It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intel Committee Hearing Nov 15 2019 ---- Marie Yovanovitch

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino
a reply to: Gryphon66

"I have to show that the action was done WITH INTENT ... I don’t have to explicate the whys and wherefores, indeed, that is one of the severe limitations placed on much of the law ... it’s really difficult to prove the nature of intent, but it is not, particularly in this case, difficult at all to prove the presence of intent."

Presence of intent to do what, write a tweet?

That can't be what you're arguing. No way you're saying that, in order to charge someone with witness tampering/intimidation, all you have to prove is that they intended to do...something? I couldn't have read that right.

In this case, "intent" very specifically refers to the intent to commit tampering/intimidation. Yeah, I know intent is difficult to prove. That's the whole point. That's why the argument is absurd.

Alright, in the spirit of good faith one more time.

Trump didn’t tweet his right to fire Yovanovich at 3 am while he was sitting on his golden toilet seat.

He didn’t tweet at Fox and Friends about how he’s the greatest President who ever fired anybody, who’s fired more people than any other President ever even THOUGHT about firing people.

He didn’t tweet in the evening so that Shawn Hannity could darken up the layer of brown on his nose ... So no, Trump wasn’t “just Tweeting” for goddsake ...

He tweeted directly during her f’n testimony! There’s no way in hell ANYBODY can look at that and no know that it was his intent to affect the presentation of evidence before Congress. He’s got 55 MILLION followers on twitter, and that has been determined by a court to be one of his official channels for communicating with the nation.

SO no, by no stretch of the imagination could you argue this was “just a tweet.”

Not with any logic anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

utter bollox

how was ms Yovanovitch supposed to know ?

his intent to affect the presentation of evidence before Congress.

mr schiff telling her - smells to me - like a cynical ploy to predudice her testimony

and if she was " intimidated " - she was clearly unfit for purpose as the amnassador to somalia and the ukraine

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

det your dammed facts strait - mr schiff attempred to " affect the presentation of evidence before Congress "

by telling her things that she was unaware of

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: mtnshredder

Schiff really seems to me to suffer from spectrum disorder or maybe dissociative disorder.

Or maybe both.

What he did with the “mob boss impersonation” was totally disconnected from the appropriate action in that social situation. However, the only individual I could see that being directed toward is Mr. Trump himself, who is not scheduled to appear as a witness as far as I know.

So, I’d rule Schiff’s actions ill-placed, but not necessarily illegitimate. He just came off like an incompetent goof.

Hmmm, I found it to be misleading, very unethical and not in accordance with an accepted standard or rule, which is by definition what “illegitimate” means. No doubt to me that it was his intention to deceive and mislead the public by misrepresenting the evidence.

I agree with you on Schiff though, he’s probably one of the worst people the Dems could have running this charade. He’s one of the least convincing politicians in office.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I see what you’re saying, but for my part, what Schiff did was too stupid, too extreme, too ludicrous. He came off looking like an asshole. I don’t think any significant portion of Americans (and I don’t say this lightly) were fooled into thinking that he was serious. If it was his actual intention to mislead anyone ... Jesus Christ he’s worse off than even I think.

My belief is that the Framers/Founders were either political geniuses who created one of the most equitable forms of government in human history, or they were the luckiest m-fers that have ever lived ... or both.

The biggest concern I have is not whether a Democrat or a Republican is in the White House or whether they hold the one chamber or the other of Congress because 2/4/6 year cycles ... but when one group holds both Branches they screw around with the third Branch that has LIFETIME appointments ... and that is dangerous if that branch is corrupted whether right or left by AUTHORITARIANS ... which is happening now.

None of us want that in the long term even if we think they’re on our side ... because they’re not.
edit on 16-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Witness tampering is an action taken with the clear intent to directly alter or prevent testimony.
It has nothing to do with an action taken to effect or alter how that testimony is perceived by the public.

The only way one could even begin to argue that his tweet was intended to directly effect the testimony itself is by arguing that he knew Schiff would read it aloud to her in the middle of the hearing. Even then, there's nothing in that tweet that approaches an attempt to alter or prevent her testimony.

It's a grasp at straws to turn an otherwise worthless day of testimony for the Democrats into something negative for the president.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

Witness tampering is an action taken with the clear intent to directly alter or prevent testimony.
It has nothing to do with an action taken to effect or alter how that testimony is perceived by the public.

The only way one could even begin to argue that his tweet was intended to directly effect the testimony itself is by arguing that he knew Schiff would read it aloud to her in the middle of the hearing. Even then, there's nothing in that tweet that approaches an attempt to alter or prevent her testimony.

It's a grasp at straws to turn an otherwise worthless day of testimony for the Democrats into something negative for the president.

The simple fact that Schiff was on social media DURING what they say is a very important and serious impeachment inquiry tells me all I need to know.

Trump won't be impeached and this is going to backfire big time on the dems. It is like watching someone drown in slow motion.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

There were millions of tweets being put out there during the time of Yavonovitch's testimony.

The fact that Schiff was the person directly responsible for selecting one, introducing it into the chamber and directly reading it to the witness shows SCHIFF's intent to influence the proceedings and the witness.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

in mr schiffs " defence " - how do you know he was ?

the news and content of president trumps twits COULD have been passed to him by a staffer operating outside the chamber

its obvious from ATS members posts // threasds - that " certain people " read mr trumps every word - just to see if they can use any to attack him

but i digress

the real issue - IMHO - that a sertain segment of ATS is loathe to address - is :

it was mr schiff that engaged in witness tampering - by informing her of the twit - and reading it in the chamber

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Apparently it's been so long since anyone has seen integrity some have forgotten what it looks like.

So, do you guys miss me? Muhahahaha!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Schiff tried to pull a fast one when he took 5 minutes to break-down the 4-5 events surrounding the Ambassadors' removal from the Ukraine Post (ultimately to a fellowship position)'
Schiff organized the sequence of events to underscore the 'coincidences' aligning up because a Trump pre-planned 'Bribery' was the driving motivation...

I counter that Trump 'rotated' the Ambassador to Ukraine, back to the State Department HQs, because she was up to her eyeballs in allowing the Ukraine corruption of Hunter Biden+Burisma payoff to go un-investigated. Trump took action to replace bad actors with fresh faces in the whole drama with Ukraine, already noted for continual corruption, for decades !

ETA; Yovanovitch was recalled from her post in May and is now a State Department fellow at Georgetown University.

So, contrary to the implied impression, she was not fired nor demoted, just given another assignment which she herself asked for... the 33 year veteran of the State Diplomat corps...got caught up in the 2 sides that are warring, the Constitutionalists and the Progressive Left which funds itself with elements-of-the-group like Hunter Biden getting rich on Influence Peddling by the former VP joe biden… By then passing donations to the rest of the group of Elites to share the fruits of a money tree being shaken...or poison vaccines/abortions/trafficking/ et al -> or so says the adversaries to the Deep State cabal

I still see the mixing of NDAA rules (which nullify all Constitutional rules) in the ongoing 'Inquiry' rules & testimony , being played out behind the Intelligence Committee of the House, Adam Schiff as Judge/Jury/Supreme Czar

to the detriment of Trump being treated as an 'Enemy of the State' rather than the POTUS
I guess this goes with the ~slow secession~ AKA Calexit... of California from the USA to become protected by the UN

edit on th30157391926116472019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

So, do you guys miss me? Muhahahaha!

your last thread was Jan 2019

10 months away is just a halftime breather
but --Yeah, good to see ya back... bring more dark-gothic atmosphere with ya ?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And not only was his intent to get this message to Ms Yovanovich it was also a message to anyone else who might dare to speak up.
Of course since her testimony was about how he had her slammed and smeared this just goes to cause.
Additional evidence that that is his modus operandi.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They had breaks throughout the day.
You dont think she would have seen this if Adam Schiff had not read it to the house?
Ha ha
You guys are just mad it was recorded into the official record of the impeachment hearings.
I bet he is mad about it too.
Don't take that phone away from him ever.
edit on 11162019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

But she still only testified to what she herself had seen and heard.
She often said no I did not know that.
Or that occurred after I left.
So just because Schiff informed her of things she did not know she did not adopt any of it as part of her testimony.
Schiff is not just talking to her he is reading information into the official record.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I am curious how Trump's tweet can be considered witness tampering. She had already given testimony in closed hearings. All of the committee reps kept reading her own words from the transcribed deposition and she would simply nod and agree that is what she said.

How is it possible to intimidate someone when they have already given a record of their testimony? This public inquiry is simply proproganda for public consumption and the House should just send the articles for impeachment for a vote for if there is any evidence, they have already discovered it in those closed door hearings.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And not only was his intent to get this message to Ms Yovanovich it was also a message to anyone else who might dare to speak up.
Of course since her testimony was about how he had her slammed and smeared this just goes to cause.
Additional evidence that that is his modus operandi.

Oh FFS, they could’ve of had a 20 ft sign in the room flashing Trump’s tweet in neon and it wouldn’t have made a damn bit of difference in her testimony or anyone else’s. You know it, I know it and everyone else in America knows it. Your party with that piece of schiff at the helm has turned the Democrat party and this impeachment into a major embarrassment and mockery of this country’s government. This whole circus that your trying to act serious about is a pathetic joke and I think you know this don’t you?

Like Nunes said “Im not exactly sure what the ambassador is doing here today”. She doesn’t know jack. She’s nothing more than a disgruntled gov employee who got her poor lil feelers hurt because she got demoted for doing a crappy job. Regardless of how long she’s been at her job and presidents she’s been appointed by in the past, Trump doesn’t owe her a damn thing, nothing.

In case you missed Nunes questioning her.

...and my favorite, LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

to paraphrase mr nunes :

" ms yovanavich - what is the point of you being hear " ?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

He said a lot of funny things its true.

Here. What is the point of you being here.

But I hear ya.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join