It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone found guilty on all 7 counts and is facing 50 years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: network dude

Anyone who lies to Congress should go to prison, Democrat, Republican or whatever their political persuasion.

Turn about is fair play. I think Congressmen should go to jail when they lie to the American people.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Be that as it may, the witness tampering charge IMHO is the most serious. And even if it was only one person, he still committed a crime and he still got caught and convicted.

I don't think it was even one person, he also threatened, Margaret Ratner Kunstler, Assange's lawyer if I have it right.

And, if I have it right, through Stone's lies the enquiry panel may not have pursued other information.

So, let's go the ever increasing list of WH throwout convicts,

Mr. Stone,
Mr. Gates,
Mr Flynn,
Mr Cohen,
Mr Papadopoulos,
Mr Manafort.

Mr Bannon, a US people's war revolutionary, and a witness in Stone's trial, has not been convicted of anything precisely illegal though....nice one!

edit on 15-11-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Whilst it's fairly obvious that the SC targeted Stone because he was associated to Trump, likely to try and squeeze him to flip, it has to be said that Stone is still a bloody idiot.

It seems he actually did nothing wrong in terms of the whole Ruissia debacle, but he seems to have lied to try and insulate himself and also asked others to lie. Who knows why - maybe he was scared that what he had done would end up being charged in the current political climate.

Bottom line is he shot himself in the foot and handed a noose to the Washington crowd trying to get him.

Democrats have done the same, and I don't see any in jail.

A a pyramid justice system.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Anyone who lies to Congress should go to prison, Democrat, Republican or whatever their political persuasion.

Turn about is fair play. I think Congressmen should go to jail when they lie to the American people.

I agree with this. Adam Schiff KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY KNOWINGLY lied to the American people over and over. I also think so-called journalists and reporters that KNOWINGLY lie should also be held accountable. They are considered the fourth estate, and thus, have a special responsibility to tell the Truth. When they KNOWINGLY lie to us, there must be consequences.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Mr. Stone
Mr. Gates
Mr Flynn
Mr Cohen
Mr Papadopoulos
Mr Manafort

Well, except Flynn who was actually part of the Administration (for less than 2 weeks) none of them were with Trump in office. He lied to Pence and Trump fired him. Flynn was railroaded and has yet to be sentenced. He was concerned when they used his son as leverage.

In a sentencing memorandum released on December 4, 2018, the Mueller investigation stated Flynn "deserves credit for accepting responsibility in a timely fashion and substantially assisting the government" and should receive little or no jail time

None of what they are convicted of had anything to do with ANY decision during the Trump presidency and in fact, the worst one in my opinion is Manafort and I am sure you know who he worked for and with. His charges stemmed from that time and had nothing to do with Trump.

Now, Greg Craig who was WH counsel for Obama, was indicted from the Mueller investigation. Craig worked with Manafort and is accussed of the same thing as Stone. However, he was treated differently....hmmm....Manafort was convicted and he was giving orders to Craig. Tell me how that happens?????

Link

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I tried calling the White House, I was going to ask Trump when he's going to pardon Stone....but the line was busy.

Cause you know they're gonna "Epstein" Roger if he sits in jail... Trump better hurry up with the pardon!!!

[snipped]

edit on Fri Nov 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
50 years jail-time (effectively a life-sentence at his age) for a non-violent, victimless crime seems a bit ridiculous to me. We see rapists get less harsh sentences. Seems to me like they're trying to use Rogers to "make a point" and scare any potential future opposition into submission.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We all know his real crime was being pro-Trump.

How dare he?!

Plus his tattoo of nixon.

The man is obviously some sort of villain.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well, as we've just seen in the news today, even tweeting about a witness, using fact based opinion, is now an impeachable offence.

they feel Inttttiimmiiddaated....

First amendment should be changed to "You have the right to remain silent."

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Best lawyers money can buy and a jury of his peers.

Must have been hard finding a jury of multi-millionaires.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
and the man they used to get Stone has released a statement. You know, the one who he intimidated...

Link

But in a surprise twist, one of the prosecution’s chief witnesses in the case — former radio talk show host and comedian Randy Credico — told Yahoo News Friday that he was in tears upon learning of the verdict and did not want to see Stone, who is facing up to 20 years in prison, go to jail because of his testimony.

“I hate to see the guy go to jail because of me,” Credico said in a phone interview minutes after the verdict. “I feel horrible that this happened. This is not a day to rejoice.”

One of the counts on which Stone was convicted, witness tampering, was based on a series of emails and texts he sent to Credico pressuring him to back up his story that the comedian was his backchannel to WikiLeaks. In one of those emails, Stone wrote: “You are a rat. A stoolie. ... Prepare to die.” Stone then appeared to threaten Credico’s service dog, Bianca, saying he would “take that dog away from you.”

But Credico said Friday he never took the threat to Bianca literally, saying he tried to make that clear on the witness stand when he told the jury he believed that Stone was a dog lover.

“Those threats about my dog were not anything I took seriously,” Credico said. “I only put [the emails and texts] out there as a brushback pitch. ... This was a fender-bender that spun into a 21-car pileup. All he had to do was tell the truth and this would not have spun out of control.”

What Stone did though is show that those who do support Trump are not afraid.

Right now if I was John Podesta or his brother I would be #ting myself....

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I mean there's so many of them they might have to create a whole new prison for the lot of em...called:

The Donald Trump incarceration Center

I like, "Trump Detainment Sector". Then we can actually say that TDS is real.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

And if congress lies to the American people?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Business as usual.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: UKTruth
Whilst it's fairly obvious that the SC targeted Stone because he was associated to Trump, likely to try and squeeze him to flip, it has to be said that Stone is still a bloody idiot.

It seems he actually did nothing wrong in terms of the whole Ruissia debacle, but he seems to have lied to try and insulate himself and also asked others to lie. Who knows why - maybe he was scared that what he had done would end up being charged in the current political climate.

Bottom line is he shot himself in the foot and handed a noose to the Washington crowd trying to get him.

Democrats have done the same, and I don't see any in jail.

A a pyramid justice system.

Yes, that is the problem - unequal justice.
When you consider the over the top arrest and a possible 50 year sentence for doing exactly what others have done - lying to Congress/FBI and destroying evidence, it's pretty clear that a two tier justice system operates in the US.
One of the biggest issues is that certain locations in the US have been so polarised in the political debate it would seem impossible to get a fair trial. Stone was always going to be convicted and punished severely in Washington regardless of any evidence presented in court.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Yup, it' just isn't that way. But I agree.

Who should be prosecuted that the Attorney General isn't on top of? And why isn't he doing it?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We all know his real crime was being pro-Trump.

How dare he?!

I heard that prominent Trump supporters are being rounded up and deported to FEMA camps as we
speak

edit on 16-11-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

The American people enjoy being lied to.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Their retard supporters cheer for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join