer back on pg 96. These things happen when reading 50+ pages in a day and trying to follow the 🐇
edit on 26-11-2019 by LurkNoMore because: *Carry On

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Here is a little more about Walter Cronkite that I was sad to learn.
Seems Walter was a lobbyist for the World Federalist Association, (Renamed the New World Order by Regan) while trying to remain unbiased when reporting the nightly news.

Wait till you get a load of who calls in to honor him at the 7:44 mark . Its about a 7 minute speech after being introduced etc.

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Okay, onehuman. I looked at the 7:44 mark. You ambushed me.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 26 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ops my bad! Are we going to need to bring in a therapist? Find a safe space for you? Bring you comfort food? Do we need to call Cranky?!
Honestly I wasnt expecting it either when I watched it! I wonder if her interest still lies in the direction at all, as far as Federalist goes. Werent they like the opposite of the Whig party?

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join