It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush picks Bolton for UN job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The Bush Administration has chosen a new Ambassador to the United Nations today. John Bolton who is very critical of the UN has agreed to his new job, a great promotion for him. He is replacing John Danforth, a republican from Missouri who has done the job for past 7 months.

www.dawn.com
WASHINGTON, March 7: President George Bush has picked US under secretary of state for arms control, John Bolton, a sharp critic of North Korea and other hard line governments , to be ambassador to the United Nations, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Monday.

"The president and I have asked John to do this work, because he knows how to get things done," Rice told a media conference with Bolton by her side. "He is a tough minded diplomat. He has a strong record of success and he has a proven track record of effective multilateralism," she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Making someone who criticizes the UN the Ambassador to the UN may not be a good idea. I would have chosen someone with more diplomatic exp., but still a good choice. His record though has been strong and has had many successes. John Bolton is one of the many changes Bush has made to his Administration and cabinet.

Related News Links:
www.ajc.com...;COXnetJSessionID=CtqfgQD9NWFERnWTSTLo3x2Dd1B9oQgRhO6IA23ki9zuOmNLT77C!-1 009540298?UrUsecase=800100&SendBackURL=%2Fnews%2Fcontent%2Fnews%" target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
www.nytimes.com

[edit on 7-3-2005 by James the Lesser]

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
For a minute there, I thought Michael Bolton

join