It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams..real or imagined?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I know my usual dreaming state. I’ve had enough of them to recognize them as indicators of extreme stress, lack of closure with individuals, or the odd random artsy dream that I manage to produce (sometimes, those are very fun)

But for almost 4 years, during the late 90’s and early 200’s, I had a series of dreams that I still can’t explain.

Since 2003 I’ve had them less, and I attribute this mostly my mental state. Still, I’ve never really discussed these dreams in an online forum, and figure it might be useful to hear what others think they are.

Starting around 1998, I started to have dreams about other places. Earth places. Places you could travel to, if you knew where they were. These dreams were of towns, restaurants, malls, grocery stores, residential areas, train stations..I could go on. Many times I would visit the same region again and again, only visit a different place within the region.

Sometimes I was merely watching, as if being pulled about by another dreamer. Those dreams were somewhat boring, and why someone would be dreaming about such things is beyond me.

Other times, there were other people around, and I felt like I knew them (within the dream). Sometimes I lived with them. Sometimes they were my friends. Never were they my lovers.

A couple of times, people in those dreams seemed very anxious to get a point across, and in my dream state I found myself repeating the things they were saying/shouting at me, so that I could remember when I woke up. (I never was able to remember words or text upon waking.)

I’ve also had a few other dreams that even more weird, but I don’t want to bring those up just yet, with this crowd. (They are REALLY over the top, and frankly, very scary).

And one final note. I’m not a lucid dreamer. I can’t control my dreams as of yet, though it’s something that interests me a great deal.

-VW

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
wow interesting stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthew williams
wow interesting stuff.

Matthew, you have never heard of anything like this? It's not Astral Projection, alas. It's not even other things that people report. It's part of that odd dream state people have around the globe. And I hope others who have experianced this will respond.

You think this is interesting? Why, might I ask, do you think its interesting. Have something to share yourself?

-VW

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Pand]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Waking state...real or imagined (by liked or similar group mind pattern)?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Waking state...real or imagined (by liked or similar group mind pattern)?

Mwen, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean?

-VW

top topics

join