It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Stone found guilty on all 7 counts and is facing 50 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Wow!

Linkn

Roger Stone faces years in federal jail after he was found guilty today of lying to Congress about his efforts to procure stolen Democratic Party emails from WikiLeaks to help Donald Trump become President.

Jurors agreed the self-proclaimed political dirty trickster told five 'whoppers' when he testified before members of House Intelligence Committee investigating Russian collusion in the 2016 election.

Stone lied about the identity of his 'back channel' to WikiLeaks and lied when he denied asking its founder Julian Assange for the plundered messages.

He lied about his conversations with senior Trump Campaign officials and lied to lawmakers when he said he had no emails or written communications about WikiLeaks that could prove useful to their probe.

So we have a House Chairman on TV tampering with witnesses and not allowing statements from GOP members but Mr Stone is convicted? We are seeing the hypocrisy play out in real time here. We have multiple people who have lied to Congress during all of the Trump investigations and nothing. It is all about wanting Trump to 'obstruct'.

What is worse is Rick Gates, who testified against Stone was given a plea dea and then the charges were dropped. His testimony stated there was a call between Stone and Trump and although he did not hear it he said it was about Wikileaks.

So Mr Trump, are you ready to make heads explode and pardon an old friend? Personally I would wait till after the 2020 win.

edit on Novam30amf0000002019-11-15T11:29:45-06:001145 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs If Trump pardons Stone it will be a BIG mistake.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ahhh the dirty trickster gets caught again!

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We all know his real crime was being pro-Trump.

How dare he?!

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If only everyone had to play by the same rules.
Justice is blind my ass.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
a reply to: matafuchs If Trump pardons Stone it will be a BIG mistake.

Do it after the election, the same with Michael Flynn. Restore the lives of all of these men.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The point is here that the reason he is convicted is not because of an action but because of a 'lie'. He should have just plead the 5th I guess, right, like so many others do but instead he stood by what he said. Credico, the man he is accussed of threatening and is involved in all of these did plead the 5th...finally, it was Credico who reached out to Stone and not the other way around. To me it was all a set up and that is why Stone is so pissed. Credico was pressed by Mueller just like Cohen was.

These are his charges....

1. Obstruction of justice, lying to Congress and witness tampering by trying to get Randy Credico to lie to Congress.

2. Lying to Congress that he did not have emails or texts about Julian Assange

3. Lying when he claimed his references to being in touch with Assange were actually about a 'go-between' - Randy Credico

4. Lying that he didn't ask his 'go-between' to communicate with Assange

5. Lying that he didn't text or email the 'go-between' about WikiLeaks

6. Lying that he had never discussed conversation with his 'go-between' with anyone in the Trump campaign

There is nothing in here that is a threat to National Security and certainly would not have changed the 2016 election or the Mueller investigation.

We have Congress people stating we need to 'Impeach the MotherF'r' on video but Stone is a threat to the nation? Please...If he is convicted then they all should be for lying about our president and an attempted coup which is still going on today....
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002019-11-15T12:00:25-06:001225 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How dare he?!

Indicted by the Justice Department, Jury of peers, he presented his case with all of the high power lawyers he could hire.

Maybe it was less about being pro Trump and more about his criminality no?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, to be honest, he was little fish trying to get big, his gambit failed him.

Sucks because I like Stone.

His crimes had nothing to do with the initial Russian Collusion case either in regards to Team Trump conspiring with Russia.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
"If Trump pardons Stone it will be a BIG mistake."

Do it after the election, the same with Michael Flynn. Restore the lives of all of these men.

Won't be necessary for Flynn, all charges against him will be dropped soon, and Im really hoping to see Trump re-appoint him his NSA - or maybe even better, nominate him for DNI.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

The issue I have is it is all about one person who reached out to him and then suddenly he was ensnared in this.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The issue I have is it is all about one person who reached out to him and then suddenly he was ensnared in this.

Be that as it may, the witness tampering charge IMHO is the most serious. And even if it was only one person, he still committed a crime and he still got caught and convicted.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Another true American patriot goes down to a treasonous jury! Outrage! It's not like he was a criminal scumbag or something.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Whilst it's fairly obvious that the SC targeted Stone because he was associated to Trump, likely to try and squeeze him to flip, it has to be said that Stone is still a bloody idiot.

It seems he actually did nothing wrong in terms of the whole Ruissia debacle, but he seems to have lied to try and insulate himself and also asked others to lie. Who knows why - maybe he was scared that what he had done would end up being charged in the current political climate.

Bottom line is he shot himself in the foot and handed a noose to the Washington crowd trying to get him.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't think Roger Stone was lying to anyone, who doesn't have copies of emails or texts about Julian Assange? Who didn't try to email WikiLeaks... and who really cares if he was a go-between LOL....

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Another true American patriot goes down to a treasonous jury! Outrage! It's not like he was a criminal scumbag or something.

I don't think his crimes are in dispute, it's more the one sided justice system that seems to favor letting those of the left leaning persuasion get away with things and never have to see a jury of their peers, while someone on the right would certainly be raided pre dawn live on CNN.

He's guilty, so he has to do the time. maybe one day, others will as well.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Anyone who lies to Congress should go to prison, Democrat, Republican or whatever their political persuasion.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He'll keep the jail warm for trump when he gets convicted. They might create a whole separate wing for all the criminals from Trump administration.

I mean there's so many of them they might have to create a whole new prison for the lot of em...called:

The Donald Trump incarceration Center

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So just what was the witness tampering? A tweet? So, I guess anyone who tweets a threat to an elected official should be charged also according to that logic.

I do not see that as witness tampering as much as one guy who was set up by another calling him out on social media. However, if it is criminal then there are A LOT of people who should be charged. That is the point I was making.

If he is truly committing a crime lock him up but I as a juror, not a Trump supporter, would not have voted to convict.

edit on Novpm30pmf0000002019-11-15T12:57:45-06:001245 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Metallicus

How dare he?!

Indicted by the Justice Department, Jury of peers, he presented his case with all of the high power lawyers he could hire.

Maybe it was less about being pro Trump and more about his criminality no?

All his crimes were process crimes.

So when is Comey going to jail for the exact same thing?

Quick answer... never.

Our current two-tiered justice system needs to be fixed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join