It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Floods The Mail Must Get Through

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
There's a lot of serious flooding here at the moment. Given the political timing I could easily suspect weather modification is being used to scare the kids into voting for the fake green industrial revolution.
'Climate change kids! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!'

At times like this someone has to show us the way.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
You have more videos to share?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

This could also have something to do with it;

Around 10,000 homes a year are built on flood plains, despite repeated warnings over flooding in the UK. One new home in every 14 built in 2013-14, the most recent year for which data is available, was consturcted on land with a significant chance of flooding, according to an analysis by the Financial Times.

Indepen dent (2015)

Almost 10,000 new homes could be built on some of the most flood-prone areas of England, a Greenpeace investigation has found. They include hundreds of new-builds in Sheffield and Doncaster, the towns hit hardest by the latest floods.

BBC (Six hours ago)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Stipping down to deliver 80% junk mail and 20% other mail that could be emailed? Nk thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As rough as it is for many right now. Floods like this are not uncommon and happen most if not every year in the UK.
edit on 15-11-2019 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I experienced some flooding - luckily not in my home, just whilst driving. The first reaction to this frustrating situation is to blame someone or something, CLIMATE CHANGE.

I never felt like that before, but it was my brain's 'go to'. I have been programmed by the media to blame this on climate change.

It's not of course. Or well, it might be but it's not induced by CO2.

As a poster above mentions, it's the bloody stupid amount of crappy newbuilds built on flood zones and also - remember almost every path and road in the countryside had a ditch next to it (full of frogs and newts etc) - well they've all been filled in.

Excuse poorly written post am in a hurry.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It's not just the positioning of new builds. I read somewhere this morning that back in the time of the Blair Government there was a EU directive to stop what is now the Environment Agency from dredging the rivers...yes it saved Government money...but it came with a whole heap of other stuff too. The dredging was now the responsibility of the landowner, but also the EU decreed that the material dredged could not be left on the river bank, which would have helped to build up a natural barrier as was done in years gone past...no the dredged material has to be removed in a safe and appropriate way because they deem it as 'waste'.
Water Framework Directive

Wet Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
As angel says, the regulations changed a few years back. At one time any running water course (even if it was only a cup full of water running) was the responsibility of the area water company to keep clear and prevent flooding.
Now if you own the land next to a water course you own half that water course and it's your responsibility to keep it clear. If there is ANY flood risk the authorities will not help.
How do I know this? My friends garden backs on to a large stream which 20 yards down stream goes into an old 8 foot culvert, which collapsed a few years ago. At that time the area water authority repaired it but lined it with a 4 foot pipe. Blocker. The authorities do not or will not do anything, siting it's the land owners responsibility now. But the land owner is the county and they don't want to know.
That's why if you look at these houses being built on the flood plains the builders NEVER buy the last 20 yards to the water course. Easy aint it.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well you know it is all down to the Sell off/Privatisation (into Tory Bank Account's) of the old water board, back then we had regulations for drainage ditches which were made more lax to accommodate bigger farm fields reducing the efficiency of water drainage in time's of heavy precipitation, more pumping stations including for removing excess ground water from these drainage ditches and today only a handful of these facility's remain, the new ones are not built to handle the volume the old one's were AND the private water company's have sold off areas for development.
Also the Tory's if I cast your mind back to Cameron argued for reduced human interference and letting nature take back much of the low lying land, oh and add to that plans for thousands of new home's on flood plain's.

It's one part bad government (the biggest part) and one part malfeasance (a very sizable part - vested interests and all that you know old chap, clap on the back and a funny handshake to boot as in the old school tie fraternity getting there rock's off making there hedge fund managers very wealthy).

Tory's need I say any more (oh! and that New Labour lot did not help one iota either since they were just Tory's - sorry Wolves in sheep's clothing pretending to be Labour but having nothing in common with the traditions of the party they had hijacked).

Don't you remember the warning's that the Labour - OLD Labour - Party gave when the Tory's were selling off the water, something about people being charged for what was already there's and since the private enterprise were being given an industry where there is no competition they would literally strip mine it for profit and charge as much as they could, remove unprofitable assets - I mean a government has to plan ahead but a company is only concerned about there quarterly profit margin so running unprofitable pumping stations was never going to be in the interests of there share holders now was it.

They have a whole generation whom are too thick and simple minded to remember, they are banging on about future water shortages - well there are going to be water shortages because they have closed off those unprofitable water facility's and sold off the water SERVICE to private contractors whom know they need a DEMAND to make a PROFIT so obviously private enterprise running our national assets was paramount to TREASON but the since it was the Tory's that did it they get away with it like always.

And as for the flooding, Tory's (helped by New Labour whom were NEVER really Labour at all and betrayed pretty much everything the party stood for), well that is going to happen when you have heavy rain, no drainage ditches were there used to be many and private company's managing your water infrastructure its not only predictable it's as sure as egg's.

Also the biggest threat to our National Security is not Labour or even the Green's it's the Bloody Tory's (but if you know how a magician work's then imagine him playing trick's to five year old's well that's about how clued up the British public really are to there politician's, they are the five year old's and the likes of the Tory's are the magician bamboozling and lying to them - fool me once shame on me, fool me twice - well how many time's have the Tory's fooled the British public, I have bloody well lost count.

Never mind the water look at all the pot holes on our road's, our road's used to be fit for purpose but as soon as someone started putting the idea of PRIVATISING our road system up on the Tory Benches and the government found excuses begin the privatization of those assets, firstly by making councils responsible for roads that had formerly been maintained by the department for transport, oh I could go on and on and on.

Hey one of the woman hit by those flood's in Yorkshire that Boris Johnson at first said were NOT a National Emergency before having to back track (Because you know you have to throw a few Denarius to the Poor before an election and then you can take them back off them) after speaking to him for about ten minutes walked off angry and called him something rather appropriate but not very pleasant.

They need help not some two faced heartless Tory Public SchoolBoy Eton educated Bullingdon Club (the Bullingdon club grew out of the old Hellfire Club that was rumoured to have held satanic ceremony's and of course orgies in the 17 and 18 hundreds and the Bullingdon club members have a terrible reputation for the way they treat other people and trash places they decide to go out for a drink at - but since they are rich and powerful and from rich and powerful family's it then get's swept under the rug) member (burn £50 notes under tramps noses as part of there initiation same as Cameron his fellow member) crying crocodile tears for them when in fact he does not give two hoot's for there well being and is only concerned about getting back into power so is just doing the round's to make out he is a caring Leader, when in fact he is NOT.

www.spectator.co.uk...
www.independent.co.uk...

And a Tory perspective, rose tinted glasses, well he is from the part of those making money out of the rest of us after all.
www.independent.co.uk...
Don't laugh he is serious, claiming the privatization of the water board as a success, which planet is he on anyway, oh that's right Planet Tory Elite Rich Bag's.

edit on 15-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Well you know it is all down to the Sell off/Privatisation (into Tory Bank Account's) of the old water board,

Your dislike of the Tories blinds you to the real reasons. These are well documented.

1. Changes in agricultural practices supported by grants from the EUs Common Agricultural Policy. This has directly led to flood plains being drained. Destroying flood plains, bogs, marshes and other natural “overflows” has also caused huge ecological damage.
2. Planning authorities slavishly building housing on flood plains because they are flat. More housing is necessary to house a population bloated by uncontrolled immigration caused by (ahem) the EUs Freedom of Movement policy and Labours past policy of just letting anyone in if they could get to the UK. The Government should stop green field building.
3. Deforestation. Oh God, I hate to bang on about the Common Agricultural Policy, but forests have been felled and thousands of miles of hedges grubbed so farmers could exploit generous EU grants. Why? Well because a hedge is unproductive.
4. Climate change is cited as a reason, but I have not researched this and whether (for example) more rain is falling, and more often. Anyway, it rains in the UK.

There are also several type of flooding, but we’re suffering from two types at the moment…

- Fluvial flooding - when a river overflows because there is too much water in the river.
- Surface water flooding – where rainwater cannot drain away, such as because the housing estate had been stupidly built in a valley with a bottle neck.

Additionally, we spend billions on flood defences. Essentially we are trying to protect homes because above points.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Also soil compaction.

Soil has large and small air pockets that help it function properly. When soil particles are squeezed as heavy equipment travels across, the soil becomes compacted.

“Those big air pockets are really important for water infiltration,”
. . .
“I know people who’ve been no-till for 30 years, and they still have an existing hardpan,” she says. “This is not something that disappears quickly.”

Over time, it heals itself.

“The problem is, we continue to till and fluff up the stuff at the top,” says Riekman. “Our tillage implements push down and compact the lower layer, while the topsoil fluffs back down on it. It becomes compacted on itself.”
www.agriculture.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sorry but I don't dislike the Tory's I hate and Loath them they are disgusting filth, con artists and self important little men that are not fit to give orders and should be scrubbing the dirty dishes on zero hours contracts and minimum wage in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I hate and loath new Labour and Militant as well, generally though I dislike ANY sitting government - but right wing corrupt government all the more, you know my mum was a descendant of the Aristocracy, you know she was robbed of more money than you could ever count and yet when she went to a barrister whom was the sitting MP for west Lancashire for Help a Tory by the name of Ken Hind he promised he would investigate, he did but only for his own benefit and though my mother had letters from him from the house of common's with such words as "You have been Wrongfully Deprives of two estates" he would not put the important details in writing and was always avoiding directly helping her, ten day's before Collin Pickthall took office he said in his last meeting with my mum that "I am sorry I can't help you any more, it's just that were this much money is concerned there is no gentleman above board", also when my mum first met him he was of the opinion that he had already met her at a function in London as someone was using her identity but of course he never had and my mother soon dispelled that notion from him.
So a TORY MP took a pay off not to help my mum, get it.

Not saying that I Liked Pickthall or anything he was even worse but Rosy is actually a decent woman and has helped people, she is our current sitting labour MP the same that a neo Nazi prick from Skelmersdale new town was plotting to murder before he was stopped by a police sting.

MY honest estimate is that there are GOOD and BAD in both party's, sadly they are divided by that PART line so good are thrown into bad on both sides and usually but not always BAD prevails in those party's.

While you may not like Corbyn and he may not be perfect the claim is a danger to national security is a pile of CRAP it was David Cameron that left us with no planes, ship's, and withdrew funding from our military WHILE we had lads deployed in war zones and equipped with substandard vehicles and body armor and gun's that led directly to many of them dying as a result, Labour has had no involvement in the damage the NEW Tory's have done to our armed forces.

Oh one other thing, other than SOME of the backbenchers if we had the facts on criminal behaviour and fraud in parliament including who it was that was sniffing coke from the house of common's toilette seat's I am afraid that more than half of the Tory's and also plenty of Labour, the Liberals and perhaps even one or two SNP and even Paid Cymru would probably be in police custody for various offences.
There is an old saying POWER CORRUPTS but I believe the more accurate is POWER ATTRACTS THE CORRUPT, yes being in the presence of a corrupt clique can corrupt BUT over all it is the need for power that drives these folk's and they are human being's individuals just like you and me BUT often with a hell of a lot less moral integrity.
And we are the sheep that put these pricks into power, think on that.

edit on 16-11-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Sorry but I don't dislike the Tory's I hate and Loath them they are disgusting filth, con artists and self...

That's my point. Take the blinkers off. Flooding is not because of the Tories.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
It's not just the positioning of new builds. I read somewhere this morning that back in the time of the Blair Government there was a EU directive to stop what is now the Environment Agency from dredging the rivers...yes it saved Government money...but it came with a whole heap of other stuff too. The dredging was now the responsibility of the landowner, but also the EU decreed that the material dredged could not be left on the river bank, which would have helped to build up a natural barrier as was done in years gone past...no the dredged material has to be removed in a safe and appropriate way because they deem it as 'waste'.
Water Framework Directive

Wet Rainbows
Jane

Well said Angel but also has to be pointed out that dredging only works for some rivers and stretches of rivers. For others it is better to be more natural, particularly in the upstream stretches. For example, replanting species that soak up and store excess water.

The biggest thing though is to actually keep culverts and run offs clear of obstructions. Farmers are generally good at this (or anything else that affects their livelihoods) but the E.A not so much....

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Sorry I have expanded it a bit before you replied, to be fair the EU also shares a bit of the blame as they pushed for standardized farm field size which led to the loss of a vast swath of our hedge row environments and also our drainage ditches, the lapse in regulation's following the privatization of the water industry certainly did us no good though.

new topics

top topics

join